The Golden Quartet: Year 2

Please Go Read The Journal I Posted

A/N: I hope you went and read the journal or else you might be slightly to very confused when you read this.

~~~

Astrid wasn’t surprised to find that in her second year at Hogwarts that her and her friends broke several severe rules. Barely upon arrival Harry and Ron had almost been expelled for missing the Hogwarts Express and coming to Hogwarts in Ron’s father’s flying car.

Astrid Saw Harry and Ron missing the train and arriving by flying car and that was the only vision she had that year.

Astrid was very surprised though when Harry had started speaking Parseltongue.

Not surprisingly, Astrid and Hermione had continued to bump heads.

“There aren’t any voices, Harry,” Hermione would say when Harry told his friends he was hearing an odd voice coming from the walls.

“All because you can’t hear them, Hermione, it doesn’t mean there aren’t any.” Astrid said in Harry’s defense earning a sour look from Hermione.

But later, when a certain arrogant prat, more commonly known as Draco Malfoy, called Hermione a ‘filthy mudblood’, this time Astrid stood up for her, earning Malfoy a kick between the legs, a bruised eye and more hair to be torn out.

One by one, attacks started happening and the Golden Quartet started to investigate which earned them a scolding from Athena.

“Oh, will you just leave this alone? You four aren’t Aurors – you’re students! You all just got lucky last year, but this monster – whatever it is –is dangerous, so leave it!” Athena said with her hands on her hips.

“You’re just jealous because you’re sister isn’t afraid to break the rules.” Fred said, and then sent Astrid a wink. Athena fumed, punched Fred in the arm which made him wince and have a large bruise.

But they couldn’t and wouldn’t give up, especially now that Hermione’s Polyjuice potion was done. Astrid had the pleasure of getting into a fight with Pansy Parkinson, tearing out several pieces of her hair, shouting, “NOW YOU MATCH YOUR BOYFRIEND!” But Astrid found no pleasure in transforming into her and being forced to pretend to not only like Malfoy, but like-like Malfoy.

They had all just taken the Polyjuice potion, to be revealed later, Hermione could not join them.

“Excuse me.” The three of them jumped when they heard a voice in the hall as they searched for the Slytherin common room.

Ron – well… Crabbe – looked at his brother Percy, “What are you doing down here?”

Percy’s nostrils flared, “I happen to be a school prefect. You on the other hand have no business wandering the corridors at this time of night. What are your names again?”

All three of them exchanged glances, “Um, I’m Pansy Parkinson – you can go ahead and take away as many points from our house as you want – we deserve it!”

“Crabbe, Goyle!” They all jumped when they heard Malfoy’s voice from behind them. “Pansy? What have you three been up to?” he raised an eyebrow.

Harry and Ron looked at Astrid and nudged their heads at Malfoy. Astrid inwardly gagged, then plastered on a fake, sweet smile, “Looking for you of course.”

Draco nodded as if in approval, then did a double take of Harry, or ‘Goyle’. “Why are you wearing glasses?”

Harry blinked and took off the glasses, “Ah, um, I was… reading.”

Draco raised an eyebrow, “Reading?”

“Uh-huh.” Said Harry.

“I didn’t know you could read.” Malfoy looked momentarily impressed before he turned to Percy with a scowl, “And what are you doing down here, Weasley?”

“Mind your attitude, Malfoy.” Percy sneered.

The whole time they were with him, Astrid was forced to smile sweetly and agree with every word that came out of Draco’s mouth. Later that night Astrid brushed her teeth for an hour, but not before getting a good laugh at Hermione who had accidentally turned herself into some mixture of a cat.

But if Astrid had known Hermione was the next victim to be petrified by the monster, Astrid wouldn’t have laughed, but had been with Hermione every second to fight off the beast herself.

Astrid barely left Hermione’s side and seemed more determined than ever when it came to finding the monster. A few days later, Astrid was sitting by Hermione, while Ron and Harry went to go talk to Hagrid about the Chamber of Secrets, and found a piece of paper in Hermione’s hand. The paper had been torn out of a book and the page was about a creator known as a Basilisk and apparently it was getting around through the pipes.

Astrid immediately ran to Hagrid’s hut but found it to be empty. But out of the darkness of the forest came Harry, Ron, and Fang in Mr. Weasley’s flying car.

They all exchanged the new found information they had all found out.

Running back into the castle they stumbled upon a few teachers who announced that Ginny Weasley had been taken by the monster. In blood, was a message, Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever.

“Don’t worry, Ron, I promise you, it’ll be the monster’s skeleton that lies in the Chamber forever.” Astrid swore.

And Astrid kept her promise. They had found out Lockhart was a fraud – Astrid was not surprised – and was able to get into the Chamber, but do to Ron’s broken wand and Lockhart’s stupidity, he erased his own memory. It won’t be missed.

But because of the backfiring spell it had caused parts of the roof in the tunnel to collapse and separated Harry from his friends and Lockhart and was forced to go on a head while Ron and Astrid stayed behind to clear the rocks.

“Ug – what are we, Muggles?!” Astrid growled in annoyance and then whipped out
her wand and pointed it at the blockade.

‘No!’ Astrid’s eyes widened at a small voice in the back of her head, ‘A blast was what got you into this mess in the first place!’ Astrid frowned and lowered her wand.

“What is it?” Ron asked, waiting for her to blast the rocks away.

“I think Hermione awoke my voice of reason. Curses!” Astrid scowled and put her wand away.

After a few more minutes of mandatory muggle digging, a phoenix, known as Fawkes, flew through a hole they had dug out from on top of the pile of rocks.

“It was carrying something, Astrid!” Ron said, watching as the phoenix disappeared down the tunnel.

“I think it went to go help Harry. Come on – we’ve got to clear out these rocks!”

So Ron and Astrid cleared out the rocks in the nick-of-time, just as the phoenix flew back carrying Harry and Ginny.

“Grab hold!” Harry outstretched a leg, which Astrid grabbed hold of, the Ron grabbed Lockhart and onto Astrid’s leg and they flew out of the chamber.

“Amazing!” Lockhart exclaimed looking quite misty-eyed, “this is just like magic!”

Astrid looked down at him like he was mental – which he turned out to be. He was checked into St. Mungos.

They found out it Dobby belonged to the Malfoy family and through some clever thinking on Harry’s part he was able to trick Lucius Malfoy into freeing Dobby and they also found out from Harry that Lucius was the one who snuck Tom Riddle’s diary into Ginny’s cauldron.

Madam Pomfrey was able to cure everyone from being petrified and Hagrid was released from Azkaban. Astrid had to refrain herself from asking if he heard anything from her father, which she found to be harder than she thought.

Another year had ended for the Golden Quartet. Astrid was actually ready to have a normal school year where her and her friends lives weren’t in danger, but alas…
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who's back, back back, back again again again, Sirius is back back back tell a friend friend friend!!
WWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, next chapter should be posted this week sometime!!