Status: Active/New

Don't play with matches, My dear Brendon Urie

Shake baby sweat baby (18)

I leant forward to reach my book when I felt a hand prodding me In the neck, lightly.
“Hey lady, whats that?” Spencer said, looking at the bright red hickey Brendon had left me with after our screaming match last night.
O god, Spencer was the last person I wanted realizing this, he had the biggest mouth ever!
“Its a rash, my eczema's flaring up that's all” I acted modestly.
“LIES!” Spencer slammed his hand down on the table, one of his most frequent events.
I inhaled sharply “You keep your fat mouth shut, SMITH!” I whisper-shouted.
“No way, no-freaking-way, who's that the mark of?” His eyes lit up at the impending gossip.
I stood there nervously, but our conversation was broken up by Mandy's arrival, she had red eyes and a blotchy face.
“Oh Mandy, you look terrible” Spencer exclaimed pointing at Mandy. She looked like she was about to cry.
“Spencer don't be a douche! Whats the matter?”
“Its Ryan, he's in hospital. He got hit by a car last night!” She said managing to choke out.
Me and Spencer stared at each other, guilt arising in both our heads.
“When?”
“He had just walked me home he was on his way back home” Mandy snuffled, pressing her face into my neck as I rubbed her back soothingly.
“Don't worry its all going to be all right, its last period we'll go see him straight away!” Spencer said motivtionally.
Mandy nodded and remained silent for the rest of the lesson and even for the car journey to the hospital. She was allowed in straight away whilst me and Spencer sat silently in the waiting room.
“I hope he's okay, o please” Spencer said, his mum had just dropped off a round of snacks and we were nursing them silently.
I murmured in agreement.
A moment later Brendon came crashing through the door, Brendon looked livid and sat down.
I looked at Spencer who was stood awkwardly, he was no good at situations like this.
“I'm going to-going to go get a drink...” Spencer said, but I knew full well his mother had given him 5 juice boxes before leaving. He turned on his heel leaving me and Brendon in the waiting room.
“Why didn't you fucking call me?” Brendon snapped. I was taken aback.
“I thought you must have known. Maybe if you hung around with us more you'd know” I retorted.
“Don't start! My best friend gets run over and is in hospital and no-one thinks to ring me! That's not right!” Brendon rubbed his eyes and paced the room.
I fell silent, watching Brendon pace around the room. He shrugged off his jacket and threw it on his chair and sat down.
Silently I moved closer to him, I could see him grinding his jaw.
Tenderly I pressed my forehead against his cheek bone and my lips to his jaw bone, soothing them from grinding.
He stayed silent before uttering “Sorry”
I moved head away from his, just in time as Mandy stepped outside.
“He's awake!” She beamed and hugging us.
We followed her into his room, Brendon hung back and remained in his sit. I turned around and he beckoned for me to carry on, he just sat in the chair bracing himself.