Sequel: Back to Black

Falling Inside the Black

1

Ella Scott/Black
Ella at Hogwarts
Ella now

Sirius Black
Sirius at Hogwarts

A grey dreary sky hung low in the morning sky warning of a rain in the near future. I sat on the bed in the guest room watching as my friend of many years packed his trunk full of belongings.

“It’s going to be lonely without you here Remus….” I spoke softly standing up to help him fold his clothes.

“I know Ella, but Dumbledore needs me and I’ll only be an owl away. I’m sure Dumbledore will let you visit as well.” Remus assured me.
“You’ll probably get to see Harry” I spoke turning my back to him to collect more clothes from his dresser.

“Yes. I believe I’m teaching him actually.”

“You’ll have to write me. Everyday. Tell me everything. If he still looks like James? If he’s tall? Everything . ” I smiled slightly as I handed him a new stack of folded shirts.

“I will.” He smiled back hugging me.
The day dragged on and finally we had Remus packed and ready. After cleaning up after dinner Remus went and sat in the den listening to the radio while I made tea. Taking out my wand I waved it around and prepared the tray with the two cups, cream, sugar, and the kettle. Humming softly to the tune of the storm outside as I did so. Walking into the den I fixed Remus his tea and mine as the thunder cracked outside. The radio went from playing music to a broadcaster as I stood up cradling my cup in my hands relishing the warmth it produced .

“Breaking news through the wizarding world! Murder Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban…….”

My heart stopped at that one sentence. I felt the strength in my hands give way and my tea cup crashed to the wooden floor breaking into pieces. Remus quickly jumped into action and wrapped his arms around me as I fell to the floor. Tears formed in my eyes and my breath came in short gasps. Remus called out my name but they sounded as if they were coming from the end of a long tunnel. Muffled and faint. Old memories I would rather forget than remember passed in front of my open eyes. I clutched to Remus’ shirt sleeve and gasped for air to relieve my choking lungs.

“No…” I whispered tears streaming down my face clawing at the long strands and pulling handfuls into my fist.

“No!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A loud train whistle brought me back to reality as I stood on the crowded platform. The gleaming Hogwarts’ express before me. A small smile graced my lips as I pictured myself and the marauders running up and down this platform years ago always racing for the two window seats.

“Brings back memories doesn’t it Moony?” I asked as I stood beside him gently touching the locket that graced my neck smiling softly at memories.

“Yes. Yes It does Snow.” He grinned at me swinging an arm around my shoulders and pulling me to his side. He lifted his wand and muttered a few words before following me aboard the train his luggage floating behind us.

We reached an empty compartment and I slide the door open as Remus adjusted his trunk in the luggage rack above his seat.

“So I guess this is goodbye” I muttered.

“Yes. I suppose it is. But hey-“ he spoke softly cupping a finger under my jaw to meet my gaze with his. “chin up. I’ll make sure to see you soon. Send Augustine tonight and I’ll write you back as soon as possible.”

“I will. Goodbye Moony.” I hugged him tightly being careful not to touch his still healing wounds. A couple nights ago was a full moon and Remus was still weak do to the fact. His arms wrapped around me tightly in response.

“Its only goodbye for a little while.” He whispered almost sadly. “Are you sure you’re going to be alright? I mean with the Padfoot thing and all?” He murmured into my hair. I nodded and fixed his shirt where I had wrinkled it slightly from my tight embrace. “ Yes. I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me. Why don’t you get some rest, aye?” I tried to force a smile. He nodded and got settled beside the window. I kissed his cheek and walked to the door of the compartment taking one more look at him before sliding the glass door shut behind me. I walked down the isle’s hugging my trench coat tighter to me as boys and girls of every age pushed past me trying to find an empty seat. I finally stepped off the train and on to the still crowded platform. I continued to walk toward the charmed brick wall when I got the feeling to turn around. Trusting my instincts I turned and my eyes fell upon a boy. His hair was black and long almost covering his familiar sparkling green eyes that were framed with circular rimmed glasses.

James Potter.

But I knew better than that. The green eyes were from his mother and my good friend Lilly Evans not from James. So that left only one resolution. It was Harry. Their son. My godson. He was walking with a boy and girl his age. The boy had fiery red hair and tattered clothes and the girl had shoulder length curly brown hair. I refrained myself from running up and hugging Harry. He would think I was some kind of loony. So I just stared. Keeping my distance. Harry stopped as he stepped onto the train and looked back meeting my gaze. He stared at me just as I stared at him. I gave him a soft smile before walking through the charmed wall and back into the muggle world……….
♠ ♠ ♠
outfits
Let me know what you think...
COMMENTS=CHAPTERS!!!