Me and Maths

Too many weeks.

I walk into my house, I pull out my bangs and start to take off my shoes before walking upstairs when I hear shouting from the kitchen.
"Imogen, we agreed!" I hear my mum shout.
"No! Miriam, she is your problem. Henry made that clear on her 3Rd birthday, when you changed her name!" I hear Imogen shout back.
"Please Imogen, by now Oreal has read the letter, she will want answers." Mum pleads.
"Aurora died the minute you changed her name, I only have four children. One of whom I have to pick up from school in twenty minutes, so Miriam please don't take my leaving like this as personal but I do stress that you don't try to commit suicide for the third time, nobody likes an attention seeker," Imogen smiles vindictively at my mother, I see her in the kitchen door's reflection at the same time she sees me and blanks me, turning her head and leaving via the back door.

I hear crying and I back out of the front door and watch the back of Imogen's BMW drive away.
I take a breath and walk in, two minutes later.
"Hey, I'm home. Mom? Mom did I just see Aunt Imogen's car? Hey Mom? I walk in to the kitchen and nearly gag, Mom is at the breakfast bar, passed out with her arms cut. Mom?!
I call an ambulance and cover her wounds.

I hear a knock at the front door, and it creek open, "Oreal, are you up to testing out my Mom's swing? I finally installed the seat..." he stops as he hears the sirens and sees me trying to staunch the bleeding. "Oreal?"

"Austen please just stay at the door the ambulance is on its way." I plead with him not to ask.

***

Mum was lying in a bed. Dad had dropped Robin and Liana at Austen's Mom's.
Gran had made her way to the hospital and then Imogen turned up playing the dutiful daughter. I could not believe her! Austen held me close, so I couldn't talk to her or go near her, she walked towards the toilets giving me a look, to brief for anyone else. I wait a few and then tell Austen I'll be right back.

I walk towards the ladies toilet and as I enter I see Imogen standing in front of the mirror applying her lip gloss.
"Imogen... or should I call you Mammy..." I say, Azlynn couldn't pronounce O's very well when she was little. I tense up worried for her reaction.
"You listen here you god forsaken brat, I had two more years before this shit blew up!" She says angrily at a normal level.
"You gave me up! You didn't care for me! You think of me as an inconvenience...." before I could finish she butted in.
"No Aurora, I was never allowed to keep you." She said factually.
"What? Why?" I beg for answers.
"Ask your dad." she interjects.
"How? I don't have a dad, you never told me who he is." I am on the verge of tears.
"Ask YOUR dad." She then walks out.
It finally hits me, My Dad, is my dad!
♠ ♠ ♠
so? sorry for the wait :)