Status: tbh; only have a slight clue where this is going :)

Breathe

Two

I felt a warm, solid body on top of me.

It was warm.

I took in a breath.

I was eager to take another; but I stopped myself in time.

Once again, I was crowded around. All I could see now was a mop of dark, choppy hair and shoes. Lots of shoes.

I focused myself on the mass of hair in my face and struggled to get a word or two out.

The owner of the hair spoke first.

He apologized profusely, face red with his eyes downcast.

Arms shot out from the crowd, pulling him up and off of me. They immediately dropped him to the side and all at once grabbed out to me, yanking me into their harsh clutches. Some of them glared at him, stared at him with hateful eyes. His face was still directed towards the ground, his body still on the ground.

I freed myself of the death grips and pushed my way through the mass towards him. I knelt before him, unsure of what I was going to say, what I was even going to do.

He must have noticed me kneel down before him, as he whipped his head up in surprise. His face was still slightly pink but his eyes; his eyes shined with tears soon to be shed.

I almost let out a gasp. This boy, crying, but why.

So I asked, quietly of course. Although, with the noise the crowd was making I doubted anyone but him heard.

He sniffled and shook his head slightly. His hair shook with his head, a little delayed in the movements. A thought popped in my head; I wondered whether his choppy, dark, uncombed hair was as soft as it looked.

The thought was strange; I mentally shook my head as if to shake away the weird thoughts.

I assumed it worked; none managed to swivel their way into my mind.

Suddenly, the crowd began splitting itself and a small group of boys came towards me and the boy. They stopped until they were right behind him. I guessed they were his friends, of sorts.

The boy in the front of the group knelt down to the side of the boy and whispered in his ear. I couldn't hear what he was saying, nor did I think it was in my place to know what he was saying, but I was curious.

I'd never seen this boy before, and he was fascinating. I wanted to know more.

The boy stood up as his friend stood up too. I watched them go up, still kneeling on the ground. The friend turned around and began walking away from the boy, who was still looking down. I could see his eyes; they were blinking furiously. He was trying to get rid of his tears before they fell, before anyone could see.

I slowly stood up, trying to grab out to him, but he too turned around and walked away.

I remained standing there with my hand stretched out slightly. I continued to stare on after him, mentally willing him to turn back around.

I didn't even know his name, nor did I think he knew mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
blargh; took a while, but here it is :)