Status: Complete and working on a sequal.

From the Shadows, to Your Heart.

Summertime.

Today is the day of the Third Task,I was talking to Kris in the stands.We had to sit with the teachers because they didn't want us interfering for the final task. "How long do you think this task will be?" Kris asked and I sighed lightly, "I don't know.But the second task was an hour long."I answered looking into the crowd, and then the familiar slight pain in my head started.I felt more pain in my head as my eyesight went into a vision,this happens every time I had one.On the outside I just look like a zombie,as I've been told by people,I always tried to not let Kris see me have a vision,I didn't want to scare her, but I couldn't stop this one,it came too fast. I was standing in the maze and a bunch of vines were freaking out,I looked to see Cedric and Harry rech for the cup at the same time,then vanish.I was in a cemetary now and I sa w Harry standing next to Cedric,and He Who Must Not Be Named. "Avada Kedavra!" he said and there was a flash of green light and Cedric fell down,dead. I gasped as my eyesight came back and Dumbledore was next to me giving me a curious glance, "Faith,what did you see?" he asked as Kirs leaned in to hear, "I saw You Know Who kill Cedric." I whispered so only he could hear, Kris was facing Snape now and I think she couldn't hear me, "Well,there is nothing we can do.I'm afraid we will have to let this vision of yours happen.But Faith,Kris will be upset but you must tell her what you saw,it's your right as a best friend that she knows you knew before it happened." he said and he patted my hand and turned to watch,Kris was sitting next to Dumbledore and we waited for the champians to return.About a half an hour later there was a bright light and Harry appeared on top of the dead Cedric,there was cheering until they noticed Cedric not moving.I moved next to Kris as she screamed,she covered her mouth and turned and cried into her shoulder,I watched as they pried Harry off of Cedric.My eyes couldn't leave Cedric's unmoving eyes as I patted Kris's back,"Faith,please get Miss.Hale out of here." Dumbledore said and I nodded,I staretd to move Kris towards the exit until she realized what I was doing.She started to fight me and she threw punches and kicked and slapped at me, "I'm sorry Kris,I have to do this!" I said and took out my wand as I held her wait to hold her still, "Protificus Totalus!" I said and her body started to freeze,I levitated her body as I rushed her to Hogwarts.I made it to Ravenclaw tower,where there was a door with a Raven knocker, "It is greater than God and more evil than the Devil.The poor have it,the rich need it and if you eat it you'll die.What is it?" the raven asked and I sighed."Nothing.Nothing is greater than God,nothing is more evil than the Devil.The poor have nothing,the rich need nothing and if you eat nothing you'll die." I said and the door opened,I levetated Kris in and onto a blue couch,I looked around and shrugged, "it's nice in here." I said as I sat next to Kris who started to unfreeze.She started to beat me again "Why did you take me away from Cedric,I could've helped him!!" she started to scream and I tried grabbing her hands, "Kris! Kris!" I kept trying to get her to be quiet. "I COULD'VE HELPED HIM YOU BITCH!" she screamed and I caught her hands, "KRIS! There's nothing you CAN do.He's gone! Cedric is gone!" I said right into her face,she froze when I started to scream at her and her eyes filled with tears and her lip quivered."I want him back." she said weakly and then hugged me,I hugged her back and rubbed her back as she cried herself to sleep on my shoulder,then I put her to bed.

The ceremony for Cedric at school was beautiful,I was allowed to be at the Ravenclaw table for Kris as she cried on me.Today we were going home,my parents were going on vacation by themselves,which I didn't mind so I'd be home alone but I guess this summer mostly at Kris's house.I was wearing all black clothes and so was Kris today,she has been like a zombie these last few days so I packed for her and helped her into the carridge to the train, I put Kris in a compartment and started to haul both our luggage into the compartment.I got my stuff in and was now bringing in Kris's stuff, "Need a hand?" a voice asked and I looked to see Draco, "if you don't mind." I said and he grabbed some of the extra bags and her owl while I took her trunk and two bags,we got to the compartment and I loaded everything in and once it was done I turned to Draco."Thanks Draco,for helping me." I said and he nodded, "no problum,Faith.Tell Kris I'm sorry and I'll see you both next year." he said and he unexpectidly hugged me,I weakly wrapped my arms around him and then we let go, he smirked and then winked at me and went on his way.I went into the compartment and sat down across from Kris and leaned forward with my elbows on my knees and my hands folded." Hey Kris,Malfoy said he's sorry for you." I whispered to her as if talking to a child,she looked at me but didn't open her mouth."Kris,you need to stop this.It won't be healthy for you in the long run.I don't want to see you like this." I said and she just blinked at me,I sighed and sat back into my seat.I ran a hand through my hair and got out a book to read,when food came I tried to make her eat but she refused.These past few days she'd only eat a little and she was starting to get thin.When we got the the station I started to unload everything,Kris's dad came on board and started to help me as I got Kris off of the train.I noticed some girls from thge Slytherin,Gryffindor and Ravenclaw houses staring but all standing away from each other.It pissed me off to see them staring as if Kris was going to go onto a rampage and attack everyone, "Don't you all have something better to do?!" I yelled and everyone flinched. "She's not going to crack you know,she's not going to go onto a rampage.So stop staring at hert as if she were a nutcase in the fucking Asylum!" I yelled and a crowd formed, "Faith! Honey,just ignore them." Mrs.Hale said as she grabbed my arm,I shoved her off because I was pissed and grabbed Kris's hand.I walked off and as I passed the Ravenclaw's and Slytherins I purposly made it look like I jumped at them and they all flinched and jumped back.I got to the fireplace where we come out of by the floo network and sighed as I rubbed my face,I flooed home and Kris went with her family and when I got home I put on some music and painted to try and calm down.

It's been two months since school,Kris has started to eat after we begged her and she started to speak a little bit more.I'm going over to stay with her because her parents need to go see her grandparents and they don't want Kris alone and Kris doesn't want to go.Cedric's funeral was beautiful, it was 3 days after school ended.I was going over to Kris's house now with a duffle bag full of clothes,when I got there I walked in and went to the kitchen.I always just walked in, I saw Kris's mom and she sighed, "she's in the backyard." she said and I nodded and dropped my bag and went outside,Kris was sitting under the tree she and I used to climb so I went over and sat next to her, "How you doing?" I asked and she shrugged "I feel empty,did you feel this way when Derek died?" she asked and I sighed.Derek was my cousin,he was like a brother to me and when we were little he fell off of this little brigde near his house and drowned to death,I was 7. "Yea,I did.But it goes away once you leanr how to deal with the emptyness." I said and she nodded thinking.Kris's parents left and we hung out and watched movies,she was so mute when I was used to her being hyper.One day I forgot something at my house, "Kris,I'll be back in a few I have to get something at home."I said and she looked up and nodded, "Okay,see you in a few." she said and I nodded and left.When I got home I grabbed the book I needed for summer home work and spotted a necklace Kris let me borrow, "I should probably return that."I mummbled and grabbed the necklace,that familiar pain set in again and I was pulled into a vision.I saw Kris getting up from the couch and going up to her room,she grabbed a necktie and untied it,she tied it to a beam on her ceiling and made a neuce out of it.She went over to her desk and wrote a note,I didn't see what it said but my name on the front in her neat handwriting,she went over and stood on a chair and placed the neuce around her throat then she kicked the chair under her and dropped.I came out of the vision and dropped the book and necklace,I ran to the fireplace and took my wand out,grabbing a handful of floo powder I rushed to Kris's house.I started to scream for Kris as I ran up the stairs two by two,when I got to her room, the door was locked,I kicked it down and it flew off the hindges.Kris was hanging where I saw her and her eyes were closed,I ran over and grabbed her legs trying to lift her enough to get it off,I lifted her enough and heard her gasp for air.Once I got the neuce off I set her on the floor as she sat there and coughed and wheezed,once she was breathing I sighed running a hand through my hair."How could you do this?! Why would you do this?! You scared me to death Kris! What were you thinking?!" I yelled as she sat on the floor looking at me, "I'm sorry Faith." she whispered and I stared at her "you're sorry!? you just tried to kill yourself!" I screamed and her eyes teared up, "You told me to try to get over it! you said to figure out a way! and I did! and it didn't work!" she yelled back and I froze, "I'm not saying it's your fault I chose to do this,it was my choice." she said and I sighed."Kris,you have so much to live for.Your parents,your future,me......Cedric would want you to be happy and to go on without him." I said and she started to cry and apologize.I got on the floor and hugged her as she cried into my shoulder.Kris went to the bathroom with the door open to was her face and I picked up the note she wrote,

Dear Faith,

You're my bestfriend in the world.You've helped me become who I am and you were always there to protect me when I wasn't able to protect myself.You've done everything to help me since Cedric left and I thank you so much for that.I hope you understand why I had to do this,I love you and I'll miss you.

Love, Kris

I sighed as Kris came out of the bathroom,"Can we get rid of it?" she asked and I nodded,we went downstairs to the fireplaced and set a fire.Kris and I sat in front of it and I handed her the note and she threw it in.We watched as the note burned and turned to ashes,"I meant what I wrote." she said and I nodded, "I know.I love you too, Kris. You mean alot to me too,if I didn't have you I'm sure I would've done many stupid things to ruin my life." I said and she giggled,I tuned and smiled at her and she smiled back and we hugged as the note disappered.
A few days later Kris was doing better,she was eating regularly,sleeping and she was more chipper than before,but she still needs more time.Soon we'd be going back to Hogwarts for our 5th year and I had to be careful,there are many things that can remind Kris of Cedric there,I know she'll be strong enough to handle it without me.She's an amazing person and a great best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kris and Faith's Hogwarts Express outfits - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=34884480