What Happens in Vegas

Chapter 1

Thursday, July 15th

It was a clear, unbearably hot Arizona day. Most of the college kids in Tempe were sipping alcoholic beverages by the pool. The girls would lay out working on a summer tan whilst discussing who was hooking up with who, who's fake tan looked rather orange, and which guys were cute and should give them a call. I would've been doing that too, but I preferred to use gradual tanner to avoid getting skin cancer. So instead, I was having yet another Saved By The Bell marathon with my best friend April.

I heard a knock at the door, causing me to jump. April cocked an eyebrow at me, as I shrugged. I stood up from the couch to look through the peephole to see who it was. It was my cousin John and his friend Garrett.

"Hey April, prepare yourself." I said, as her eyes doubled in size and she ran to the bathroom. April had a huge crush on John, so I loved being a bitch and teasing her about it. I opened the door and was greeted by an ear-to-ear grinning John.

"Aria!" John said, reaching down to hug/pick me up. John was a giant and I was a smurf, so our hugs were always awkward.

"Hey Johny, and Garrett," I let go of John and switched to Garrett. "What are you guys doing here?" I let them in, as April came out of the bathroom with her hair and makeup perfectly touched up.

“A guy can’t stop by to see his favorite cousin?” John said, trying way too overdramatically to appear hurt.

I shook my head, rolling my eyes at my cousin’s dramatic expression. I fell back down on the couch, raising my eyebrow at him. “Did you guys really come just to say hey? Wouldn’t you rather be swimming or something?” My eyes wandered to Garrett, who was playing with his zombie shirt.

“Okay no but we came over here to also say hey! It’s a twofer!”

I scoffed, twirling my hair. “What do you need?”

John ran over to me, crouching down to my level. This is how I knew that it was something he was gonna need to convince me to do. “Okay you know how it’s really hot over here and our pools are boring as fuck? Well I was thinking we should do a roadtrip! My friends and your friends!”

“And where would this magical roadtrip’s destination be?”

“Vegas.”

I pursed my lips together, thinking. “So you want me to ask my dad…”

“Only if you want to. I just thought you’d like to get away for the summer as much as we would.”

“Fine. But, on one condition. You have to buy me drinks.”

“Deal!” John spit on his hand and I spit on mine, and we shook hands. Ever since we were kids, we had to spit shake when we made a deal to make it official.

“I’m gonna have to do some major ass kissing to get this. So when should we go? Next week?”

“That sounds great! I’ll tell the guys!”

“5 person limit.” I said, poking his chest.

“Fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's starting out slow, but I needed to start off with how Vegas got brought up:)