Status: Active :)

Only In It For A Minute

The Dilemma

“Have you met Jamie’s girlfriend yet?” John asked as we got in bed one evening.

“No, not yet,” I told him.

“But you’ve been here three weeks,” he said. “Didn’t he say she lived in LA?”

“Yeah, and?”

“Well, I’ve been to visit you every weekend you’ve been here and I live in Phoenix,” he explained.

“Yeah but that’s your choice, and I love having you here,” I told him as I cuddled into his chest. “Jamie said she works a lot.”

“Does he talk about her a lot?”

“Not really, but that’s his business, I really don’t know him that well yet.”

“Hmm, something doesn’t seem right here,” he sighed.

“When did you get so suspicious, O’Callaghan?” I asked, rolling over so I could face him.

“When my girlfriend is living in a new country, in flat with someone she doesn’t seem to really know that much about.”

“Oh stop being so bloody paranoid and go to sleep,” I softly laughed.

--------------------

“Hey guys, how’d you sleep?” Jamie asked as we walked into the living room the next morning.

“Yeah good thanks, man,” John told him, sitting down on the sofa opposite Jamie. “Me and Tash were talking last night and we were saying how great it would be if us and you and your girlfriend went out for a night out together before the holidays and before Tash goes home?”

Oh god, I thought, what what he doing?

“Um yeah, sounds good, I’ll have to see if she’s free when you’re here,” Jamie told us.

“Hey, well, I’m not on tour at the moment so whenever she’s free, I can make sure I’m here,” John smiled.

“Oh, OK, awesome,” Jamie said, shifting in his seat and suddenly seeming nervous.

After hanging out with Jamie, me and John decided to get out of the apartment for a couple of hours and walk around LA.

“I’m still no completely sure about the girlfriend,” John suddenly blurted out.

“What?”

“I mean, does she actually exist?” he questioned. “Or what does she do that mean she works so often that her boyfriend rarely sees her when they both live in the same city?”

“John will you just cool it?” I said. “Jamie’s a nice guy, stop being so weird.”

“I’m sorry, I guess I’m not used to you living with a guy yet,” he said, kissing my forehead.

“Me neither,” I laughed. “I grew up with two sister and then lived at university with two girls. This whole living with a boy thing is all new to me.”

“I guess it would be like me moving in with a girl when I’ve only ever had my mother around.”

Once we got back to the apartment, Jamie almost jumped on us as we walked through the door.

“Great news,” he said. “I spoke to Alice and she’s going to be in town for our end of year party next week. So I guess the four of us can go together?”

“Huh?” John shrugged, looking confused.

“Oh yeah,” I jumped in. “I forgot to say, our work is having an end of year/Christmas party kinda thing. Fancy going with me?”

“Of course! That’ll be awesome to go all together,” John nodded.

“Excellent, so it’ll be you guys with each other and me with my girlfriend and we’ll all be together,” Jamie said, suddenly sounding anxious.

“Happy now?” I asked John, as I shut the door to my room behind us.

“I don’t trust that guy!” he said, beginning to pace up and down.

“John, seriously?” I said, shifting my weight onto one leg and placing my hand on my hip.

“Tash, how am I supposed to feel comfortable with you living here when we can’t really trust this guy?”

“He’s been fine for the last three weeks,” I told him.

“I know, I guess I’m just protective over you since I’m the closest thing you got to family over here.”

“I know and I love for it,” I said, walking over to him and reaching up to kiss his lips. “But you’re here with me so just forget about it and let’s enjoy each others company,” I continued whilst wrapping my arms around his neck as his went around my waist. “I always feel safe with you around anyway.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

So it's about time I spice things up with this story. It's probably not what is expected either.

This was kinda short, I apologise. It's just to lead onto the next phase though! :)