Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

The Third Task

I was in the Room of Requirement with Faith. Eating like the fat asses we were and watching my favorite movie, “Sweeney Todd” to be exact. The room was decorated in both Ravenclaw and Slytherin colors.

“So I never asked you, why were you dancing with Malfoy at the Yule Ball,” I ask Faith.

“I was hoping you forgot,” Faith replied."Well he offered to dance,after he confirmed that it wasn't a trick and I was lonely,so I accepted.He is a good dancer too.He even complimented me."

"He was actually.....nice?"

"He said I looked really pretty."

"He likes you."

"He does not,he just decided to be nice,for once."

"It's Malfoy,I mean come on,he has to have a reason to be nice,and a pretty good reason."

"He does not like me."

"He liiiiiiiiiiikes you."

"Drcao just decided to be nice.That's all." I started staring at her. "What?" She asks.

"You called him Draco,not Malfoy."

"So?"

"Soooooo that means you like him too." I start to sing, "Draco and Faith sitting in a treee k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" To shut me up she hits me with a pillow and we go back to watching the movie.
We go back to watching the movie. After the part where Todd kills Judge Turpin Faith turns to me and asks, “What did you and Cedric talk about after the second task?”

*Flash back*
I was gasping for air and towels were being put around my shoulders for warmth. Everyone was congratulating Cedric on being the first one to return. They were also making sure I was alright as well. I remembered going to see Flitwick and the next thing I know I wake up a day later coming out of the lake. Cedric comes over to me and asks,” Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. Just a bit light headed and hungry,” I reply.

“Haha, we’ll get food when we get back to Hogwarts.”

“Are you feeling alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I wanted to ask you something…”

“What is it?”

“Can you still hear my thoughts?” I tried to read his thoughts, nothing. Snape must have blocked my power for the task.

“No, I think someone is blocking it…what do you want to ask me?”

“Would you, umm…. Would you like to be my girlfriend?” I hug him and put my lips to his and say, ”Yes!”

*End flashback*
I finish telling Faith what happened and she says, “Congrats!”

“Thanks! Now, what are you gonna do with Malfoy?” I ask.

“I don’t know…”

“I gotta go…lessons with Snape…yippee,” I say sarcastically. I walk out of the room and walk myself to the dungeons to find Snape in his office. I took my seat and he says, “There is only one thing we need to discuss.”

“What would that be Professor?” I ask.

“The third task. For this task I shall be blocking your power just as I did with the second task.”

“Yes, sir. I understand.”

“Oh and one other thing. You and your friend, Faith, are to sit with the teachers. We want to make sure no funny business happens between the two of you.”

“Yes, sir. I’ll tell Faith when I see her.”

“Good, you are dismissed.” I walk out of the room without another word. I took the longer way to walk to my common room, wondering what the third task could possibly be. I hope it’s nothing fatal.

*The Day of the Third Task*
Faith and I take our places with the other teachers of Hogwarts and just as Snape promised, he has blocked my mind from the outside world. So apparently, the third task is a giant maze…Glad I’m not participating! Cedric looks at me and puts his hand to his mouth and blows me a kiss. I pretend to catch it and I blow him a kiss as well. “You are such a hopeless romantic,” Faith said.

“Well…the world needs some more hopeless romantics!” I say.

“Maybe,” Faith pondered about this for several minutes. Dumbledore silences the crowd and gives a speech. Cedric walks into the maze along with Harry Potter, they were then followed by Fleur and Viktor.

“How long do you think this task will be?” I ask Faith.

“I don’t know. But the second task was an hour long,” Faith replied. I sighed; I want Cedric by my side. I feel like something bad was going to happen, but I can’t put my finger on it. It’s just a feeling that I hope won’t come true. I turn to look at Faith and see her face go blank.

“Faith? Faith! Answer me!” I tell her. None of the other students heard me. She just stared at nothing.

“What’s going on?” Snape came up behind me along with Dumbledore.

“I don’t know! We were just talking and her face just went blank. I think she’s having a vision,” I reply.

“Let me have a look at her,” Dumbledore said. He looked at Faith and examined her. She started coming back to reality, thank God! “Faith, what did you see?” Dumbledore asked.

“I saw-,“ that’s all I got to hear. I can’t hear anything. I turn to Snape and I instantly knew he doesn’t want me to hear whatever came out of Faith’s mouth. Snape leaves to continue his duties and Dumbledore sits with Faith and I waiting for the champions to return. My hearing comes back slowly, but it comes back just in time to see that Harry has appeared on the field. He seems to not want to get off the ground…Oh my God! He’s holding Cedric! Why isn’t Cedric moving or getting up? Is he even breathing? OH MY GOD!!! He’s dead! I do the only thing I can do. Which would be screaming. I cry into Faith’s shoulder, she tries to come me down, but it’s not working. Cedric is dead! Nothing can help me now!