Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

Lessons and Frustrations

I got up early as usual. Peoples dreams started flooding into my mind, only recently has this started happening. It's gotten worse, much worse. I'll tell Snape when I have potions. I got dressed, ignored everyone's thoughts and went down to the Great Hall. Faith walks in grumpily, she's NOT a morning person. We start to talk when Cedric Diggory walk by and says, "Hello ladies." I stopped frozen looking into his eyes. I didn't know he was waiting for an answer until Faith nearly punched me. "Hi Cedric," I said. I went back to look into his eyes and kept staring until he walked away. After a few minutes Faith got up and walked to the Slytherin table, I was now alone. Breakfast went by slowly. I met Faith in the doorway of the Great Hall and we went off to potions.

I always hated the walk down because it was so dark. Faith usually guided me. It's too dark for me to see. We walked into the potions classroom and were assigned to sit in the front. Snape gave us our assignment and we got to work. Snape walked over to my desk and asked, "How's your head?"
"It hurts more than before," I replied.
"I believe it's progressing. You will need to see me once a week every week starting tonight," Snape stated,
"Yes, sir," I replied. I then turn to see that Faith was done with the assignment, so I just sit around waiting to be dismissed. While waiting I took out my schedule to see what I had next. I have herbology with Hufflepuffs. It's a shame I'm not several years older, then that would mean Cedric would be in my class.

We're dismissed from potions and I walk to the herbology tents. I paid absolute no attention to the lesson. I really never pay attention. But when it comes to tests, I have been sworn to use everything in my power to restraint myself from seeing into the minds of others. And sadly enough, EVERY teacher made me swear to this. But, as a Ravenclaw I still get high grades.

Herbology drags on...it seems like hours. We just went on and on about safety procedures. They do this every year. It gets boring after several years. We were dismissed before I could even put my head down onto the desk. I grab my stuff and walk to charms. I have charms with Gryffindors, this dhould be a fun class, hopefully. I get to the charms classroom and immediately sit in the back. We just went over spells and charms we learned in the past several years. We were dismissed in what seemed like ages, but it eventually happens. I head off to the divination tower to meet up with Faith.

"Hey," I say.

"Let's go see the fake bitch," Faith says happily. With that we went into the divination tower and took out seats. Our assignment was palm reading. Faith grabbed my hand and read it. I then grabbed hers and read it. We made fun of the whole thing 'cause we knew it was all fake. We were dismissed and walked down to lunch. Lunch went by slowly, but afterward I went to the transfiguration classroom. I'm usually not bored in this class, but on the first day everything is boring. After being dismissed I quickly meet up with Faith at care of magical creatures down at Hagrid's hut. I still didn't pay attention. We then walked to defense against the dark arts. I, of course, didn't pay attention. I just know that we shouldn't have learned what those hexes were. After dinner Faith and I met up in the astronomy tower and just talked about the day. I had to leave to meet Snape for my lesson.

I walked to the potions classroom and saw Snape sitting behind his desk.
"Sit," he said pointing to the chair in front of him. "So your mind feels the need to progress. Soon enough you will not be thinking on your own. Your dreams will not be your own. Nothing will be yours. It will soon act as if it were a very addictive drug. The next thing you know you will have the need to read the minds of others. Do you want this to happen?" Snape asked.
"No, sir," I replied, my voice kind of shaky.
"We will run excersizes tomorrow. Return here tomorrow at the same time as tonight."
"But Professor I thought you said once a week."
"Something tells me that your dreams are not your own, now be gone."

I left after he said that. I walked all the way to the Ravenclaw tower. I stopped in front of the door the eagle knocker asked, "Which came first the pheonix or the flame?" This was too easy.
"A circle has no beginning," I replied. The door opened and I walked in and went straight to my bed and fell asleep scared for what is to come.