Status: Comment ;)

Invisible

The Journey

Grand Rapids, Minnesota was the town where paper is made. It was the place people always knew where it was. I only took a few steps onto the road with so many cracks and found myself wanting to cry. Even though the skies are dark and had been like that for awhile, the weary sound of children crying or starring at you with the look that says “I’m hungry”.

I kept my pace slow just so I wouldn’t trip following the road signs pointing me to lumber Inc. The place was only a mile from the place my childhood memories hold. The signs barley shone, slowly fading away. I was still yet to find out what happen to this place, this wonderful town that held what looks like a new life, in the picture there’s colors and people smiling behind my parents and I. The elegant glow of the little casino was probably the only thing that had colors on it; I knew I was close with the smell of vineyards and lilacs filling my nose.

When I finally reached Lumber Inc, the little path on the right side of the store lead to my house; of course other houses to. It was dark and surrounded by tall green trees and rusted signs, the path was beaten up and fading in color to a light grey then a smooth just put down grey. It was starting to get cold with each step closer to my house. I tugged on my sweater and hugged myself tightly.

Just a few steps ahead you could see the houses lined up, mine was said to be the third one down with grey wooding and a blue door. As I was walking closer, I started to get nervous, what if this changes who I used to be and who I feel I am now? I had to walk in, just a couple more steps. A huge wind hit me like a tornado forming next to me, blowing my blonde hair out of my face and causing me to lose my balance.

I was here, I was at the place I once used to call my home, the haunted house, that filled with my past and much more I desire to find.