Mibba Frerard

I Forgive You

Gerard's P.O.V

I get out of there as fast as I can. Sonny made me feel so fucking worthless. I know I'm a crippled fag but Frank had made me feel like so much more than that. Noone has been this good to me since the accident, even Mikey, and he's the only member of my family who cares about me.

It was so much fun! I stood up and felt the wind in my hair as we sped along the highway at what must have been over 100 miles an hour. I whooped and screeched as we swerved and skidded. There wasn't many people on the deserted highway. We were in Mexico and we'd made sure that this road was practically deserted. We were joyriders and thrill seekers but we sure as hell weren't stupid.

Matt was driving and when he saw a gap in the railings separating the two sides of he road, he decided to have some fun. He started driving up the other side of the road...the wrong way. I laughed because he was just being stupid and I looked down at him. I was stood in the passenger seat, thanking God that Jimmy's Dad had an open topped car. If it was closed, this would be no fun at all. I saw Matt turn around to talk to Jimmy, who was sat in the back. I turned back to the front and saw the car, going about the same speed as us, hurtling towards us. I screamed and Matt turned to the steering wheel but it was too late. The car crashed into us and I flew over the windscreen and everything went in slow motion. There was a crunching sound as my legs hit the windscreen of the other car and then there was a crack as I fell back and hit my spine, just above the radiator of the car. I lay there, balanced between the hoods of two cars and watched everything. I wasn't unconscious and I knew that the worst part was that I didn't feel any pain. I'd just slashed my legs and broke my back, I should have passed out from agony by now, but I hadn't. That meant something was very wrong. More wrong than the fact that Matt was bleeding from the ear, more wrong than the fact that Jimmy was staring off into the distance with a glassy look in his eyes and i couldn't move my head. I was looking into the dead eyes of my best friend and all I could do was lie there. I was utterly helpless.

The guy in the other car must have regained consciousness and called an ambulance because after forever, I was hoisted onto a stretcher, still in no pain and I saw Matt loaded into the same ambulance as me, still bleeding. People were saying things hastily and doing things to Matt. I heard 'crashing' and 'losing him'. I couldn't hear much though because everything was still in slow motion and someone was trying to ask me questions but I couldn't hear them. All I could here was the screech of brakes and that crunching noise the glass and my legs had made and all I could see was Jimmy's eyes, staring through me, even when I closed my eyes.

They must have given me something because I woke up in hospital with Mikey beside me. He was there watching me. He saw me open my eyes and unlike most of the soaps you see, he didn't contact a nurse, he just sat there and looked at me for a long time and then he said,"I forgive you. I forgive you for joyriding, I forgive you for not telling me, I forgive you for drinking, I forgive you for nearly dying and I forgive you for being the shittiest brother I could ever have since you stopped caring when I was 9. Mom and Dad hate you though. They're not getting coffee or talking to a doctor, they're on holiday, trying to block out the shame of having a rebel for a son."

A tear rolled down my cheek and I thought about my life. I sat up, or at least I would of if I could have moved my legs. I didn't say anything to Mikey but he must have noticed because he spoke again,"The doctors say that you mangled your legs pretty badly, they had to operate to reconstruct them and get the glass out of your bone and they said you were very lucky, in that respect, because they could save your legs easily, but they said your spine was different. You fucked it up really bad when you hit the front of the car and you're probably gonna need a wheelchair for the rest of your life. You can have physiotherapy but Mom and Dad said that after the way you acted, you don't deserve it."

There was no emotion in his voice and that was more painful than if he'd shouted at me. He was the only person in my life that actually cared about me enough to stay with me. I held out my arms for him and he stood up and wrapped his arms around me. I started to cry openly and I felt sobs wrack Mikey's skinny chest. We stayed like that for a long time and cried and then Mikey climbed into the hospital bed beside me and I fell asleep in his arms with my head in his chest, with tears drying on my face.


Who lets me sleep on his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so you guys are awesome. There's 90 of you!
Anyway, I just decided that it's been far too long since I updated and I have no excuse so here's an update.
Thank you so much for bearing with me.
Oh and this chapter is dedicated to fuck-shit for adding me and for being one of two of the nicest authors in the world.