Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

The Second Task.

Tonight is the Yule Ball,I just finished getting ready in my room.I had no date because well, nobody wanted to go with me.I don't really care,I'm not one of those people who cries about it.Kris is going with Cedric so I'm going to see her enter with him looking all amazing.I fluffed my hair once and left my room to go down to the Great Hall.When I got there I saw Kris who waved at me and I waved back,once everyone was inside I sat near the back and watched as the Champians started to dance with their dates.Soon everyone started to dance,but me of course.Soon a wizard band came on and I just sat there and sipped my pumpkin juice.A slow song came on and I saw people leave the floor and I spotted Kris who was blushing madly,I chuckled while Cedric whispered something to her, "Care to dance?" I heard a smooth voice say and I looked to see Draco, "Malfoy, if this is some kind of trick I will beat you until you're unrecognizable." I said and he smirked, "I swear,it's not a trick.Even you deserve to dance a little." he said offering his hand,I sighed and grabbed it as he helped me out of my seat and over to the floor.He put his hands on my hips and I placed mine on his shoulders,he leaned down near my ear, "You look really pretty,Faith." he said and I blushed feeling his lips brush my ear slightly."Thank you, Draco. You look nice too."I said smirking a little,he smirked too as we continued to dance.I saw Kris look at us funny and raise a brow,I shook my head as if to say 'I'll tell you later' and she just nodded.Soon the song came to an end, "Thank you for dancing with me." I said and he smiled,actually smiled, "My pleasure." he said and he took my right hand and kissed the top of it and with a smirk he walked out of the Great Hall.I rolled my eyes and sat down again enjoying a little more music until I went to bed.

The next day Kris didn't ask anything about Draco,so I was relieved but I knew at some point she'd ask.We had the day off since tomarrow would be the second task so we went to Hogsmede and had some butterbeer then came back and walked around the castle talking. "I still don't see how you can just hate yellow." she said with a sigh and I smirked, "it's too bright." I said as a little Ravenclaw first year ran up to us.He looked nervously at me and I gave him a chesire cat smile and he quickly looked away, "Kris,Professor Flitwick wants to see you." he said and Kris nudged me and smiled at him, "thanks Kevin." she said and he ran off."Did you really have to scare him?" she asked turning to me, "No,but I wanted to.So I did." I said with a smile and she rolled her eyes,"see you later." she said and I nodded, "Stay brunette!" I yelled and she laughed, "you too!" she called back and I went to the Great Hall for lunch.After lunch I didn't see her and as time went on I still didn't find her,I soon found Cedric and went over, "Hey Cedric,have you seen Kris?" I asked and he shook his head, "why is she missing?" he asked and I nodded, "I guess,I haven't seen her since Professor Flitwick wanted to see her." I said and his face fell, "wow I ask her to consider being my girlfriend and she vanishes." he mummbled and my jaw fell, "did I hear what I think I just heard?" I asked with a coy smile and he blushed and nodded,"Yea." he said and I smirked, "well I know she won't turn you down."I said flicking his chest and walking off.

Soon the task came around and I stood with the Slytherins,I was close to the water and watched as the Champians swam off, I figured out that a person that means most to the hampians was down there somehow so I figured for Cedric, Kris is down there.We all stood waiting and then Cedric came up with Kris,I released the breath I was holding as they got out and Kris came over, "Hey!" she said cheeriy and I shook my head,"You're a nut." I said and she giggled, "that was fun." she said and I rolled my eyes,then Krum came up with Granger and after them it was Potter,apparently Fleur got attacked my Grindalows so she lost.Potter and Cedric got head start for the next challange,much to the Slytherins disappointment,Potter got it because he got both his person and Fleur's sister.We left and Kris got into the shower and some clean clothes and we spent the day hanging out.

Afew days later Kris and I were hanging out trying to stay warm,"So I never asked, why were you dancing with Malfoy at the Ball?" she asked and I groaned, "I was hoping you forgot." I said and she started to nudge me,we were in the Room of Requirement,it's the only place where we can actually be alone.The room consisted of our house colors,green,blue,bronze and silver.There were two huge banners,one Slytherin the other Ravenclaw.There were also two queen sized beds in out house colors,a huge TV,muggle movies and an endless suply of food.Right now Kris and I were sitting on my Slytherin bed eating chocolate dipped strawberries and watching Sweeney Todd."Well he offered to dance,after he confirmed that it wasn't a trick and I was lonely,so I accepted.He is a good dancer too.He even complimented me."I said and Kris's jaw dropped."He was actually.....nice?" she asked and I nodded, "he said I looked really pretty." I said biting into a strawberry and she giggled, "he likes you." she said and I shook my head, "he does not,he just decided to be nice,for once."I said and she gave me a serious look, "It's Malfoy,I mean come on,he hasto have a reason to be nice,and a pretty good reason." she said sitting up and I sighed.I'm good at reading people and Kris is good at reading actions,unfortunetly she might be right because she's never been wrong when she judges somebody's actions."He does not like me." I said seriously and she started to giggle, "He liiiiiiiiiiikes you." she said with a grin and I tossed a strawberry at her as she started to jump on the bed."Drcao just decided to be nice.That's all." I said and she stopped jumping and grinned looking at me, "what?" I asked and she giggled, "you called him Draco,not Malfoy." she said and I rolled my eyes, "so?" I asked and she rolled her eyes, "soooooo that means you like him too." she said and my jaw dropped.I have to admit Draco is one good looking guy, but I do not like him."Draco and Faith sitting in a treee k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" she started to sing as she started to jump again,I took a pillow and threw it at her causing a pillow fight to happen.When it ended we could still hear Johnny Depp's voice as he killed the judge,soon we cleaned up and went to our common rooms,but of course Kris had to make comments like 'go make out with Malfoy' and 'stop denying your love for him' which she recieved a punch on the arm for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Faith's yule ball outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/faith_yule_ball/set?id=34428880
Kris's yule ball outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=34428143