Status: COMPLETE

Tattooed Attitued

Keep away

The walk over to work was agonizing for Miss Rubianco; with the throbbing and dreadful pain in her feminine area radiated towards her hips, which caused her to walk a bit slower than usual. Work wasn't far for her, about three or four blocks out of the way which took her twenty to thirty minutes walking time. As she treaded slowly, she wondered to herself why on earth didn't she just drive to work? And then she looked out onto the street and watched the atrocious New York traffic beside her; nwo she'd rather walk than sit through half of the day in traffic.

As the Wooster Street Social Club was finally in view, she slowed her pace down until she stopped in her tracks. She was fearful of what her co-workers may think of her, she clenched her fists and she took a deep breathe. With each step she took up the stairs, she bit her lip as she winced in pain. When she opened the door she could hear the distant sound of her co-workers talking amongst themselves. The front desk was finally in view and she saw Jessica, Robear and Megan.

"Hey baby," Jessica said. "You okay?"
"I feel like shit," Louie said, sighing as she walked behind the desk and sat next to Jessica. "I just want to punch someone in the neck. Look I'm sorry for ditching you two last night, I...I had to leave a little early."
"You don't have to lie Lou-lou," Megan said, smiling at her as she used her nickname. "We saw you with Ami."

Louie took off her sunglasses and buried her head in her hands, her head pounding over and over again. She felt Jess rub her back softly, knowing that Louie was feeling more like crap now than ever.

"I feel so embarrassed," Louie groaned.
"Don't be Lou-Lou," Jess said, comfortingly. "I mean, you two were pretty off last night, we understand."
"You guys really mean that?"
"Yeah a drunken kiss is just a kiss it's no big deal." Robear said, referring to the sloppy kiss she and Ami shared last night.
"So it's a safe guess that everyone else saw too?"

The three of them nodded a bit, assuring her that everyone indeed see Ami and Louie kiss that night.

"But, did anything else happen Lou-Lou?" Megan asked. "I mean you completely disappeared last night, how did you get home?"
"Well...I don't know if I should tell you," Louie said, nervously.
"Come on Lou-Lou," Jessica said. "You can tell us."

Louie took a deep breath as she brought a hand up and twisted the end of her braid. She sucked in her lips as she looekd around, Tim and Billy were working on a few sketches while Chris and Tommy were working on a couple of clients.

"I had sex with Ami last night." Louie finally said, as all three of their mouths dropped in unison. "I'm not proud of it, I feel so...cheap."

Louie could feel her walls breaking down as she felt all thee of them looking at her, she didn't dare look at them in the face. She wanted to jump up and run out of the shop and away from everyone. But she suddenly felt Jessica wrap and arm around her waist and pull her into a soft hug.

"It's okay Lou-Lou," Megan said as she walked over to Louie and hugged her too. "It's not your fault."
"Yeah I'm sure Ami understands," Robear said.
"Well, actually I don't think Ami knows," Louie said as both girls slowly left go. "I woke up before Ami did and I left shortly after."
"How do you know Ami doesn't remember?"
"Please, he slept like a rock. It's a possibility that he believes it was a dream....did Ami come in at all?"
"Actually no," Jessica said. "It's not like him to be late."
"Well it's not like him to drink until 2AM."

 
______________

About twenty minutes later and a couple of more customers started to walk in and call about making appointments. She had no appointments scheduled today but it ached poor Louie to even pick up the phone, but she had to suck it up and work it through like the champ she was. Megan was nearby, talking to a customer about a possible tattoo. Suddenly she accidentally dropped a few pencils onto the floor. As she bent down to pick them up she heard the door open and someone walking in.

"Louie," Someone called out. As she stood up she looked over to the drawing area and saw Billy and Tim. "Come here for a second?"
"What's up?" Louie said as she walked over to them
"Can you look at this for me?" Billy asked, showing her a sketch he did. Unfortunately, Billy was still Ami's apprentice so he didn't get the chance to tattoo yet. "I don't feel right about it."
"Yeah, but you're doing fine Billy, what's wrong?"
"Well, actually we're just trying to keep you busy for a little bit," Tim said. "Ami just walked in."

Louie could feel her heart racing a little bit faster, knowing that Ami was somewhere in the room. The last thing she wanted was something awkward between her and her boss.

"Where is he now?"
"He's talking to Jess. Look, we saw you two leaving together last night, so we know you probably want to avoid him today."

Louie laughed as she hugged Billy and Tim, thanking them for being so understanding. Louie stayed with them for a few more moments, she listened as the phone stopped ringing all together.

"Uh oh," Billy whispered. "He saw us, I think he's coming over."
"Crap. Well so much for your wonderful plan."
"God, he looks terrible."
"That's what alcohol does to you early in the morning." Tim whispered.

Louie turned around, and indeed Ami was walking over to them. And Billy was right, Ami looked like shit; Louie could tell he didn't want to be messed with today.

"You okay boss?" Billy asked as Ami walked by them.
"Do I look okay?" Ami snapped. "What are you doing here Louie, get to work."

Louie raised her eyebrows in surprise, Ami had never snapped at her before since she started working here. She put her arms up in defense and turned around to walk away, trying her best to ignore the pain.

"Geez," Louie scoffed as she sat back down next to Jessica. "Not two minutes in the shop and it's like messing with Hades."
"Do you think he knows?" Jessica asked.
"I don't know...but you'd think after having sex with me you'd give me some gratitude. I mean it's been a while but give me some credit."

Jessica burst into laughter as Louie tried to joke around, which made Louie giggle a little bit. Louie held her stomach as it hurt for her to laugh.

______________

"Wow," Billy said, turning to his mentor. "I don't think you've ever scolded at Louie before."
"Whatever." Ami said.
"What's wrong with you dude, why are you stressing out over nothing?"
"It's not over nothing! Look, you two come with me."

Tim and Billy followed as Ami walked down the stairs and into his office. As he walked in, he sat down at his desk and Billy closed the door behind them. Billy and Tim sat on the red couch as they waited for Ami to speak up.

"Something happened last night," Ami said. "Something big."

Tim and Billy looked at each other for a moment, each other thinking that Ami could have already figured out.

"But I need you two to tell me exactly what went on last night when we went out."
"Well, what do you remember?" Tim asked.
"The first thing I remember was hanging out with you two and Robear. And then Chris and Tommy guzzled drinks down my throat."
"Drinks?" Billy said, pointing out the plural. "Ami, they gave you one. And then you kept going for more!"
"Well why didn't you stop me!? I was counting on you two to back me up!"
"What do you expect Ami?" Tim asked. "You keep pushing yourself halfway of the edge; we figured you could use a break. Look, what else do you remember last night?"
"What else is there?"
"You don't remember someone else being there? Someone with feminine proportions?"
"No....no wait! There was someone else."
"Do you remember who it was?"
"No...but I do remember...it was a girl."

And again, Tim and Billy shared a glance.

"Why do you keep looking at each other like that, Is there something you want to tell me?"
"Well Ami...," Tim said. "That girl was Louie."
"...So she was hanging out with us, so what!?"
"No Ami, she wasn't just hanging out with us," Billy said, growing quite annoyed with his mentor. "You kissed her last night."

Ami leaned back in his chair as his mind started to go crazy. He threw his head back as he ran his hands over his face, this was not healthy for a man's hangover.

"Get out," Ami said, leaning forward and his elbows his the table. "I need to be alone."

Tim and Billy got up quickly and out of the door. Ami sighed as he was surrounded by silence on the outside, but on the inside Ami's mind was jumbling.

_______________

After a while to himself, Ami finally walked back upstairs to the front of the shop. When he got upstairs, he looked over to the front desk and saw that Tim was talking to a customer for a tattoo and Jessica was sitting at the desk but Louie wasn't at her post.

"Where's Louie?" Ami asked, walking over to the desk. "I need to talk to her."
"She's with a customer," Tim said as he pointed to the front area.

Ami looked over and saw that she was indeed busy with a client. Louie politely made quaint conversation with the customer, trying to make them happy. As Ami watched, Louie and the client started to laugh and she continued to tattoo them.

Ami was about to walk over to her, to let her know they needed to talk about last night when suddenly a client walked in asking for Ami. Now, Ami couldn't turn down a customer, even if he need this talk urgently.

"Tim," Jessica said, turning to Tim as Ami walked away to the drawing table. "Did you tell Ami about him and Louie?"
"We didn't really have a choice Jess," Tim said.
"Poor Louie; as if she doesn't feel like crap already."
"I know."
"Know what?" Louie asked as she walked back with the customer and his finished tattoo. As soon as the customer paid his due and he left, Louie leaned onto the counter. "What's going on?"
"I'm sorry Louie," Tim said, looking at the young tattoo artist sympathetically. "We had to tell him."
"Oh thanks a lot Tim." Louie harshly. "Where is he now?"
"He's working on a sketch," Jessica said, pointing to the back. "What are you going to do?"
"What do you think? I'm not good at confrontation."
"Well you can't hide forever!"
"Watch me!"

Louie walked over to the bathroom and locked the door behind her. She really did have to use the restroom but now she had a very good reason to hide as Ami walked over to with the sketch for the customer. Thankfully for Louie, he didn't notice her frantic hobble to the bathroom. Jessica couldn't help but laugh a little as Louie hid in the bathroom and Tim smiled quite amused with her.

It was understandable however, how Louie didn't want to talk to Ami this day. See, Louie had grown a quite infatuation with her dear boss, but she knew nothing would ever work. All she saw from him was her boss, and she respected him for that. Ami too grew a bit fond of Louie's physical appearance and hard dedication to the shop. Louie was a fine addition to the shop; she barely complained, she always kept a smile on, she was very polite to the guests, and she was quite humorous and cheerful. Even on a bad day, she knew she had to put on a humble face.

The whole day, Louie tried her best as to come up with an excuse to be busy and away from Ami. If the phone wasn't ringing, she was taking walk-ins and tattooing them; she had about two so far. She even started cleaning up the shop with Robear when it was necessary, she even took out the trash too.

"Little Louie's working hard huh?" Chris said as he walk by. Louie crumpled up a scrap paper and threw it at Chris' head. "What was that for?"
"It's your fault damn it!" Louie said as Chris walked around the desk. "And Tommy's too, you arrogant assholes. If it wasn't for you two I wouldn't be avoiding Ami all day."
"Oh, because of last night? We gave him one sweetheart, just to get him relaxed."
"Just one?!"
"Yeah, not our fault he liked it so much and started doing shots after."
"Really!?"
"Look, I'm real sorry about it Lou, I really wouldn't have done it if he'd had gone this far."
"So you know, then?"
"Yeah, I saw you two leaving. And judging by the limp in your walk he wore you out huh?"
"Shut up!" Louie pushed him playfully as he laughed.
"So do you forgive me, Lou?"
"Alright." Louie said as she rolled he eyes. Chris opened his arms and pulled Louie into a hug. She was pretty close to Chris; she and Megan were the only ones who really understood him unlike everyone else.

__________________

Soon it was a few more hours until closing time, and Louie found herself sitting alone at the front desk. Jessica disappeared somewhere, Louie wasn't really paying attention; the phone's stopped ringing, there were no walk-ins, there was nothing left to do. She was sitting alone at the desk, researching for inspiration for possible sketches. Using her peripherals, she suddenly saw Ami walking over to the front desk, she tried to make it seem like she was busy, keeping her eyes glued to the computer screen, but that didn't stop Ami.

"Hey Louie," Ami said, standing at the side of the desk. Louie turned in her seat and looked up at Ami, who was leaning against the desk. "You avoiding me?"
"Of course not," Louie lied, though she was quite good at pulling on a convincing smile. "What's up?"
"Look I'm sorry about snapping at you earlier. I just...I'm having a really off day I guess."
"Don't worry about it boss, I understand."

Louie smiled at her boss, assuring him that it was fine with her and that she understood. That was one of the things about Louie that intrigued Ami, she was always so understanding, she got the point, and she didn't push anything to the point a person would break.

"Listen...we need to talk. Can you come with me downstairs?"

Louie looked up at him as she sucked in her bottom lip. She nodded as she stood up, though forgetting about the pain radiating in her bottom area. She winced as it ached her.

"Are you alright?" Ami asked, noticing her pained face.
"Uh huh." Louie said, lying again as she nodded as she followed him. As she walked towards the door to the basement she quickly glanced at the others, a look of sympathy in their eyes. She bit her lip and continued following Ami.

She grew more nervous with each step down the stairs. She swore she could feel her hands shaking as she balled them into fists.

Ami sat down at his desk as she pulled up the black chair and sat opposite of him.

"I don't know if you remember anything from last night, do you?"
"Oh no, I remember plenty."
"Well um...about last night-"
"Ami; I know what you're going to say, don't worry. Last night was a mistake, what you and I have is strictly professional."

Ami looked at her a bit surprised, it seemed to him that she was taking this pretty well, better than he had expected.

"Exactly! I'm glad you understand Louie."
"You're my boss; I mean, none of us could remember the sex so it shouldn't matter right?"
"Right. Wait, what!? What are you talking about?"
"What do you mean? W-what are you talking about?"
"I'm talking about kissing you last night! We had sex!?"

Louie sat there in shock, as did Ami. Ami had only vaguley remembered the kiss. She mentally cussed herself out, had she kept her mouth shut she'd be home free.