Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

The Mines or Moria Pt. 1

Once they were off the mountain they made their way to the Mines of Moria. They all walked slowly together listening to Gimli talk about the Mines and how great he thought they would be. Kyna listened half interested while talking to the hobbits. It was very interesting to watch the company travel with the different races but most of the group, minus Gimli and Legolas, got along smoothly. Legolas was walking by Aragorn who was at the back of the company, but he kept glancing at the brunette noticing that she was very deep in thought. Kyna was indeed very deep in thought. She could remember a book she had read back when Saruman was on the good side. It had said something bad about the Mines of the Moria, but she couldn't bring her mind to remember it.
While they were walking they came across some old ruins. Gimli looked around in awe. "The walls of Moria." he exclaimed giddily. Kyna let out a small chuckle watching him but for the most part was silent, looking on at the sights around her. The ground was nothing but jagged rocks making it hard for the hobbits to walk, but they did the best they could. It wasn't long before they came to a halt in front of a smooth patch of mountain side. A lake stood behind them as still as could be. Gandalf looked at the face of the mountain for a second before a look of recognition crossed his features. Two trees bordered the area spreading out with crooked limbs, to draw you attention to the spot, were the reason for there planting.
Gandalf approached the wall and laid his hand against it as if he was searching for something. He traced a carving on the area before whispering a spell underneath his breath. The spell made the clouds that hid the moon from sight disappear. The moon shone down on the door causing the door to light up and glow softly. The whole company looked upon the door with awe clearly written in their faces. The door was a curved arc held up by two ornate pillars. Trees wrapped themselves around the pillars stretching up towards the top but stopping short. A crown with stars and an anvil were in the top middle of the door and inscribed above it was a riddle the company would have to figure out in order to pass through.
"It reads The doors of Durin lord of Moria Speak friend and enter." Kyna said looking at the words that were in the arc. "What do you suppose that means?" Merry asked looking at the door. "Well it's quite simple really." Gandalf said. "If you are a friend you just speak the password and the doors will open." Kyna shook her head slowly laughing under her breath. Gandalf placed his staff against the door and spoke what he presumed was the password. The whole company looked on ready for the doors to open, but unfortunately they stayed as still as stone. Gandalf pushed against the door thinking it might open but they didn't budge. So while he sat and thought about what the password might be, everyone else relaxed for a little bit.
Kyna sat by Frodo whom was sitting on a log near Gandalf. She absentmindedly played with Frodo's curly brown hair while they sat there. Kyna had known Frodo for a long time and for as long as she could remember her playing with his hair had always calmed his nerves. She could feel him slowly start to relax as they sat waiting. Kyna looked over at the rest of the company watching sadly as Sam had to say goodbye to his new friend. Her eyes then looked to Gimli and Boromir who were smoking their pipes. The two trouble making hobbits were standing by the lake picking up rocks. She knew Legolas was standing behind her against a tree but she didn't turn to catch his gaze, instead she watched as her brother went over to Merry and Pippin who had started to throw rocks into the water.
Aragorn grabbed Pippin's arm as he went to threw another stone. "Do not disturb the water." He said staring out onto the lake. He eyes then snapped up to Gandalf who threw his staff down in aggravation before sitting down on the opposite side of Frodo. "It's a riddle." Frodo said standing up and looking at the words. "Speak friend and enter, What's the elvish word for friend?" Frodo asked. Kyna looked at Gandalf quizzically before looking back at Frodo. "Mellon." Kyna said slowly letting each syllable roll off her tongue. They both looked up as the doors split in half and opened up to them. Everyone stood up and started to go inside of the mines. Kyna walked at the back by the hobbits as they entered.
"Soon master elf you will see the hospitality of the dwarves." Gimli said as we walked into the dark chamber. "Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat right off the one." Gimli described to Legolas. Kyna laughed softly while she watched Gandalf light the small stone he had placed in his staff. The chamber was suddenly filled with light and everyone looked around. There were decaying bodies everywhere on the floor. Barbed arrows sticking out of them. "This is no mine." Boromir said looking around. "It's a tomb." Gimli and everyone took a good look around then gasping at what they saw. Legolas bent down by one of the carcasses and pulled out the arrow the presided in its head. "Goblins." he stated before throwing the arrow down. Everyone drew there weapons ready for anything.
They all started quickly backing out of the mines. Kyna's and Aragorn's head quickly snapped back though when they heard Frodo cry out for help. They turned and ran toward Frodo who had a tentacle wrapped around his foot. Sam was quick to act and hit the beast with his sword causing it to retract its tentacle into the water. However the move just seemed to piss the thing off. It then burst out of the water with all its tentacles knocking the hobbits back and again grabbing Frodo. Aragorn, Boromir, and Kyna rushed out into the water and slashed away at the tentalces to free Frodo while Legolas shot his bow at it. They were soon able to get Frodo free who fell into to Boromir's arms. "Into the mines." Gandalf shouted as the everyone hurried to make their way in. Legolas was still shooting at the beast though trying to distract it from the four who were trying to quickly get into the mines.
Once they were almost in Legolas quickly turned and ran in along with Aragorn. They all froze, however, when the beast attached its self to the door and squeezed it causing the whole door to crumple to pieces, blocking their only way out. "We now have but one choice."Gandalf said grimly. "We must face the long dark of Moria." He stated lighting his staff again. "Be on your guard, there are older and fouler things then orcs in the deep places of the world." He said leading the way. Kyna pulled her soaked cloak closer around her and followed behind Legolas. "Quietly now, It's a four day journey to the other side." Gandalf explained.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo I'm almost done with The Fellowship Of The Ring. I should be posting another chapter if not tonight tomorrow because i will actually have some alone time tomorrow. I'm sorry i didn't get another update in before this but that was due to the fact that I was at non-stop parties all last weekend and I've been babysitting my three year old and month and one week old nieces all week so here is the first update and hopefully things start to go faster from her on out.