Status: COMPLETE

Tattooed Attitued

Until Then

It had been months since the photo shoot; since the little quarrel Louie had with Ami. There had been arguments, tussles of the office, and more than disagreements. Chris had left the shop. There was strong tension between him and Ami, which led Chris to do some sneaky, underhanded and out of pocket work behind everyone’s back, and led to Chris’ leaving.

During these few months, Louie was in talks with Tim about going to California for the conventions he was involved in. He wanted Louie to be his right hand man. Well, woman in this case. He trusted Louie as a professional and as a friend. And tonight was the night their last day at the shop.

“We’re out papi,” Tim said as he and Louie approached Ami at the desk.
“See you two tomorrow?” Ami asked. Clearly, he had forgotten.
“Tomorrow?” Louie repeated.
“No, we’ll see you in three weeks.” Tim said.
“What do you mean three weeks?” Ami asked.
“I’m taking Louie to California; we’re doing those conventions I told you about.”

Ami groaned a distressed groan. Placing his hands on his forehead with a defeated look on his face.

“You forgot huh?” Tim asked.
“Yeah,” Ami said. “I’ve been so swamped with work. Chris is gone, and now you two are leaving.”
“I don’t know what to tell you Ami.”
“You’ll be alright boss,” Louie said, trying her best to make her boss feel better. “I’ve seen you go through tougher situations.”
“Thanks Lou,” Ami said.

Ami walked around the desk and embraced Louie in a hug. It was aching her to go, especially now when Ami didn’t even remember she and Tim were leaving. He said a final goodbye to Tim and she and Tim finally left.

She would see the shop again, her co – workers….friends. She would see Ami again.

Three weeks isn’t that long, right?