Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

An Unexpected Party

I walked the path to the main tree of Lorien where Galadriel was waiting for me. I bowed to the queen of Lorien and thanked her for having me come and helping me practice my wizardry. "It was my pleasure my darling Kyna you know you should visit more often you always bring joy when you come." Galadriel said. I smiled "I saw that today but being a wizard is a busy job not much time for leisure when you need to learn all the spells and main streets." I said walking to the outskirts of Lorien.
Lorien was very beautiful at this time of year the sun shone on the leaves of the blossoming trees making it seem like you were walking through an ocean of green. The apples and wild berries were just starting to turn from greens to beautiful hues of pink, red yellow, and blue. Lorien was amazing but i loved my home of Rivendale better. I laughed as i stepped across Lorien's border and called with a whistle to my horse. Storm my pure black stallion that had one storm cloud on her forehead came running up trotting alongside Gandalf my wizard tutor. At least he was while i wasn't training with Saruman. I hopped on Storm and rode next to Gandalf heading towards the Shire.
Gandalf was pulling a wagon behind him that was overflowing with fireworks for Bilbo Baggin's one hundred and elevntyith birthday. I smiled as we rode toward the Shire. Upon going to Bilbo's party, i was also going to see my old Friend Frodo who i met shortly after starting to travel around with Gandalf. Like all the inhabitants of the Shire he was a hobbit, he also had brown hair the color of freshly tilled dirt, and a kind serene face with blue eyes set in them.
It was a quiet journey to the Shire besides Gandalf's singing i was lost in my thoughts. Something was coming and i couldn't figure out what it was yet. We entered the Shire to be greeted by Frodo. "You're late" he said simply. "A wizard is never late master Frodo nor is he early he arrives precisely when he means to." Gandalf said faining anger. But he couldn't do it long and he soon broke into an erupting of laughter. Frodo jumped on to the cart and gave Gandalf a hug while saying it's great to see you Gandalf. He then turned to me on my horse and gave me a hug. " It's great to see you too Kyna" he said. I smiled half-heartedly at him. "It's nice to see you again too." I said back to Frodo.
I followed along with them deep in thought not paying any attention to what they were saying although i picked up on a few words. We soon came to a point where Frodo left and we continued on up to Bag End where Bilbo was writing inside. Gandalf went in while I hopped off storm and slowly brushed her coat cleaning it from the long journey. I then lead her to a small river to get a drink. No matter how much the hobbits here disliked Gandalf they loved me and were always asking me how i was. I tightened my red hair in its braid and walked back to Bag End for the party was about to start.
The party was grand and a great cite like most of Bilbo's parties and everyone was happy. We all went around dancing and having fun. I danced with some of the hobbits and then i was helping Gandalf with his fireworks. The evening was terrific and then it was time for Bilbo's speech. I followed Gandalf in and sat down next to him. Bilbo stood up and addressed everyone giving his speech. H was acting quite odd and when he was done he disappeared into thin air. Everyone gasped at the sight.
Gandalf was then the first one to leave the tent and i watched as he headed toward Bag End. Frodo came up to me later and asked if I'd seen Bilbo or Gandalf around for a while and i realized i hadn't seen either since they left the tent. "No I'm afraid i haven't but i think i saw Gandalf go up to Bag End after he left the tent we can try there" I said walking up towards Bag End with Frodo.
When we got there the door was pushed open and Bilbo's ring was lying on the floor inside the door. Frodo picked up the ring and walked over to Gandalf who was sitting by the fire deep in thought. "Gandalf" Frodo asked walking up to the old wizard. Gandalf looked at the ring in Frodo's hand. "Bilbo's ring " he said standing up and quickly getting Frodo to put the ring in and envelope and sealing it. "Bilbo's went to stay with the elves he's left you Bag End along with all his possessions" Gandalf said handing the envelope back to Frodo. "You must hide this Frodo keep it out of sight and mind i have to go there are questions i have questions that need to be answered" Gandalf said hurrying out. "But Gandalf" I butted in "We've only just arrived"
The old wizard smiled at me. "I know Kyna but this is important no hurry and come along we'll just consider this as a short field trip" He said. I quickly packed up all my stuff gave Frodo a hug good bye and followed Gandalf out. I quickly called to storm and rode off along side Gandalf.
Once we were a good distance out of the Shire I turned to Gandalf. "What's going on Gandalf why did we have to rush out of the Shire like that?" I asked curiously. "That ring there were only a few magic rings made and none of them should be used lightly although this ring had a different feel to it something more menacing and evil then the other magic rings"Gandalf explained. I nodded and quickened my horses pace. "Gandalf where may i ask are we going." I asked riding next to him. "Gondor to Minas Tirith, remember to keep your head low in the city. The steward will not be happy about an heir in the city." Gandalf whispered as we entered the gates.
"That is something i don't think we have to worry about Gandalf, no one at this point except a select few know I let alone Strider exist." I said using my brothers nickname. I watched as Gandalf pondered this and the villagers and guards of the city looked upon Gandalf and myself. "Yes i assume you are correct but it is still wise to keep your head down and to keep yourself out of trouble while we are here." he explained as we put our horses in an open stable. "Yes Gandalf I will do my best to help you and to stay out of trouble but I hope you are aware that trouble seems to follow you around." I chided. Gandalf laughed shaking his head.
I followed Gandalf as he maneuvered through the city up towards the top perch of the city. I had to admit, Elven and dwarven architecture were amazing but this city was a sight to behold. Gandalf walked up to a young man with long brown hair that fell to his shoulders. I was only mildly aware of the conversation, that was until my name came up. " - and this is my apprentice Kyna. Kyna this is one of the two sons of the steward Faramir." Gandalf explained. Faramir smile toward me and held out his hand. I took his hand and shook it while saying"It's nice to meet you."
Faramir nodded in response and led us to a woman who would take us to the hall of records. I followed Gandalf and the woman down to a small coven of records. There we began looking through the many books. After two weeks of looking in there Gandalf told me to go back and to stay with Frodo until he told me to do otherwise. So swiftly and secretly I left the city of Gondor and thundered towards the Shire ready for anything.