You Belong With Me

Hogwarts

Rain’s POV:
“C’mon Rain we need to get going!” a voice cried as they shook me.
I groaned as I slowly awoke to my frantic dad, who was shaking me insanely.
“What time is it?” I mumbled.
“Eleven and I need to be on set by noon. Get ready fast!” he cried as he ran out of my room.
I jumped out of bed and speedily took a shower and got dressed. I wore a purple sequin tank top, black shorts, and a pair of purple flip flops.
“Rain we’re leaving right NOW!” my dad yelled.
I scowled as I knew I didn’t have time to straighten or scrunch my soaking wet hair so I pinned my bangs back over my part and hoped my hair would dry before we got there. I ran out of my room, grabbed a banana from the gift basket full of fruit in the kitchen, and ran out the door and out to the parking lot where dad was already in the car. I hoped into the passenger seat and before I knew it my dad was speeding down the roads. I could tell he was having difficulty because he wasn’t used to driving on the right side, but since there was no way I could help him I just ate my banana and listened to the strange British radio.
As we began to enter a rural, mountainous area, I nervously asked, “Dad are you sure we’re going the right way?”
“Of course we are!” he quickly replied.
I glanced at him beginning to think they were filming Harry Potter in the middle of nowhere in a forest or something. Boy was I wrong. Suddenly we approached this perfectly manicured lawn and an extravagant castle. There were cars all over the place and signs directing people where they needed to go. Many kids were walking around in what looked like wizard and witch wear.
Finally my dad pulled into a parking spot and said, “Okay Rain let’s go!”
We got out of the car and ran as fast as we could, which was not very fast for me because I was wearing flip flops, when a voice cried, “Richard Calagry?”
My dad turned around and muttered, “Crap!” when he saw who it was.
I quite frankly, didn’t recognize the person one bit.
“Mr. Yates!” my dad cried in joy as he walked up to the man and shook his hand.
I slowly lingered behind my father, not wanting to show myself unless I knew who it was.
“Oh Mr. Yates this is my daughter Rain, she’s eleven years old. Rain this is Mr. Yates the director of this amazing film!” my dad said as he pulled me next to him.
My face paled as I slowly waved to the director. If you didn’t recall from before, directors tended not to like me.
“Hello Rain nice to meet you.” He said in strangely, a friendly tone.
“I don’t have anyone to watch Rain when I’m at work so I was wondering if I could bring her here with me? She has been on sets before so she knows exactly what to do. She won’t move or make noise during filming; she stays out of everybody’s way and doesn’t talk to any actors. She usually just sits in a spot that’s near set quietly and amuses herself.” My dad asked.
“Why of course she could! She doesn’t have to hide in a corner though she can befriend the cast members.” Mr. Yates cried.
My jaw dropped and I replied, “Really?”
“Yes really.” He laughed.
At first, I was happy that I could talk to the cast members but when I remembered what movie set I was on, my heart sank. I was on the Harry Potter movie set. All the people here would be geeks and nerds.
“Well I better get going. It was nice meeting you Richard and Rain.” Mr. Yates smiled.
“Bye! Nice meeting you too!” My father and I automatically replied.
“I also better get going. Have fun sweetie!” my dad cried as he ran off.
“Bye!” I cried as he ran away to work.
I walked around for a while, trying to avoid cameras and actors, until I finally found a calm deserted spot next to a small pond. I sat down and fiddled around when I decided to pull out my phone. I scowled when I realized that I couldn’t contact anyone back home because it cost too much. I slid my phone back in my pocket when I finally settled on the only thing I could do: throw rocks towards the pond. I would watch them skip across the pond and sometimes I would even throw two at once and see which one would make it further. I know that it is really childish and not cool, but I couldn’t find anything else to do!
“And the blue rock beats the red one!” I giggled after I watched an intense competition between two rocks.
“That was a close one. Really looked like the red one had a chance for a second.” A voice with a British accent whispered behind me.
I jumped around to see a boy with dark brown messy hair and bright blue eyes looking at me. He was wearing a wizard’s outfit and silver framed circular glasses and wore a tattoo in the shape of a lightning bolt on his forehead.
“Sorry if I bothered you it’s just that I do stuff like that when I get bored too.” He continued as he slowly approached me.
“Oh well I usually don’t do little kid stuff like this but I couldn’t find anything else to do.” I stated as I held my head high, wanting this five-year-old kid to leave me alone.
“Are you in year five or six?” he asked.
“I beg your pardon?” I cried after he asked the strangest question.
“You know the character you play in Harry Potter, are they in year five or six? Or are you an extra and they didn’t tell you you’re year?” he explained.
I quickly shook my head and replied, “Oh no no no. You see I don’t act, especially in nerdy movies. My dad is working in special effects that is why I’m here.”
He nodded and then asked, “Are you sixteen?”
“No I’m eleven…how old are you? Five?” I answered.
The boy tilted his head to the side and said, “I’m eleven too. Why do you wear all that makeup, dress up so much and act so serious as if it’s cool when you’re only eleven? Don’t you find it a bit silly?”
My jaw dropped and I was about to yell at the boy when all of sudden, it all hit me. This all was silly. The makeup. Some of my clothes. The way I behaved. I acted as if I was five or six years older than how old I really was. I was pretending to be somebody I really wasn’t. Why would I do that?
I smiled and giggled, “All of it is silly isn’t it?” as I began to wipe the makeup off my face and pull the clips out of my hair.
“It is very.” He laughed.
I smiled and said, “My name is Rain.”
“My name is Daniel.” He replied.
That was the beginning to a friendship that would last a life time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo I'm going to start writing from her at the age of 22 in the next chapter so the story is actually going to get going!:D yayyy. Please please please PLEASE subscribe and comment!!!! I mean all you have to do is click the "subscription" link above and then click the first "click here" in the paragraph! Then go back to the story go to comment, click the little empty box, and put your fingers on the freaking keyboard! Dont think its that difficult. Please tell me if your reading!!!! I love seeing what ya have to say:)