Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

First day of fourth year

I sighed as I put the finishing touches on my makeup,my green eyes were framed wit black eyeliner and and dark grayish black eyeshadow.My dark brown,almost black wavy hair cascaded down my pale shoulders as I put on my black and white converse.I was meeting my best friend, Kris in Diagon Alley to go school shopping."Faith! I'm here!" Kris yelled from downstairs,I smiled and put on some chapstick and grabbed my bag."Ready girly?" Kris asked from my doorway where she was making a ridiculas pose with her jacker over her shoulder,bag in the other hand and leaning on the doorframe."Lets go Kris." I said grabbing her hand and going to the fireplace,grabbing the floo powder I got in and threw the powder on the floor saying Diagon Alley loudly.I started to spin and then I was spit out into a fireplace in a store,Kris followed and we dusted outselves off before going out into the world.

After getting everything we needed we stopped and got some candy from a small shop,we went and sat on a bench near the ice cream shop."I love chocolate frogs!" Kris said biting into another chocolate frog, "Easy there girl,give the frog a chance!" I said and she stuck her tongue out at me and ate the rest of the frog.We heard some people abnoxiously laughing and we turned to see Malfoy and his posse making fun of a fellow Hogwarts student from Hufflepuff,I scuffed and turned away."Why're they so mean?" Kris asked when she turned back, "Cause they're Slytherins,Kris." I said eating a piece of a cauldron cake, "Yes,but you're a Slytherin too.I admit you have a temper but you don't make fun of people unless they deserve it." Kris said looking at me, "You're right.And Malfoy is a snob pureblood who only picks on the weak." I said eating an every flavor bean that tasted like coffee."Fine." she said eating the rest of my cauldron cake, I poked her stomach and frowned.Soon we went back home and she slept over so we could go to the train together tomarrow.

The next day we got up early,I put on my outfit and put on black smokey eyeshadow,blackeyeliner and chapstick.Once we were all ready my parents took us to the station and onto the platform, "By mom,dad." I said hugging them both, "By honey,please work hard." my mom said smiling and my dad smirked "yea and don't get in trouble." he said fist bumping me,I smiled and nodded.Then we went on the train,we found an empty compartment and sat down and closed the door."So hows your crush on Cedric?" I asked and her eyes widened and she hit my leg, "Faith,shut up he could pass by and hear us." she said and I put my hands up, "I apologize you don't actually tell him you practically love him." I said moving my legs from her seat before she could hit them.Kris was sitting across from me and we both had our legs reached out onto the others chair."When are you gunna tell Draco you like him?" Kris asked and I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "youu know I hate his fucking guts Kris." I said with all the seriousness in my voice,she rolled her eyes and kept quiet knowing I'd just get mad at her if she pushed further.We stayed in our compartment and just talked until we were close to Hogwarts and had to change into our uniforms,I adjusted the usual green and silver stripped tie and walked out of the bathroom with Kris."Oh looky here boys,it's the misfits." a smooth voice said and I turned to see Malfoy."Sod off, Malfoy." I said grabbing Kris's arm and walking us away,I could tell Malfoy was irritated that I didn't stay long enough for him to say something back but I just brushed it off my shoulder.We finally made it to Hogwarts and once inside Kris and I seperated to our house tables,I always sat closest to the teachers so no students would bother me.Once all the first years were in Professor McGonagall put the Sorting Hat on the stool and it sang its song,once that was done the sorting started.Once finished Dumbledore said his usual speech and then something new came up, apparently the Triwizard Tournament was happening this year but only the 7th years can go because of the danger it posses.The cieling started to freak out as the thunderclapped,then in walked our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher,he fixed the cieling and as everything calmed down he eyeballed everyone and went to his seat.After the feast,I saw Kris and she smiled at me and I half smiled as I followed the other Slytherins,once we were in the dungeons I went down the familiar path and down the stairs to a blank wall,the password was said and we went in.I walked into the cold common room,it was always cold down here,supposedly we are under the Black Lake but I don't know about that."Hello,Milday." The Bloody Baron said in front of me as he chilled the air, "Hello, Baron." I said with a smile which he returned.The Bloody Baron was my company in the common room seeing as how the others won't let Kris in here."How was your summer Miss.Blanchard?" he asked and I smiled a little more, "it was good,yours?" I asked and he nodded, "As usual,reliving my glory days and of course keeping an eye on Peeves." he said and I nodded,The Baron was the only person Peeves the poltergeist would listen too."Well I'll be off to bed,class starts tomarrow." I said and he nodded taking off his hat as the long feather on it flew around,he bent low and smiled "Goodnight,Milday." he said and I smiled and courtseyed, "Goodnight,Baron." I said walking past him and up the dormitry stairs and to my room.I roomed with two Slytherin girls I didn't know,I changed and then went to bed dreading classes tomarrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Faith and Kris's outfits for Hogwarts Express- http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=34271437