Status: Active :)

Only In It For A Minute

Some Days

As I started making coffee in the kitchen, I heard someone moving about in he living room. I stuck my head around the door to see Jamie sat down on the couch staring at the blank TV screen.

“You know, it helps if you turn it on,” I joked. Jamie didn’t say anything or even move so I went and sat next to him. “Hey Jamie,” I said, changing my tone, “How you feeling?”

He continued staring at the screen for a minute or so before turning to look at me.

“I don’t know,” he mumbled.

“Did you even sleep at all?” I asked.

“Not really,” he said, flatly.

“Right well, let me get you some coffee,” I said getting up and going back to the kitchen. I poured coffee into three cups and took one back in to Jamie before picking up the other two and taking one through to my bedroom and placing it on the table next to my bed which contained a passed out John.

As I sat back down on the couch next to Jamie, he rubbed his red eyes and looked at me again.

“How did you and John cope when you lived so far apart?” he asked.

“We just always made sure we made the time for each other, whether it was phone calls, web chats, whatever,” I told him.

“Was that enough?” he asked.

“Not really,” I sighed. “I mean sure it was tough, I wish I could have seen him more over those first few months but it wasn’t that easy for us,” I continued. “We both had our own lives that were in completely different countries that we had to fit each other into. I think we just ended up being pretty lucky that I got this job to come over here.”

“So you don’t regret doing the long distance thing?” he asked.

“Well, we sort of still are, just on a slightly smaller scale,” I smiled. “And I guess it’s good that he’s not on the road at the moment so he can come here whenever he wants.”

“Hmm,” he shrugged.

“I get it, Jamie,” I said. “But just go talk to her, I’m sure you can work it out.”

“I don’t know, a lot of stuff was said last night,” he told me.

“Hey babe, thanks for the coffee.” John’s voice said coming from the hallway. “What time did you want to head back to Phoenix later?” he continued as he walked into the living room. “Hey man. how’s it going?” he asked in Jamie’s direction. Jamie just nodded as John took a seat on the armchair.

“I’m going to take a shower,” Jamie said getting up and walking out.

“Wow, was it something I said?” John said, sarcastically.

“He’s just...upset,” I told him. “Speaking of, is it alright if I hang out her for a bit longer today, just to make sure he’s alright? I’m not really happy with leaving him on his own.”

“Sure,” John smiled. “I get you for all the holidays, I guess I can share you for a few more hours!”

-----------

“You guys don’t need to stick around here just because I’m feeling sorry for myself,” Jamie said as the three of us sat watching TV.

“I was just thinking we could watch a move and order some take out for one last time in 2010,” I smiled.

“Sure alright,” Jamie nodded. “That sounds great but Tash, I know you bag is packed and John, I know you want to get back to your family.”

“Of course, I do man,” John said. “But what about you man? Aren’t you going to see yours?”

“I’m heading home tomorrow and don’t try and tell me that you’re going to keep me company until I go because I don’t need it,” he said. “I’m just going to be packing all day so go and get your bags and get in the car and go. You’ve got a long drive ahead of you.”

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright?” I asked.

“Tash, thanks for all the concern but honestly, with or without Alice all I was going to be doing today is packing ready to leave first thing tomorrow,” he told us. “Besides, I’m a 22 year old guy, I’m not exactly going to sit here and cry at chick flick all day and night.”

“Are you-” I began.

“Just go, Tash,” he interrupted.

“But Ja-”

“John will you please take her home and begin enjoying your holidays?” he said, turning away from me.

“What do you say, Tash?” John asked, flashing me his smile he knew I couldn’t deny.

“I guess it’s time we left,” I said. “Plus I do want to see you parents and brothers.”

“Right then, it’s decided,” Jamie said, as John got up, fetched our bags and we finished getting ready to leave.

“Jamie if you need anything, just give me a call, doesn’t matter when it is, just call me.”

“Yes mom,” he joked as we hugged goodbye. “I’ll see you in the new year! Bye guys.”

He waved us off as we walked out of the building.

“Finally, I get you all to myself for a seven hour drive home,” John said, throwing our bags in the back of his truck and getting in the drivers seat.

“I am so ready to start relaxing,” I laughed as we began to drive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Kinda a boring chapter. I did however accidentally update the wrong chapter just now and posted the next chapter instead. Whoops.