I Don't Wanna See No More

Chapter Five

I sat on the couch in my suite anxiously waiting for Joe. Since we were going to the Ralph Lauren show after this, I was wearing one of his dresses from his collection.

It was a gold, strapless color dress that had pleating from the waist down and slight pleating above the wait that crossed over from one side to the other. Adding one of his brown belts with a square golden buckle that matches the dress, I put on some basic black heels that were hidden under the dress. I straightened my long black hair and grabbed a black clutch for the night. I kept my make-up simple, only putting on light eyeliner and mascara and was ready to go.

I hated being so dressed up for a show, knowing I’d get uncomfortable and cold but that was how fashion week in Europe worked, especially in the front row. In New York, one can get away with being a little simpler but barely. I sat in my thoughts wondering who would be there when I heard a small knock at my door.

I opened the door and my breath was taken away. There stood Joe in a form fitting wool black suit with a crisp white button up shirt underneath and a black skinny tie. His hair was styled in the front again and he still had the scruff on his face.

“You look stunning,” he smiled at me, extending his arm for my to take. I bit my bottom lip, trying to get the thoughts of how gorgeous he looked out of my head.

“Thank you, you look okay,” I responded sarcastically to try to hide what I really thought.

“It’s okay, I know I look good, you did that thing,” he smirked. I gave him a confused look.

“That thing? What thing, Joseph? Please share,” I responded, rolling my eyes.

“You bit your bottom lip,” he said. I tried to play it cool.

“I always bite my bottom lip, Joseph,” I said.

“Yeah, when you’re checking me out. Don’t be ashamed, Kate, it’s sexy and you can check me out whenever you like,” he winked. I looked down at the floor, not wanting him to see my blush.

“Don’t we have dinner to get to?” I finally said.

Joe lead the way out of the hotel and to the town car waiting for us, along with a ton of fans and paparazzi.

“Should we say something?” I asked him.

“Let them think what they want, like you said, we have dinner to get to,” he shrugged.

I sat down in the car, unsure what to do. Since we weren’t technically dating, I couldn’t just snuggle him like I would usually do. And we couldn’t just make out like we sometimes did.

“So, how were the interviews?” I asked, breaking the silence.

“Good, it’s really fun to talk to the radio hosts and let Europe know what’s going on,” he chuckled. I was left wondering if he was just as unsure of what to do with me as well.

“And did you lay out all the tracks?” He asked after a moment of silence.

“Yeah, I got it all done, actually. Pretty fast work, surprisingly. Now, I am just going to enjoy Milan,” I said. Joe nodded.

“Giving you time to hang out with me,” he smiled.

“Only if you wanted to,” I said back.

“As if that’s even a question. I haven’t seen you for months, of course I’m going to want to hang out with you,” he said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

We arrived at the restaurant, something incredibly gorgeous and Joe led me inside. Too nervous about the dinner and spilling anything on this dress, I ordered pasta with a clear dressing.

“That was the lamest meal I’ve ever heard you order,” Joe said bluntly, knowing my love for food.

“If I spill on this dress, I’m screwed,” I responded.

“Well, you’re sharing a tiramisu with me for desert,” he said in a low, husky voice.

“Joseph Jonas are you trying to seduce me?” I asked him, getting close to his face

“Keep calling me Joseph and I’ll take you right here,” he whispered in my ear.

Yeah, this whole leaving it to chances thing was fun. And this Milan trip was proving to be oh so very worth it.

As we ate dinner, we talked about how our families were doing and what was going on with Nick and his solo career as well. And when it came to be desert, Joe brought his chair next to mine, sitting dangerously close.

“Open,” he demanded. I decided to have a little fun with this. I opened my mouth slowly, allowing him to put the fork in my mouth. Taking my time with the fork, I slowly let him guide it out of my mouth, liking my lips when I was done.

Joe cleared his throat and took a bite of the tiramisu himself, getting a little bit on the side of his mouth.

“You have a little bit,” I said pointing to his face.

“Oh, can you get it?” He asked. I took this as another opportunity,

I brought my face close to his and kissed the corner of his mouth where the sweet, espresso flavored custard was resting on his face.

“Now you have it right there,” he pointed to my lips.

“Can you get it?” I whispered. He didn’t hesitate to bring his soft lips to mine.

His kiss was tender and soft. Just like I remembered. The passion was there but it wasn’t as rough as the other night when he stayed the night. After a few moments of sweet kissing, Joe pulled away.

“We have a runway show to get to,” he smiled, taking his hand out for me, I stood and we walked out to the town car.

When we got to the fashion show, we arrived at the red carpet where the cameras were flashing brightly, people screaming for all the stars to look there way. Joe led me with his hand on the small of my back to the cameras where we would stop and pose together.

“Joe! Joe! Are you two back together?” Reporters shouted.

“Kate! This way! Joe!” Others screamed.

Joe just stood next to me and smiled at all the flashes, I didn’t know what to say to them so I just stood there next to him, smiling at the flashing lights, remembering to have a set spot to look at so I would not be blinded.

Soon, a man in a headset led us to our front row seats and we were home free for now.

“Gotta love a red carpet,” Joe chuckled.

“ I didn’t think people in Milan would care we were seen together,” I said.

“There are reporters from all over, even probably America, but who cares what they think, we know what’s going on and they can run whatever they wish,” he assured me with a soft hand squeeze. I leaned on him a little bit until the show started when I had to look more attentive at all the models that came down.

The tall, lanky models stomped their way fiercely down the runway. Each having a serious face and as Tyra would say, they were smiling with their eyes which never made sense to me. One model kept looking over at Joe each time she made her way down the runway. And on her last turn, she gave him a wink and strutted away with a little more sway then the last time causing me to tense up.

“Relax, Kate,” Joe mumbled over to me.

“I’m fine, I mean, you know, it’s, it is what is,” I fumbled over my words, wanting to say it’s okay because he’s single and she can technically go after him but I cared about him too much to suggest he talk to her.

“Katie, my love, we may not be official anymore but I’ve only got eyes for you,” he promised. I smiled and applauded as all the models made there ways out and stood when Ralph Lauren himself appeared on the runway.

After the show was over, I was as I predicted, getting cold. They always made fashion shows so freezing, thinking everyone would be stuffy feeling afterwards because of the amount of people running around. I rubbed my hands up and down my arms to try and get some friction going when I saw Joe take off his suit coat and put it on me.

“Thank you,” I smiled, putting my arms through his jacket, allowing it to loosely hang off me.

“I didn’t make that dress for it to be covered by one of my men’s jackets!” I heard someone say. I turned around and saw a white haired man in a black turtle neck and khakis speaking to me.

“Mr. Lauren, no it’s not to cover the dress, I am just cold,” I laughed. Ralph Lauren pulled me into the familiar European greeting (though he is VERY American) and he shook Joe’s hand.

“Ah yes, what a good, chivalrous man we have here,” he smiled.

“The show was great, wonderful stuff,” Joe said to the designer.

“Thank you, Joseph, you two make my designs worth it, you both wear them well. Next time, where a plaid under that suit, give it some pop,” Ralph winked at Joe before walking away. When he was out of sight, I died in laughter.

“Whatever,” Joe mumbled, clearly having some pride struggles being told about his fashion, which he is always very prideful about.

“Aw, Joseph, it’s okay,” I cooed at him, stroking his upper arm. Joe pulled me into him, wrapping his arm around my waist.

“He is right though, you look stunning,” Joe smiled; I looked into his eyes and placed a kiss firmly to his cheek.

“You still amaze me, Joseph, you still always amaze me,” I responded.

“I love when you call me Joseph, really I do. Not even in a sexual way it’s in a way, in a way that makes you more unique and more, mine. Well not that you’re mine, just that, we’re still connected,” he stumbled through his words; I linked arms with him and rested on his side.

“Don’t think about it right now,” I assured him. Joe guided us through the crowd and all the cameras that were still curious about what was going on with us as Joe opened the town car door for me.

“So what should we tell them?” I asked Joe. He shrugged and got in the car as well.

“I don’t think we really need to share with them much of anything,” he said. I nodded in agreement.

When we got back to the hotel, Joe led me upstairs and we stood by my door awkwardly.

“You know, you can like, come in if you want,” I suggested. Joe hesitated for a moment.

“Why not just come to my room? I have comfortable clothes for the two of us and we can watch a movie and eat snacks, I know you’re hungry,” he laughed.

“Yeah, okay, that’d be nice,” I smiled. Joe opened his door and allowed me to go in first. I sat in the common area as he went back and retrieved some workout shorts and a t-shirt for me.

I unzipped my dress and let it cascade to the floor, pulling on Joe’s shirt and shorts. Joe came out to join me soon after in similar attire to myself and with his glasses on and a contact case and his old glasses in hand.
“I remembered we have the same horrible vision,” he grinned, handing me his spare glasses and contacts case with solution.

“You know, I really could just go next store and get my own stuff,” I laughed.

“It’s more fun this way,” he shrugged.

Joe and I sat down on the couch, each of us at one end. I scrolled through his channel selection, searching for something American.

“Are we really going to sit on opposite ends of the couch?” Joe questioned. I smiled and cuddled up next to him. Joe pulled me onto his lap and we both stretched out our legs, intertwining them like vines as I leaned back on his chest.

“Ahh!” I squealed finding the most perfect, American movie ever.

“Oh come on, Katie, we’ve seen this movie at least a dozen times together,” Joe groaned but I clicked onto the movie that was just beginning.

“You can never see Breakfast at Tiffany’s too many times, Joseph,” I sighed, rolling my eyes that he couldn’t just understand that.

I watched as the opening scene began, the soft sounds of “Moon River” began to flow as Holly Golightly stood in her long, flowing black gown with he hair pinned back and Ray-Ban esque sunglasses on, eating her breakfast and looking into Tiffany’s.

“Moon River, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style some day,” Joe sang into my ear softly.

I was reminded of our dates all over again from when we first started dating, from when Joe and I would watch movies in his parents family room and we would just be with one another, not many expectations and I wasn’t making music just yet so we had so much more free time to be together.

I loved just being present with him. And this time was only going to prove to me, how hard it would be to say goodbye again in just a matter of days.
♠ ♠ ♠
A total filler, sorry guys, I got super distracted. Tomorrow I'm getting up, going to the gym, showering and sitting down with a cup of coffee and a date with my macbook and word to type out something more worthy and dramatic.