Me and Maths

Mousey Me NOT ANYMORE !

This was it.
I was back stage violin in hand. I had seconds to change my mind and just play my Mozart on my old violin or do my secret coup of the whole talent show.

The teacher has just announced my name.
I walk out and tell the band to let me play for half a minute and then I'd stop for them to start.

As I walked to the front ready to show my parents and the world the real me. I'm not just their silly little Mousey prodigy any more I'm a woman.

I stand in the classical violinists pose I reflect my parents smile as I slide my bow over my violin and the first stanza where I stop, turn and nod to the band, as I run off stage, looking distressed.

They start drumming and I come back on stage. For the last month me and my band have rehearsed in secret and today was the reveal. Everyone was whispering about me as I came back on in a corset and very little black short shorts and fish nets, and as my mother's mouth gapes open I start to sing "Cherry Bomb by The Runaway"

After my mom and dad hear the first chorus they walk out and I carry on the whole idea is to show them I'm no music prodigy. I'm a singer. I had to tell them some how as I start music college in three days, I had changed my course last month to rock and mainstream from classical and classical jazz.

We start again and on the third time after the crowd is singing too, the electric to the stage is cut and the lights go, in pitch black I feel two hands pull me of stage when the lights are back on the band has also been nabbed and the principle is apologising and announces the winner as she does people are shouting "Violin girl!" I want to go back on but then I remember the hands. I turn my parents look distressed!

My mom shoves my dress back over my head, she then drags me back to the car.

As we get home my mom forces me to sit in the lounge, instead of going upstairs.

"YOU STUPID GIRL!" she breaths fire and spits venom with her expression and pitch.

"Why I just wanted to show you the real me!" I shout back quietly the adrenaline having warn off.

"You failed your early maths meaning no early acceptance at the music college!" My father sternly sighs, He doesn't know what to do he's just seen his daughter in kinky underwear on stage sing a song about being a slut.

"So I'll resit." I scoff I get up and start to walk out when my mom grabs my arm pulls me to her and slaps me!

"The school won't have you!" she is about to go seismic like an earth quake at me when the door knocks its Mrs Green returning Robin and Liana my ten year old twin brother and sister.

As my dad gets the door placing each child on a hip starting to sleep on his shoulder and taking them upstairs. My mom puts her face right next to mine I feel each globule of saliva as she whispers softly her harshest ever words, "WE WILL TALK IN THE MORNING." I then scurry off.