Me and Maths

People think they know best.

"Oreal! Was that Austen?" My mother shouted as she walked through the door.
I nodded "He said his mother would be looking for him." I say as I sip my coffee.
My mom picks up the spare one, "Austen made this? yes?" I nod again she continues, "Mr Anderson, Austen's dad owns a coffee franchise that's where he worked while at college his mom was telling me, he was also tutoring maths." she sipped and then poured it away, "Too many calories." she grabbed mine and did the same, "If you my little Oreal want to go on stage like that again you need to keep fit."

I looked at her, had she just said I could be a singer and perform? She did, she's not joking!
"O'my God Mom, Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou!" I hug her, "Your being serious right?"

"Pass your maths and your life is your own." she smiled and walked off. BITCH!

I shove my heels on and grab my bag I walk out the door. I walk to town about five minutes away and walk in to my local coffee shop and I ask for a job application, I need to buy a tutor.
someone taps my shoulder, I turn its Austen.

"Oreal? Why do you need a job? Thought you had school." Austen says as he goes behind the counter and hands me a new application.
"I got... Expelled." I sighed and gave him at don't react to bad look.
"Really for that dance?" He queried.
"No, for the outfit, St Marine's is very religious." I smirked as I fished a pen from my bag, and started to fill the sheet in, Austen brought me a bar stool as he set up the cappuccino machines.
"So did you apply for colleges?" he asks as he cleans.
I evade "So this is the shop your dad owns? I didn't even think you had a dad the last guy I saw around yours I was seven and you called him Paul."
He rubbed the back of his neck, "Your right, my dad moved when I was seven, you where three I think you won't remember the 22 year-old girlfriend my elder sister Loren's best mate Jennipher. There still together. My mom still unmarried, my sister refuses to talk and here I am working his empire as he is now too busy with his 13 year old daughter and seven year old son." He gave me a look.
"Ah, he knocked Jennipher up, then?" I added up the years.
"You don't need a maths tutor." he laughed, how did he know.
"Hey, Sherlock who told!" I laugh back.
"Your mom told mine." He smiled.
"Actually, my adding is fine, its everything else." I sigh "I can count on my fingers." I lean on my arms which are folded on the counter.
"Maybe your dyslexic?" he says out of the blue.
"Dyslexic?" I ask.
"Not all dyslexics are terrible at English. There is a specific dyslexia called dyscalculia specifically maths related." he smiled.
"I'll talk to my mom. Any way she says I can do singing at music college if I pass maths. I won't get in with out it." I bang my head on the table, harder than I thought "Ow"
He laughed. "Okay I'll tutor you Cherry bomb."
I throw the ruined application now crumpled and it lands on his head, he throws it back I go to grab it and the stool rocks back.... Austen grabs me just in time, and once again we were about to kiss and the door opened he placed me and the stool to our original position, he then serves the customer and places a new sheet with a post it:
I think the day will be more fun with you Austen. x
He put a kiss on it!