Status: Active :)

Only In It For A Minute

Don't Be So Hard

“What do you even pack to live on a bus for four days?” I asked, as I continued packing. My room was nearly empty, as the day I was due to move to America loomed closer. Now I just had to pack my remaining belongings into a bag to take on tour with The Maine for the next few days and then the rest into my bigger suitcases. Since I was only going to be on tour with the guys for a few days, I was trying to take as little amount of clothing as possible, plus I didn’t want to be swamping the guys with all my stuff once I got on the bus.

“If they had their way, probably nothing,” Lizzie laughed.

We had stayed on their bus for a couple of nights whilst we were with them on Warped Tour a few months back, but this time it was just me and there were going to be no other girls either, which made me a bit nervous, but I got on with all the guys so well I knew I didn’t really need to worry.

“So when are they coming to get you?” Lucy asked, sitting on my bed.

“About 2, I think,” I said.

“But that’s only a couple of hours away,” Lucy said, quietly. I turned to her and saw she looked sad.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked, stopping packing and sitting next to her.

“This is the last time it’s going to be just the three of us in this flat,” she said. “It’s an end of an era.”

“I know,” I said. “It suddenly feels very real. I’ve lived in Reading for well over 3 years now, and I’ve only ever lived here and in Oxford, I don’t know how I’m going to cope without you guys.”

I saw her wipe her cheek and Lizzie came and sat next to me.

“You better not be crying, Lucy James, I don’t want you setting me off,” I joked.

“I can’t help it,” she sobbed, as a few tears fell down her cheeks. “I’m sorry, it’s just I’m so excited for you, but I’m going to miss you.”

“Now you’re starting me off,” Lizzie said, as she wiped her cheeks. “Have you seen what you’re leaving me with, Tash?”

I laughed slightly as tears began to sting my eyes.

“God guys, you won’t even miss me after a couple of weeks, I swear,” I smiled, putting my arms around both of them. “But I love you both, I wish you were coming with me. That being said, you are welcome any time, just let me get settled first!”

I threw a some clothes into my bag for the next few days that I thought would be acceptable and packed my wash bag too. I then spent the remainder of my time packing the clothes that were left in my wardrobe. Everything in my room was looking very empty. I had nothing on my shelves, my desk was completely clear for the first time since I’d moved in, photos that were stuck on my walls had been taken down. Everything was gone.

Before I knew it, it was nearly 2pm so I finished getting ready for the guys to come pick me up. This was the last time I was going to be in my room on my own, since the guys would be staying with us for the last couple of days after they finished touring and it felt very strange, knowing that the place I’d called home for the past two and a bit years was now going to be left behind along with so much else.

“Tash, you ready?” I heard Lizzie call, snapping me out of my daze. I picked up my bag and walked out into the living room and saw John and Jared standing there and smiled.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” I told her. John walked over and gave me a hug and kissed my forehead. “Hey,” I smiled, looking up at him.

“Tour’s waiting,” he smiled back, which I laughed slightly at.

“Hey big bro,” I smiled, as I saw Jared still just standing there. I left John’s arms and walked into Jared’s as he grinned at me.

“Hey little sis,” he laughed. “You have no idea what you’re getting yourself into.”

“That bad?” I asked looking up at him.

“Like I said, you have no idea.”

“Right, come on, the others are waiting, plus the Mayday Parade guys want to meet you,” John said, picking up my bag and walking over to me.

“OK, just give me a minute,” I told him. I went over to Lizzie and Lucy who were stood together and smiled. “Right, I shall see you at the last show, yes?”

“Of course, wouldn’t miss it,” Lizzie smiled.

“Good, right, bye guys,” I said, hugging each of them.

“Have fun, and don’t do anything too stupid,” Lucy told me.

We left my flat and walked down to the massive tour bus parked outside. We walked on and I saw straight away that it was a double level bus. Sat downstairs in the lounge area were Garrett, Kennedy and Tim playing video games who both put down their controllers when they saw me.

“Tash! Welcome onboard!” Kennedy laughed as he stood up and hugged me. John and Jared went up the stairs as I chatted to Kennedy, Garrett and Tim briefly.

“So ready for bus life?” Tim asked.

“It’s not going to be that bad is it?” I questioned.

“You’ll get used to it, or at least try to in these few days,” he told me. “Go on up if you want, that’s where the rest are.”

I walked up the stairs to find another lounge area where Pat, Jared, Max and Vito were sat on their laptops but looked up and welcomed me onto the bus too.

“Where’s John?” I asked. Vito nodded further down the bus and I turned to see the rows of bunks, with John sat on the edge of one of them.

“OK you have three options,” he said, as I walked up to him. “You can have this one,” he signaled to the one he was sat on. “Which is below mine, or you can have that one, which is opposite mine,” he said pointing up to another.

“What’s my other option,” I asked.

“You can stay in mine with me,” he smiled.

“Hmm, I think I like that one!” I laughed.

“I’ll warn you know though, these aren’t big bunks like on the Warped bus we had. It’s a bit more of a squeeze.”

“Oh, tried two in a bunk already, have you?” I joked.

“No, I’ve just been on a few buses during my touring life,” he said, standing up. “Besides, why would I want anyone else in my bunk?”

“Nice save,” I laughed. “So what are we doing now?”

“I think we’re on our way across London to the venue so we can load in and sound check and you can meet the Mayday Parade guys.”

“Sounds good,” I said.

I was sat in the downstairs lounge with Kennedy, Tim, John, Jared and Garrett as I’d settled in very easily over the last hour or so journey as the guys made me feel very welcome. Not long after, the bus came to a stop and turned off it’s engine. Immediately the guys all got up and got off the bus, with the others coming down from the top level. John took my hand as we all made our way into the venue, where Mayday Parade were currently loading in all their equipment and all nodded when they saw us walk in.

“I’ll introduce you to them in a minute,” John told me. “But for now, just chill out, we’re going to start loading in too.”

“Do you need any help?” I asked.

“Don’t be stupid, you’re a guest, we got this,” he smiled. I pulled out my phone and began entertaining myself as I sat to one side of the room.

A while later, I noticed the Mayday guys had all cleared the stage. John was now walking towards me.

“Come with me,” he said, pulling me up and taking me through a door to the backstage area. He knocked a door and entered a room, which was filled with guys sat around talking and music playing.

“Hey guys,” John said, holding my hand and walking in. “This is Tash, my girlfriend.”

“Hey Tash,” they chorused.

“Hi,” I smiled, recognising faces. I was a Mayday Parade fan and was stoked at the idea I would get to hang out with them over the next couple of days.

“Right, this is Derek, Jake, Jeremy, Brooks, Tyler, Johnny, Jake and Alex,” John introduced. “Tash is going to be joining us on the tour for the next few days,” he explained to them.

“So Tash,” Jake, Mayday’s drummer, got up and walked over to us. “How did a pretty girl like you end up with John?”

“Hey!” John said as me and Jake laughed.

“On a serious note though, I hope you enjoy the next few days and if you need anything, don’t be afraid to ask any of us,” Jake told me.

I spent the rest of the afternoon talking with various people on the tour as Mayday Parade and The Maine soundchecked. Around 6pm, me, John, Garrett and Pat went to the nearest Nando’s to eat before heading back to the venue shortly after. As we got back, the queue outside had grown much longer and a few people stopped the boys for photos and autographs. It felt awkward as I hovered in the background for them to see everyone, but it was something I was just going to have to get used to.

After the bands had played, they decided they wanted to go to a bar for a few drinks. We found one that wasn’t too far from the venue that seemed alright and all piled in, where we stayed until closing. A few of the guys had walked back to the buses a bit earlier, but the last ones left were me, John, Jared, Kennedy, Jake and Jeremy and a couple of crew members. Once the pub closed, we all walked back to the buses and all went onto the two buses. It was around midnight, so I was already planning on getting straight into my pyjamas as soon as I could.

“What are you still doing up?” Jared asked Garrett as we all got on the bus. We walked on to find him in the downstairs lounge playing video games.

“Not tired yet,” Garrett answered without taking his eyes off the screen. Jared sat down with him and picked up a controller to play too.

“I’m gonna head straight to my bunk, guys, night,” Kennedy said, making his way up the steps.

“I’m gonna go get in my pyjamas,” I told John as he took a seat downstairs too. “I’ll be back down in a minute.”

As I got up to the second level, I grabbed and pulled out the t-shirt and grey-checked bottoms I’d brought as pyjamas and quickly got changed. Most of these guys had seen me getting changed before and I wasn’t shy about my body, so I didn’t really care where I got changed, I had my underwear on anyway. Once I was done, I made my way back downstairs and sat next to John, throwing my legs over his so I could cuddle into his body.

“Nice pajamas,” he laughed softly as he held me close. “Didn’t put you down as a KISS fan.”

“Yeah, plus this top’s comfy,” I told him. I felt him kiss the top of my head as we sat there watching Jared and Garrett continue to play. I felt my eyes going heavy as we sat there and knew I should have probably just moved to one of the bunks, but I was far too comfortable curled up with John.

“I’m glad your here, darlin’,” I heard as my eyes fell shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

So close to Tash moving to America now! Literally 3 chapters now! I can't wait because then the drama begins!

Hope you enjoy this one!