‹ Prequel: Never Meant to Be
Status: Whenever I can

Ghosts of Our Past

Chapter Thirty-Two: Epilogue

June 25th, 2028
Saturday
Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
6:00 P.M.

The 2028 NHL draft was amazing for Trenton. It was taking place right at home in Nashville at the Bridgestone Arena. When he sat down his seat it felt amazing to finally be there. He was drafted as the 4th overall which he was ok with because he'd beat Dylan Horton who was the 5th overall. Lucille, his grandfather, and uncle Troy were there with him to see his crowning moment.

Nathan sat down at the Bruins table with Jeremy Jacobs and the rest of the Bruins major staff. He knew both his sons were here tonight as 4th and 5th overall. He couldn't wait to see where they ended up and despite the fact they both hated him he was happy for them. His marriage with Tammy had officially ended a month ago. They had split the money half and half and he'd left her both houses, not wanting to live in places that brought back so many bad memories. The Bruins hadn't won the cup that year and they'd gotten out of the playoffs early. Nathan had bought a small house way up on a small lake in New Hampshire where he'd go for the summer. Evangeline had grown over the two months and she was being watched by his sister Michelle tonight so he could come here.

Trenton felt a jolt of excitement when they called up the first overall. It wasn't long before the third player had gone up and it was his turn. When he heard a Chicago Blackhawk's staff member call his name he had never felt such a rush of happiness course through him. He stood up and hugged his family before walking down the stairs. He had never followed the Blackhawks much but he knew they were a great and honorable team and had had some of the best players on the NHL like Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane. He wished his mother was there to see him.

Nathan watched with pride as his son pulled on a Blackhawks jersey and got up onto the stage. He smiled happily as a picture was taken. Nathan felt like he was seeing himself up there back in 2003 when he was the same age and looking almost exactly the same except with a Panthers jersey on. He watched Trenton get down off the stage and knew Dylan was next. The Detroit Red Wings called Dylan down. Dylan came down from his seat and got up on stage slipping the Red Wings jersey on. Nathan smiled knowing that The Blackhawks and Red Wings were rivalry teams. He watched Dylan get his picture taken and get down. He knew it wasn't the end of things between Dylan and Trenton. It never would be for as long as they lived. Nathan's blood ran through both of their veins tying them together forever. He just hoped life would be a lot smoother than it had ever been. Evangeline's death still upset him, he would cry about it sometimes, thinking how things could be if she were alive. The secrets and lies had strung everyone out from each other ultimately ending in disaster.
__________________________________________________
Thank you so much to all my readers, commenters, and subscribers, this story could not of been successful without you and I would of had no reason to continue on writing . :)

To everyone who doesn't know I am making a complete Bruins series of two stories for three players each on the team (Milan Lucic, Nathan Horton, and Gregory Campbell.) When I'm done I'll be writing one story that brings them all together so you can find out what happens to Nathan, the baby, Trenton, and Lucille. You can check my profile for any new updates on what I'm up too.

My Gregory Campbell story has just been posted up, and I'm doing a small spin-off from this series about what happened with David Krejci after Evangeline left him. It will only be a few chapters long and won't count as part of my Bruins series.

Thanks again to everyone! :)