Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

Going Back to Hogwarts

After Faith saved me from utter death I realized that even though Cedric is dead, I do have something to love for. Faith is right to say I still have my family; she is also too good of a friend to say good-bye to. I slowly recover myself over the next few months. When I get my letter to return to Hogwarts I packed my stuff and told my parents I’ll meet Faith at the Leaky Cauldron. I wanted to get out of the house as quickly as possible.

I got a room at the Leaky Cauldron and guess who was sitting right on the bed? Faith, that’s who! “HEY,” I said.

“Hey!” She replied.

“Wanna go get our books tomorrow?”

“Sure. How are you feeling?”

“I’ve been better; I’m slowly living each day.”

“That’s good! So…”

“Have you and Draco kissed yet?” I put on a sly smile. Faith grabbed the pillow next to her and said, “Shut up!” We then proceeded into a pillow fight that lasted for hours, well, until we were both out of breath, which came really quickly. “We need to work out more,” I said.

“No shit Sherlock!” Faith said to me.

“But seriously…you and Draco. When are you two going to confess your dying love for each other?”

“Ummmm…….. I don’t know.”

“Well, I’m gonna go to sleep now see you in the morning!” I went to put on my PJ’s and crawled into bed. Tomorrow we will be shopping for books, new robes and maybe some sweets to help me get better.

Diagon Alley is pretty crowded. People rushing to get to different stores to get their shopping done early, many people wander the street not knowing what to get. Faith and I went to Amanuensis Quills to get more ink bottles and extra supply of quills, we also stopped in Madame Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions to get our new robes fitted. We finally stopped at Florean Fortecue’s Ice Cream Parlor for a snack (like I said, we really need to work out more). We bought all of our books at Flourish and Blotts, we then went into Scribbulus Writing Instruments to get more parchment, on cannot have too much parchment. Our last
stop was at Sluggs and Jiggers Apothecary for the items we would need for potions class.

“Did you have to buy sooo much parchment, Kris?” Faith asked.

“Yes, yes I did,” I replied.

“Why?”

“Cause, I have a feeling we’ll get tons of essays to write.”

“How’s your head? Aren’t you going nuts in a crowded place like this?”

“No, after Snape taught me how to keep a wall up in my mind I keep it up. Which is the reason why I gained weight, it takes up so much energy that I’m constantly eating.”

“You gained weight? Where? I don’t see it.”

“Really? You haven’t noticed? Cool!”

“Wanna head back to the Leaky Cauldron? It’s been a long day and we have a train to catch in the morning.”

“Sure let’s go.” We walked back all the way to the Leaky Cauldron, it wasn’t a far walk it’s just a lot of the bags are weighing me down. We made it to our room and as soon as I hit the bed I am out like a light.
***********************************************************
*On the train to Hogwarts*

Well, Faith fell asleep. She told me a few minutes before that she hardly got any time to because every time she closed her eyes she would have nightmares. I hope she’s fine now. We just pulled out of Kings Cross Station and she fell asleep. Oh, well. No candy for her! But I wish there were someone here to talk to.

I was lost in my thoughts for so long I didn’t hear the compartment door open. Draco Malfoy was sitting right across from me next to a sleeping Faith. “What do you want Malfoy?” I asked.

“I wanted to know how you were doing. And ask if I could sit here with you guys, Crabbe and Goyle forgot to save me a seat, those idiots!” He said.

“Sure you can sit there. And why are you interested if I’m okay?”

“Well, with Cedric gone, I figured you took that really hard and thought you could use another friend.”

“When did you get do nice?”

“A person can change can’t they?”

“I guess they can and you’re proof it’s true, I guess.” I saw him looking at Faith, his face was really calm.

“What are you staring at?”

“I’m staring at you staring at Faith.”

“I’m not staring at her! I’m staring at her shirt! What the hell is on it?”

“A cat.”

“Well it’s weird…”

“I know…”

“Can I tell you a secret?”

“Sure, what do you want to tell me?”

“Ummm….read my thoughts, I don’t want Faith to know.” I let go of the shield I had put up for protection, it’s a relief to have it down.

“Okay, ready?” I ask.

“Yeah.” I then entered inside the mind of Draco Malfoy. The secret is: “I’m in love with your friend Faith.” He thought and I put back up the barrier.

“When did you figure this out?” I asked.

“Well, I thought about it after the Yule Ball and mostly over the summer break.”

“I think you two would make a lovely couple! You’re both Slytherins so you’ll get to see each other every day and we’re all in the same year! But remember, if you dare hurt her I will make you regret it.”

“I don’t plan on hurting her. And I don’t doubt you’ll keep an eye on us.”

“Oh, so very true. And I can have eyes everywhere.”

“How would you do that?”

“I have my ways…”

“I’m scared to find out your ways.”

“Good! I’ve done my job. So when do you think you’re going to ask her?”

“I don’t know, maybe the second week of school.”

“Cool sounds good.” I began to see that Faith is waking up. I kicked Draco in the leg and he looked at Faith and knew to shut up. We were nearing Hogwarts so we got up to put our robes on.

The Great Hall was packed with people, everyone was sorted and Dumbledore gave his speech like he does every year. Same things in the speech: what places are not permitted for first years, the new Defense Against the Dar Arts teacher is now Delores Umbirdge and the usual stuff like that. Looking at Umbridge makes me cringe; I get a vibe that says bad things, very bad things.

Up in the Ravenclaw tower things haven’t changed. The cliques are the same and everyone has the same attitude. It’s starting to get really boring…I’m gonna go to sleep, big day of classes tomorrow, very big day.
♠ ♠ ♠
The outfits for when they are in Diagon Alley:
http://www.polyvore.com/diagon_alley/set?id=34927959

The outfits for when they are on the train:
http://www.polyvore.com/train_to_hogwarts/set?id=34931377

Draco on the Train:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=34933715