Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

First Day of the Fourth Year (Kris)

Hey, my name is Kris Hale! Currently I am with my best friend, Faith, on the train headed to Hogwarts. I am in Ravenclaw and Faith is in Slytherin... We know, it's a very weird friendship. But we became fast friends even before we started going to Hogwarts. Also, we are sort of like outlaws in school. Not only are we wizards but Faith and I each have a special gift. I am a telepath and Faith is psychic. People just stay away from us when they heard we have found out about our powers. I accidently said something that someone else was thinking and that was not a very wise decision, apparently what came out of my mouth was a rumor no one wanted out in the open...Faith on the other hand had a vision in the middle of class and spoke of what she saw and several minutes later it happened.

Faith and I just manage to make it out of the train's bathroom when we hear Draco Malfoy say, "Oh looky here boys, it's the misfits." Now remember I can read minds and Malfoy's mind is not the mind you want to stop and frolic in. Next thing I know Faith grabs my arm and drags me off to the compartment.

I know she likes Draco and she knows that I like Cedric. We never get under each others skin about boys, we always knew what it would lead to. We also promised that I would stay out of her mind. Because I have had my ability for some time now I have been having lessons with Professor Snape in trying to control my mind. Weeks upon weeks of training and it is still the hardest thing to do, but when it comes to my best friend I make sure I keep my promise and put more effort into what I've learned from Snape. As my friend she deserves her privacy, everyone else...well they're fair game. But I just wonder sometimes what she sees in Draco.

*fast forward to Hogwarts*

The first day for the 1st years is the worst. They always ask questions like: Why am I put into this house? Can I be with my friends? I mean yes it does get annoying and they're 11, but seriously! This happens every year. And I always sit in the front closest to the teachers just so I don't get tormented like I always do, and every year kids ask me as they walk by me when they take their seats, is my house really bad? All I do is not answer, because I don't know the answer. I guess they have to find out on their own. Snape keeps an extra close eye on me...my gift has gone crazy sometimes. Sometimes it gets so bad that almost the entire student body's minds are in my head. Not a fun feeling. Oh and because of the private lessons Snape gives me he lets me and Faith hang out during potions, I know he knows that Faith is psychic. We went up together to tell him we can't handle out gifts. Well, that took a while because well I was scared shitless in the first place but Professor Flitwick told me to go with Faith to talk to Snape. I thank him for that! Other than having a teacher keep an eye on you for the entire period of time we are in the Great Hall, it gets lonely at my table. I don't talk to anyone, so I stay silent.

As the Ravenclaws get up to go to the dormitories the familiar path welcomes me with every step I take. I dorm with a couple of girls I swear I have never seen before but they say that we are in the same year. I bet Faith had a better night than I did. I'm too shy to make friends with my house, so I usually keep to myself. Well, let's see how tomorrow goes.