‹ Prequel: Never Meant to Be
Status: Whenever I can

Ghosts of Our Past

Chapter Twelve (Edited)

July 12th, 2027
Tuesday
Holiday Inn, Boston, MA
6:00 A.M.

The Beauregard's slept soundly that night and the alarm clock rang at 6:00. Trenton had to be at the Garden at 7:00. The family went down and ate breakfast in the hotel and then got Trenton's things together. They crossed the street to the Garden carrying all of Trenton's gear. Trenton had been told to enter through the back door in the parking lot that the Bruins usually parked in. Evangeline hugged him and told him good luck before her and Lucille went inside the normal way. Evangeline saw several other parents walking in and she scanned the crowd for Tammy.

They walked down the cement stairs and sat down in the front row. People were scattered around in different seats. She looked around for Nathan and saw him coming in on the other side. She saw Tammy walking behind him and felt a streak of fear. She saw a boy following them who must have been Zach. She watched him closely, he did in fact look like Nathan, but not so much as Dylan or Trenton did. His face had a few of his mother’s features. He had brown hair and from what she could see was a pretty tall kid. She looked out onto the ice to see the players were beginning to come out. A group of players in red jerseys came out and then a group with blue jerseys came out. She smiled to see Trenton come out in a blue jersey. He was looking around at the rink amazed that he actually on NHL ice. The two groups mingled together until a man called them all together. They came together in the middle of the ice. Evangeline could hear what the man was saying.

"Welcome men to the NHL Training Camp. Most of you have already been guaranteed a draft spot but some of you will be pulled if you can't keep up with the training. This is the ultimate test. I want to start with a scrimmage to see how you all do together." The coach split the group up by their colors, red and blue. Then he made the lines. Evangeline felt proud when Trenton was put on first line. She desperately searched for Dylan amongst the other players. It wasn't hard to find him. He looked exactly like his father, and like Trenton except for his blonde hair and prominent bright blue eyes that she could see from her seat.

Trenton knew it was his chance to show all of the scouts and trainers his skills. They got down into the face off and Trenton looked over at the other team's right winger who had bent down next to him. He was surprised to find him looking right back at him. Trenton was shocked at how much the other kid looked like him. Except for his blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes he could of been his twin.

The puck was dropped and both Trenton and Dylan skated away from each other. Trenton put his focus back on the game.

Evangeline saw Trenton and Dylan glance at each other. What was going through Trenton's head as he looked at his brother? The game went on scoreless for the first period. They were playing a full game and running the clock up on the big screen.

Trenton had possession of the puck and was looking around for a teammate to pass it to to take it up further ice. By the time he saw Dylan coming up to him it was to late. Dylan smashed him into the boards, taking the puck for himself. It took a minute for Trenton realize what had happened. He got up quickly, now wild with the want for revenge. He skated back towards Dylan and body checked him onto the ice. He took the puck and skated into a breakaway. He easily got it past the goalie and into the net. He joined his linemates in a victory hug. He saw Dylan give him a dirty look before they got back into the face off. Trenton, quick on his feet, got possession of the puck and skated off. Dylan came up on him and battled to get the puck away. Trenton held onto it and tried to get past Dylan. Dylan refused to let him get away and frustrated, skated him across the chest.

"What the hell man?!" said Trenton. He shoved Dylan in the chest and Trenton shoved him back. The two dropped their sticks and gloves and attacked each other.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.