Sequel: Back to Black

Falling Inside the Black

4

The echo of my footsteps sounded against the stone walls as I walked towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts class room. Inhaling a deep breath I turned the knob and stepped inside. The desks were lined up neatly with a large oak desk in the very front. Streams of sunlight shown through the open windows as the early morning larks sang happily. Just then did I notice the hunched over figure opening bags quickly collecting items to place inside.

“Remus” my voice called out softly. The figure immediately stopped his actions and cautiously turned to look at me from over his shoulders stray hairs falling in front of his frantic eyes. The items he held in his hand crashed down to the desk below him as he quickly ran over and scooped me in his arms.

“Ella. Oh! Ella! Thank God I was so worried about you. I was just about to pack a bag to check on you.” He replied pulling away to hold me at arm’s length. “Not one moment went by I didn’t think about you.” His hand gently reached up to stroke my hair affectionately. “How long have you been here?”

“I got in just last night. I talked with Dumbledore”

“Oh? And what did he say?”

“He said mine and Sirius’ story is not yet over”

“hmm” Remus nodded “that might be true I don’t know if it would be for the better though. But never mind that…..You’re here and you’re safe that’s all that matters to me. When McGonagall told me what had happened I couldn’t think straight” Remus told me stepping closer and cupping my face “all I could think about was if you were safe or not and what I would do to Black if something had happened to you.”

“I’m fine Remus no need to worry” I assured him…..

“I can’t help but worry over things that mean the most to me….”

In a soft motion he brought his lips down to mine in a gentle kiss. I was shocked at first this being the first kiss I had had in many years. My hands gently slid up his arms and to his neck as I slowly began to kiss back. His thumb gently traced my cheek lovingly. The kiss continued simple and sweet with simple caresses nothing too erotic. Our lips mingling with one another made me feel like a real woman again no man had laid an affectionate hand on me since Sirius was sent away. The knocking at the door and creak of it opening caused Remus to cut the kiss short but keep his arms around me and mine him.

“Oh! I’m sorry professor…..Am I interrupting?” I looked over my shoulder to see the mess of black hair and dazzling green eyes framed with circular framed glasses. Harry…

“Ye-“ I cut Remus off. “No! No! Nothing at all we were just finishing our talk.” I assured the teen boy pulling my arms away from around Remus.

Remus cleared his throat and ran a hand through his disheveled hair. “Um Harry meet my friend Ella Scott. Ella this is Harry. Lilly and James’ son.”

He stuck a hand out to me which hurt me slightly. I wanted to scoop him up in a hug, but knew I couldn’t. A lot of explaining would have to be done before I could go there.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Harry” I took his hand giving him a warm smile.

“you too” he returned the smile.

~~~Remus and Harry~~~

The chilly wind blew around Remus’ thinning hair as he leaned against the rail of the bridge, still slightly irritated and irked that Harry had interrupted the moment between Ella and himself only moments before..

“Professor” Harry spoke” can I ask you something?”

“You want to know who that woman was don’t you?” Remus replied staring off into the black lake as Harry walked up to him from behind.

“Well yes that and…” Harry paused “ why you stopped me from facing that boggart?”

“Isn’t it obvious I assumed that the boggart would take the shape of Lord Voldemort..”

“I did think of Voldemort at first…but then I remembered that night on the train. The dementor”

“Ah, I’m very impressed it seems the only thing you fear is fear itself this is very wise.”

“Before I fainted I heard something. Well, a woman…screaming.”

“Dementors force us to relive our very worst memories. Our pain becomes their power.”

“I think it was my mother. The night she was murdered.”

“You know the very first time I saw you Harry I knew exactly who you were… Not by your scar but your eyes. Lilly’s eyes. Which brings me back to that woman you saw in my office today. Her name is Ella Scott her and your mother were best friends from the first day on the train. Both so close they were almost like sisters even that relation does not come close to describing their closeness. It was almost as if they were one just living in separate bodies. Lilly and Ella were there for me at a time when no one else was. Both exceptionally gifted witches and both sharing a gift of most uncommonly kindness and to see the beauty in others most especially at times when that person could not see it themselves. Ella was also a distant cousin of your father’s who as I’m sure you know he ha shall I say had a talent for trouble that Ella was always having to dig him out of. A talent rumor has it he has passed down to you.”

A sly grin passed over Harry’s face “Did she ever marry? Ella I mean?”

Remus took a deep sigh “ Yes she did. But to whom I would rather keep her business.” Harry nodded understandingly looking down below the bridge. “You’re more alike them than you know, your parents. Time will come to see just how much…
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit
Short I know but please comment and Ill add another chapter soon!!