Status: Active :)

Only In It For A Minute

When You See My Friends

“So you haven’t replaced us yet then?” Lucy asked as we walked along the streets of Phoenix. I’d left John with his family for the afternoon so I could spend some time with my best friends. It had been almost six weeks since I last saw them and thanks to work and the eight hour time difference, there wasn’t really much time to even video chat with them.

We’d spent the last few days in Phoenix but it was nearly time for me to go back to Los Angeles. The girls were coming with me for a a few more days, however John was staying here.

Over the next couple of hours, Lizzie, Lucy and I packed up our bags and John drove us to the airport.

“Thank you for the past couple of weeks,” I said to John as we walked into the terminal. “And thank you so much for my surprise,” I smiled, nodding my head towards the girls.

“No problem, it’s been worth it to see the three of you causing trouble together again,” he laughed. “I’ll come visit you soon, alright?”

“OK, I’ll miss you,” I said, reaching up to kiss his lips.

“Let me know when you land,” he called, as I walked over to my two friends.

“That was quick,” Lizzie commented.

“Goodbye’s aren’t so hard when he only in the next state and we get to see each other every week,” I shrugged. “I still miss him when we’re apart though.”

Once we’d checked in, we walked through to the departure lounge and all took seats while we waited for the flight to be called.

“Hey guys, the last time we were all waiting like this together, we were heading home at the end of our summer,” Lucy said.

“Feels so long ago now,” Lizzie nodded. “And so much has changed.”

“Yeah but at the same time, nothing has really,” I said. “I mean, just look at us.”

After a while, our flight was called and before we knew it, we were landed, collecting our luggage and in a taxi to my apartment.

“This is where you live?!” Lizzie asked, sounding stunned as she looked out of the cab window.

“Er, yeah...I did send you photos,” I said.

“I know, but everything looks better in real life,” Lizzie grinned. “Besides, this is Hollywood!”

“I know, I live here,” I laughed.

“And you live here!” she said, excitedly.

“Is she drunk?” I asked, turning to Lucy.

“I have no idea,” Lucy answered. “But she’s been dying to visit since the minute you left.”

“Really? God, you guys should have come over before,” I sighed.

“We wanted to wait until you got settled,” Lucy told me.

“And until you had met some hot guys for us to fall in love with,” Lizzie joined in. At that point, we pulled up outside my apartment block and got out of the cab. AS we entered the building, Lizzie turned back to me. “So do you know any?”

“Any what?”

“Hot guys!” Lizzie urged.

“Not really,” I told her. “Although, the guy I share my apartment with, Jamie, you’ll probably think he’s cute but just a warning, his girlfriend just broke up with before Christmas.”

“Aw, poor guy,” they both chimed.

I put the key into the door to my flat and let us in. Standing my suitcase up outside my bedroom, I began to walk further in to the apartment.

“Jamie?” I called. “Jamie, I’m back!”

“Tash?” he said, walking out from the kitchen. “It’s so good to see you!: he broke into a smile as he walked over.

“It’s good to see you too,” I said. “Here, I’ve got some people for you to meet,” I told him as I pulled out of our hug. Lizzie and Lucy were stood awkwardly behind me so I moved to one side to introduce them. “This is Lizzie and Lucy, my best friends, guys, this is Jamie, my flatmate and work collegue.”

“Nice to finally meet you,” Lucy said as hey each hugged him.

Once we’d all settled down, the four of us sat down in the living room as me and Jamie caught up on the holidays.

“So you’re probably wondering what these guys are doing here?” I began, to which Jamie nodded. “John organised it for me as a surprise! Isn’t that sweet of him?”

“Yeah that is,” Jamie said, the smile dropping from his face.

“They’re going to be staying with us for a few days, is that alright?” I checked.

“Of course! We’re all friend here,” the smile coming back to his face as he spoke.

“I know we got back to work in a couple of days but i figured they be alright to entertain themselves while we’re there.” I explained.

“We sure can,” Lizzie said.

“So have you heard from Alice at all?” I asked, finally after ignoring the elephant in the room.

“Not once and honestly I hope I don’t,” he sighed. “Sure I loved her, but sometimes I just felt like she never anything back.”

“It always suck when a relationship ends though,” Lucy commented.

“I’ll get over it, going home and seeing my family definitely helped,” he nodded.

“It’s getting kinda late and I’m still sort of on UK time, do you mind if I head to bed?”

“Of course not,” I said standing up. “You two can take my bed, I’ll sleep on the couch while you’re here.”

“You sure?” Lizzie asked as we walked out of the room.

“Don’t be stupid,” Jamie answered. “One of you can take my bed and I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“You don’t have to do that, they’re my friends!”

“And I’m a gentleman, so I’m offering,” he smiled.

With me and my friends in my room, Lizzie and Lucy began pulling clothes from their suitcases.

“Jamie seems night,” Lucy said and Lizzie agreed.

“I’m glad you think so, John thinks there’s something weird about him,” I said quietly.

“Really? Like what?” Lucy asked.

“I don’t know, I don’t think John even knows really,” I sighed.

It was decided that Lucy was going to share my bed tonight and then they’d swap tomorrow. We all said goodnight to each other, including Jamie and climbed into bed after had felt like a very long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Sorry for the boring chapter but I just needed to have a lead up to the next chapter. And it was either one super long chapter or 2 shorter ones, one which is kinda boring, like this.

So anyway, something kinda big happens in the next chapter, hopefully I'll post it before the end of the weekend!