Priceless

I’m a Competitor, Bitches

Luke pulled me into him so hard that I could feel his muscle through his tux. His hands slid their way down and cupped my ass that I growled at him to back away. Dismissing my warning I jabbed my knee up hitting him square in the balls causing him to release me, but not fall to the floor. I backed away and watched him peer at me through his blonde hair ready to come back at me.

Out of nowhere a rope went round his neck yanking him back Luke a wild animal. A patch of red hair popped up behind his broad shoulders giving off a menacing atmosphere.

"What’s going on here Luke?" Cal brought Luke to the floor like he didn't say anything. Placing his foot on Luke's back Cal pulled on the rope choking him. "You should know better than to assault Andy and Derek," he hissed with venom seeping it of his words. Remember the last thing you want to do us piss off the best hit man, assassin there is. Luke is just an unfortunate person who didn't remember that rule.

Looking from the chaos to Zeke I noticed he was gone leaving me feeling guilty. Turning back to Cal I noticed Derek beside him looking down at Luke. Derek looked mad as hell for letting Luke get a hit on him. Donny and the rest came to my side making distance between them and the threatening scene and trust me it was threatening. Cal face was twisted into something even the devil would be afraid of.

“Go to diner Andy,” Derek said cracking his neck, “we’ll be there soon.”

I nodded and took Roderick by the arm and walked the group to the dining hall where everyone was seated. A few empty seats where at the top of the table where my parents’, Donny’s parents, and J.P.’s parents sat deep in conversation with each other. I walked over to one side on the long table with Roderick and Donny and J.P. walked on the other side with Lindsey. I gestured Roderick to sit and he did and I skipped a seat for Derek and then went to sit beside my mother. As I pulled my seat out the men stood and I nodded to them as I sat and moved into the table. They sat back down as the food was placed in front of us and my father eyed me, his elbows on the table with his fingers laced together.

“May I asked where Derek is?” his deep voice was directed at me and the attention landed on.

Sitting straight I looked at him, “He had to take care of something, but he should be here in a matter of minutes.”

He nodded and returned talking to Donny’s dad as his mother’s eyes fell on me. She smiled and fixed her hair. “It’s been some time since I last saw you Andrea. How have you been? Donny isn’t giving you any trouble has he?”

“Hey,” Donny exclaimed, “As a matter of fact I haven’t given her any trouble. She’s been giving me, trouble. Just yesterday she tried ditching me and J.P. leaving us in the middle of an intersection as she did a fast U-y in the middle of incoming traffic.”

Mrs. Lancer laughed along with my mother, “My dear daughter has always been the one hard catch.” I chuckled and looked at Roderick who was quiet probably feeling out of place in the room. I reached over and gave him a poke making him jump in his seat. He looked at me and I gave him a small smile and he seemed to brighten up a bit. “Darling who is this young man you have with you?”

“Is this your new boo?” Mrs. Lancer eyed Roderick.

“Aw,” Mrs. Williams cooed while swishing the wine in her glass. “Our lovely Andrea finally found a guy to cuddle with. Makes me wonder how Derek and Maxwell will feel,” her eyes slithered in my father’s direction where he was watching us with an intent look on his face. It seems he was listening the whole time. “Maxwell, don’t scare the poor boy with that look.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he said and my mother giggled and reached for his hand.

She wore a smiled on her face, “Dear please don’t scare her friend.”

“He is only a friend, dad,” I reassured him and he let out a breath.

“You said your name was Roderick, correct?” My father asked and I watch Roderick stiffen and nod. “Elaborate the exact relationship you have with my daughter.” Oh shit I do not want him finding out this way.

“I believe that is a conversation that should be taken place in private,” I interjected and his dark brown eyes landed on me. They looked shocked at how I had cut into his conversation that was obviously fishing for answers.

“It would seem we have a lot to talk about tonight.” His words held some mysterious meaning to them. I was about to ask him something when Derek took his seat looking perfectly composed and calm. If I hadn’t known any better it almost looked as if the conflict between him and Luke never happened. I looked past him down the table where Cal was taking his seat beside Jack who was stuffing his face. My eyes wandered by to Derek and he shot me a look of, ‘don’t ask.’ I nodded and began eating my food wondering what had happened between the three men when I cleared the room.

“Nice of you to join us Derek,” my father said, a twinge of annoyance in his voice.

Derek dashed on his smile, “Just tending to some loose ends, but all-in-all I apologize for my tardiness.” My father smiled at him and took a sip of wine. “If you don’t mind me asking, but I’d like to know if you plan on going forward with the meeting.”

He sat the glass down and licked his lips, “why yes I do. I feel me being home at this time is perfect.” He raised a brow, “Don’t tell me you are changing your mind?”

“No, no. I feel comfortable with my decision,” I wonder what they are talking about. “It’s just I feel their presence tonight makes the atmosphere a little…”

“Festive?”

“Uneasy. Almost predatory.”

My father laughed, “Well I wouldn’t be surprised seeing as everything is hanging in the balance.”

“Ah,” my mother smiled wickedly, “well this is considered a very challenging sport,” she jumped into the conversation.

“I feel out of the loop here. Anyone mind clearing the mucky waters for me?” I watched them as they studied me.

“All will be explained in due time, love,” my father said as he stood up with his glass. “To the long future of the group!”

“Cheers!” everyone responded and took a drink.

I downed some of the wine and looked across the table where Lindsey sat between J.P. and Donny. J.P. seemed to be talking to Roderick across the table where as Donny was completely taken with Lindsey. They were laughing and giggling as if it was just the two of them in the room. So I guess it’s safe to say they were in their own little world.

The dinner went on and slowly people were leaving the table to return to the dance floor. My family held me back from leaving and that meant something bad. Lindsey wanted to go back to dancing, but if I wasn’t going Donny would take her. She whined for us to go around the moment Jack went over to her wanting a dance. Donny glared at him and swished him away protecting Lindsey’s innocents when Cal came to me.

“If you want I can watch her for a while.” He whispered to me, “I understand Max is going to hold a meeting. One that you are a major part of,” my eyes shot to my father as he was talking to Donny’s dad. I knew he was planning something, the wicked old man.

“Please stay close to her and keep her away from Jack,” I said and he nodded backing away from me and walking to Lindsey.

I leaned in my seat when Derek cleared his throat, “You sure that was a smart move?” he asked as Lindsey was being escorted away by Cal.

“Yes, since I know he won’t do anything to her.” I watched them leave when Donny and J.P. looked at me. They probably are wondering if they should go after her, but the sound of my father’s chair dismissed those thoughts. We all stood up as he glanced in my direction.

“We have matters to discus,” he fixed his tux and hels his hand out for my mother. She took it and then wrapped her arms around his arm, “Meet me in the conference room.” He ordered and then left the room.

“You know something about this don’t you Derek?” I didn’t bother look at him when I asked.

He sighed, “Yes I do.”

I turned to look at him, “Is it bad?”

“Unpleasant is a better fitting word.” He motioned to Roderick, “He could come into good use if you play your cards right.”

I eyed Roderick who was watching me carefully, “How useful could he be?” I crossed my arms looking at him. “I mean he isn’t frail, but not meant for this style.”

“Think about it Andy,” Derek came around to my side and hugged my shoulders, “what are his strengths?”

His strengths? Womanizing is one for sure.

“We’re wasting time, and you know he doesn’t like waiting. So in the meantime J.P. watch Roderick, but remain outside the door just in case I need you.” Or him. He nodded, “Okay let’s go.” I walked with the guys to the conference room that was completely on the other side of the house. It was a long silent walk and it only made me nervous and slightly fidgety. When we reached the mahogany door Derek place his hands on my back and guided me in with Donny trailing behind us.

The room was painted with a dark color and lit poorly with lamps on the wall, but it gave enough lighting to show me the amount of people in the room. My father sat at the top of the long table with my mother on his right and two empty seats on his left. Donny’s dad stood behind him like the loyal guard he is and watched Derek and I take our seats and Donny stand behind me. Crossing my legs I looked at the others sitting at the table and recognized them as the men my parents were talking to earlier. One held my gaze and then smirked leaning back in his seat. Well I guess I know who has an arrogant attitude.

“Can we begin this meeting now?” I asked sounding impatient.

“We are waiting for two more,” My father said when the door opened revealing Zeke and…

“Andrea!” Aaron yelled with his accent pulling strings inside me. He walked over and pulled me into a hug, “did you miss me as much I did you?”

I looked to my father for a little help at the sudden welcoming gesture, “Davis, sit down so we can begin.” He growled and Aaron pulled away and winked at me before taking a seat beside Zeke. “So let’s get down to business. Andrea, meet the candidates that will be fighting to be your husband.” I felt my eyes bug out, “Candidates please introduce yourselves since the first time all of you met my daughter was when she was an infant.”

“Then I will start,” A young blonde guy said, “I’m Ben Evens eldest of the Anaconda group. I’m eighteen and pleased to meet you.”

I nodded and looked to the one next to him, “I’m Chris Butler of the Viper group. I’m nineteen and honestly unsure of my feelings for being here.” Well aren’t we the blunt one.

“Jason Crawford of the Copperhead group,” snapped the one next to him. “I’m the eldest in the family and I’m twenty-one.”

My eyes fell on the guy that smirked at me, “Please to meet you darling. I am the wonderful Lance Garcia of the Cottonmouth group at the beautiful age of twenty-five.”

He ended his introduction with a wink and I gagged inside. “Well now that the show off is done flirting I guess it’s my turn.” A guy with spikey black hair looked at me, “The name’s Ron Hanson of the Diamondback group. I’m twenty-two and happy to meet you.”

“As for me I’m Steve Fuller and I belong to the Egyptian Asps group,” another blonde guy said, “I’m eighteen and graduating this year.”

The one next to him scoffed, “Okay kiddo let’s not jump for joy.” I watched the dark hair guy say, “So I’m Marcus Bowman of the Coral group and not to mention I’m Twenty.”

I nodded and then my eyes landed on Aaron who was smiling. “Well Love I’m Aaron Davis, and I just got back after five years in Britain. Lovely place it is I’ll tell you that, but as for what group I’m from it has to be the Black Mamba group.” He sounded satisfied with himself, “Oh! And I’m at the handsome age of twenty-three.” I smiled at him and he clapped his hands together, “Look I made her smile and what a beautiful one it is.”

I stifled a laugh and then looked at Zeke who was eyeing me, “You know who I am.” He said and I felt sad at his tone of voice. “But for the rest of you I’m Zeke Young, son of the King Cobra group.”

“That we do know,” my father said and leaned forward in his seat placing his arms on the table. “Now that we are all acquainted with each other I shall tell you the layout of this plan.”

“Excuse me Max,” Chris said, “but aren’t we missing one more person?”

Ben looked at my father, “Yes we are aren’t we? The son of the Inland Taipan group.”

“Idiots,” Lance growled, “The Inland Taipan group doesn’t exist anymore. They were slaughter years ago in a home invasion and then the murders rigged the house to blow. There were never any survivors.”

Derek nodded slowly, “Andrea’s original fiancée died in that invasion.”

“And so the candidate list was formed,” my father nodded. “If that group survived we wouldn't be having this meeting, but unfortunate incidences occur.” He was silent for a moment and then shook his head. “Instead of dwelling on deaths and old demons let’s move forward. You men well be fighting for Andrea’s love and affection in order to be her husband. I’ve chosen you men because all of you have the qualifications if chosen to head the group like real protectors.” I watched them watching my father intently hanging on his words.

“All of you will move into the house and will live with Andrea starting in two days’ time.”

I turned to him, “What?”

His dark eyes snapped to mine, “be silent and listen.” He growled putting me in my place, “You will do what you can and to win her over but I will not tolerate any alter motives. As in coercing her with sex.” Did he just talk about my sex life?

“If anything is discovered we will find out,” my mother pressed sounding vicious yet still elegant. “And if I must I will castrate you.” I smiled and I notice so did Derek. I looked behind me and notice Donny flinch probably remembering the time he talked back to my mother. She flat out punched him in the balls then he was icing for days.

“Do we all understand each other now?” he asked and everyone nodded. That is everyone except me.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” I waved my hand and caught the attention of everyone in the room. “You make me sound like a prize that has no word in this.” I crossed my arms looking at my furious father. Besides the dark eyes that we share we also have the same relentless pride and temper. “I will not be talked about as if I have no voice in a matter that I am a huge part in.” I growled, “I am not some ordinary woman a man can just claim as their own, nor am I a silent prize. You’ve brought me up as a fighter and a deceiver beyond measure. So I will not sit back and just take this crap you spilling in front of me.” My father’s eyes widen at my flared temper, “I’m not Disney princess waiting for prince charming. I am as much a competitor in this as they are.”

“Really now?” my father leaned back in his seat his fingers laced together, “and what will you do being a competitor and all?”

“Fight back and push them away,” I looked at the men who were stoned face, “It’s clear bby your expressions I’m not like the girls you usually handle. So it’s obvious to say you will have your share of problems and let’s admit it now. A lot of awkward moments,” I glanced at my father, “If you will allow it I will like to challenge them. Make them work for me if they chose to continue being a candidate.”

He raised a brow, “What shall I have in compensation for this?”

“What would you like?”

He leaned forward and stared me straight in the eye, “Return the engagement ring Zeke has given you.” I grimaced at his devilish expression, “This is the price since we will have to relinquish it anyways. That is if you chose anyone of these men they will have a ring ready for you.”

I gave Derek a look and then I tapped Donny on the chest, “get him” He left the room as I gave my father a wicked smile, “agreed.”

He nodded, “Then what is your challenge?” he asked as the door opened and Donny entered with J.P. and Roderick. “What are you doing being a civilian in here?” he hissed.

I laughed, “Roderick is my ace in the hole.” I watched him closely, “While you were away the two us ran into a little trouble. The details not important, but the fact of the matter is that he is my property now and shall do as I want.” I turned to the men, “As of now he is an obstacle to all of you.” I leaned back and tugged Roderick’s tux bringing closer to me so I could kiss his cheek leave a lip stain. “I announce that he will be my boyfriend for the duration of you stay.”

“Andrea!” My father yelled standing up and I smiled at him.

“What? Did you expect me to give them something easy?” my voice was arrogant when he pulled out his gun and pointed it to Roderick.

“I will not allow this,” he growled and Roderick stiffen in my hold. Idiot don’t show him your fear! He lives off of it.

A blade was thrown inches from my father’s face and planted itself in the wall behind him. He looked at my mother whose hand was up and eyes piecing his. “Enough.”

His face was stunned, “Eliza-“

“Enough Max!” she snapped at silencing him. “Now if she wants to challenge these young men she is allowed to.”

“But-“

“She is allowed to. In any way she sees fit,” she pressed leaving no room for discussion. She turned her attention to the candidates, “Any objections?” placing another blade on the table and everyone shook their heads. “Lovely,” she smiled , “Now that we are all settled everyone is free to enjoy the rest of the party”. She then turned stern and motioned for my father with her finger, “I need to speak with you Max.” Then she walked from the room with my father hot on her heels grumbling. Donny’s dad was right behind him leaving the room to the candidates, me, Derek, Donny, J.P. and Roderick.

“So you’re really planning to put up a fight over this?” Chris asked as I started to stand up about to leave.

I raised a brow at him, “Did you really believe I would sit back all quiet?”

Lance laughed and leaned forward, “Don’t worry doll face. We like the feisty hard to get ones.”

“Yeah well I’m one you’ll never get,” I snapped and he faked a pout pretending he was hurt.

I smirked at him as Aaron came up to me, “If you’re going back to dance may I have this one?” he asked politely.

“Actually,” Zeke interrupted, “We need to talk.” I looked at him as he grabbed my wrist, “in private.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in a while. This story and me had a problem called writer’s block, but I hope you like the chapter! :)

Check out the Candidates pictures and tell me who you like!

Don't Be A Silent Reader

Comment and Subscribe. Please and Thank You : )

Image