You Belong With Me

All I Can Do Is Pray

Richard Calagry’s POV:
“The pressure got to her didn’t it.” Amy whispered as I looked around the apartment.
I nodded and explained, “She never befriended the right people and I feel awful that I didn’t stop those friendships. She’s eleven years old and she acts like a rebellious sixteen-year-old.”
Amy placed a hand on my shoulder and replied, “Don’t worry the kids here are very good and they’ll put her back on the right track. I know it must be difficult raising a daughter without Sonny around but you are doing fabulous. Trust me. I’ll be here now too. If she doesn’t want to go to work with you I can take her. I’m always free on the weekends and sometimes I even free on the weekdays. Even if I’m not free I can take her to work with me. She’ll see all sorts of houses. It’ll help her understand culture since it seems she didn’t seem too excited to move to another country she doesn’t know very well I presume.”
I smiled and said, “Thank you Amy. I just really hope she meets someone that will change her for the best not for the worse.”
“Oh it is very rare she’ll meet someone like her friends from Arizona. You never know, maybe she’ll become friends with a Harry Potter cast member!” she laughed.
“Oh I doubt that’ll happen.” I snorted.
As we stood in the kitchen, Amy leaned against the counter and asked, “How is she doing in academics?”
I shrugged as I sighed, “Okay. Her grades were dropping a bit towards the end of the last school year but hopefully the influences here will make her focus on school again. The problem is she is intelligent beyond words but she doesn’t realize it. If she doesn’t know how smart she is, how can she use it to succeed. Just like her mother.”
It became silent after I said the last sentence and I cringed. Why did I say that?
“I think we should get heading to dinner.” Amy quickly muttered before walking out of the kitchen.
I nodded and called Rain out of her room. We went to a small café down the street and ate before going back to the apartment building. There Amy quickly showed us which car was our new car and then she left. That night I went to bed hoping and praying that someone would change Rain for the best.
I never thought they and especially he would do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo what do you think?:) Gonna go write some more. Please comment and subscribe!!! Seeing subscribtions makes me happy and seeing comments make me happier:) But still subscribe! haha:P (& yes i am aware. really crappy chapter titles! but i cant think of anything:P)