Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

The Mines of Moria Pt.2

They passed slowly through the mines careful not to fall of make too much noise. It was a hard travel for the hobbits due to the stairs that were everywhere in the mines. The company came to a halt in front of three arched doors, where Gandalf had stopped. "I have no memory of this place." He said looking at the doors. The company lit a fire and all sat around it on the small area of rock. Kyna sat next to Aragorn resting her head on his shoulder tiredly. Boromir looked over to where the two siblings sat and noticed the ring that resided on the females finger. "If I may ask, who gave you that ring?" Boromir asked looking at her. Kyna looked down at the ring. Only Gandalf, Elrond, Frodo, and the person who gave her the ring knew how she got it. "That my friend is a long story." She said running her hand over it. "I'm pretty sure we have time." Aragorn said wanting to know the story. Kyna sighed. "Alright but you better listen because I'm only telling it once." she said.
*Flashback*
A twelve year old brunette ran through the forest of Rivendale. Her green dress blew in the wind of the spring. The girl was out to explore for a while before she would head back home to Elrond and the rest of the elves whom would yell at her for wondering off again. She never did learn her lesson though because she would just go right back out into the woods no matter what. Her hair was in a tight braid that her adoptive sister had made this morning before breakfast. It was now loose and strands fell into her face. The girl, also known as Kyna, stopped for a moment to listen to the sounds of spring, but what she heard was nit what she was expecting. As she stood there quietly she heard the sound of a man groaning in pain. Hearing this she ran towards the noise ready to help.
When she found the man he was laying in the newly grown grass with cuts and bruises everywhere. She knew he was going to die but she went forward anyway not wanting him to die alone. "It's okay mister you're not alone anymore." She said kneeling down beside him and grabbing his hand. The man looked up at her with sad eyes. "Go you shan't stay here to see this." The old man whispered. Kyna shook her head stubbornly. "No I'm not going anywhere." She said looking into his stormy gray eyes. "Why? Why stay here when you know you can't do anything." He asked looking at her. "Because no one deserves to die alone without someone to hold their hand. To die without knowing someone does care, even if that someone is a stranger." Kyna said using her free hand to gently pull the leaves out of his hair. The old man smiled at her with what little strength he had.
Kyna's head turned as she heard Elrond's footsteps behind her. As soon as he saw the man he was at his side looking at him but Elrond knew as well there was nothing he could do. "Little one I have been looking for the right person for years now to inherit my powers." The man said. "For you see I am a wizard and because I have no kids I must pick a soul pure enough to take my powers, someone who will make good use of them, and I've found that person in you." He said. The bearded man used his magic to form a ring of silver that had a pearl set into the middle. Holding the pearl in place were two strands of diamond. "Take this ring and when you are of age you will become a wizard, and thank you for not leaving my side." He whispered as his last bit of life left him.
End Flashback*
Boromir was about to ask another question when Gandalf stood up drawing everyones attention. "Ahh it's that way." Gandalf said pointing to a pathway. "He's remembered." Merry said excitedly standing up. "No but the air doesn't smell so foul down here, when in doubt always follow your nose." Gandalf said as everyone gathered their stuff and followed him through the door. Everyone got into a line again and made their way after Gandalf. Kyna and Legolas walked next to each other this time slowly making their way through the rubble that was left of the once great mines.
They passed through the great realm of the dwarf city. There were ornately carved pillars everywhere in the gigantic hall. They walked on until Gimli spotted a room and went running off toward it. The company had no choice but to follow after him. Inside the room a single beam of light slid down to rest on a single tomb in the room. Gimli knelt in front of it crying slightly for the loss of his kin. "Here lies Balin, son of Houndin, Lord of Moria." Kyna read off the tomb. "He is dead then." Gandalf said. "It as as I feared." He whispered taking off his cap. It was then that he noticed the book that one of the dead dwarves were holding. Handing his hat and staff to Pippin he carefully picked it up. Gandalf started to read from the book about how the dwarves were attacked.
Everyones eyes snapped to Pippin as the head of the body he touched fell down a well, followed by the body its self. Pippin winced as it hit on the way down. "Fool of a Took." Gandalf exclaimed snapping the book shut. "Next time throw yourself down and rid us of you stupidity." He said angrily taking his stuff back from Pippin. They all looked at the well as they heard drum beats coming from somewhere below them. Frodo pulled his sword out of his sheath to show that it was glowing blue. "Orcs." Legolas said. Boromir ran to the door with Kyna right behind him. He looked out the door to see if any were coming and was pulled back by Kyna just in time for an arrow to miss his head. "Get back." Yelled Aragorn. "Stay close to Gandalf." He said pushing the hobbits back.
Kyna and Boromir quickly pushed the door shut. "They have a cave troll." Boromir informed as they leaned against the door. Kyna backed up towards Gandalf while Aragorn, Legolas and Boromir worked on barring the door. Everyone drew their swords ready to fight. As the first orcs started to poke through the door Legolas took aim at them shooting as they made cracks in the whole but then quickly put his bow back and drew his swords when the door caved in. The orcs swarmed into the chamber attacking the company members closest to them. Kyna was standing beside Gimli and took a deep breath as they started to come towards her.
With one smooth move of her blade she stabbed the first one in the chest. She then went against more and more as she worked to kill them off. A lot were coming after her thinking she was an easy kill, but boy were they wrong. Kyna ducked blows and did intricate blade maneuvers to kill her enemies. Until a very big orc came up to her. Their blades locked for a minute before she broke the connection and went to injure him. The orc dodged it and swung at her feet. Kyna jumped the blade before bringing her blade down and stabbing him in the chest while his guard was down. The fight was grueling, but it just got even worse when a couple of orcs led the cave troll in by a chain. Legolas was the first too shoot it, followed by Gimli throwing an Axe at it.
The rest stayed fighting off the orcs while the troll who had killed its controllers went after Legolas who had climbed onto a ledge in the room. The troll whipped his chain at him until it got wrapped around the pole Legolas was hiding behind. Making a quick decision Legolas ran up the chain and jumped onto the beasts shoulders. Drawing his bow he shot it in the head before jumping off of it. The troll then went after Merry, Frodo, and Pippin. The troll followed Frodo around a pole while Aragorn tried to fight his way to him. The troll grabbed Frodo by the foot but quickly let go when Frodo slashed him with his knife. The troll then went back at Frodo but Aragorn jumped down by Frodo and picked up a spear. Using as much strength as he could he stabbed the troll in the gut but the troll just pulled the spear out and smashed him into the wall.
Kyna gasped and tried to fight her way to her brother but there were to many orcs. The troll then took the spear and stabbed Frodo in the gut with it. Everything seemed to freeze for a minute before Merry and Pippin jumped on the troll attacking it. Pippin and Merry were soon thrown off and Gimli took their place jumping on the troll. The troll was finally brought down when Legolas shot him in the throat with three arrows killing it for good. Everyone then made their way over to where Frodo lay. Aragorn who had woken up pulled the spear out from where it was lodged and looked at Frodo. Everyone stood around staring in awe as Frodo took a deep breath and said he was fine. The mithril coat Bilbo had given him saved him from and early death. A weight seemed to rise from the company when they saw he was okay.
"To the bridge of Khazad Dum." Gandalf said quickly when he heard the sound of more orcs coming. They all raced out of the room running through the main city of Moria. They were followed by thousands of orcs and goblins. But it was to late, they soon came to a stop as they were surrounded. Kyna stood between Legolas and Aragorn, weapon drawn, ready to fight with all the strength she had. All of the goblins froze though when they heard a roar deep within the mines. They all scattered then when the sound resonated again. "What is this new devilry?" Boromir asked looking towards where the noise came from. "A Baulraug." Gandalf said looking down the hall. "A demon of the ancient world, this foe is beyond any of you, RUN." Gandalf said as everyone again took off running following closely behind Gandalf.
They made their way to the stairs that led to the bridge. Kyna looked at Gandalf wide eyed as he told Aragorn to lead them on, she knew something was definitely wrong. She shook it off though as they made their way as quickly as possibly down the stairs. They had made their way as far as possible until they came to a gap in the bridge. Legolas jumped over first, followed by Gandalf. Boromir then grabbed Merry and Pippin and jumped over with them, followed by Aragorn throwing Sam over and Gimli jumping over. Gimli just barely made it only being save by Legolas grabbing and pulling him up by the beard. Frodo, Aragorn and Kyna all had to jump farther up the stairs then as the front half crumbled beneath their feet.
They stood holding onto each other to make sure they didn't fall. It was then that a big chunk of rock from the top of the mines fell onto the stairs severing it from the rest and cracking the pillar making the stairs they were standing on very unstable. They all held on as they piece of stair began to sway. "Lean forward." Aragorn suddenly commanded as the stairs started to. The other listened and soon found themselves being thrown into the waiting arms of the rest of the company as the stairs crash into the still intact ones. The company was again on the run after that and quickly came upon the bridge.
Gandalf made everyone go in front of him before following after. Everyone carefully crossed the bridge and ran up the stairs. The company turned back though when they saw Gandalf facing the beast in the middle of the bridge. "You cannot pass." Gandalf said staring it down. "The dark power will not avail you flame of Udin." Gandalf yelled at the monstrosity. Kyna stood frozen next to Legolas gripping his hand tightly. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS." Gandalf screamed bringing his staff down to slam against the bridge. Everyone watched as the beast fell into the black chasm but not before it flicked his whip again and caught a hold of Gandalf, pulling him that he only held on by two hands. Kyna tried to rush forth at the same time Frodo did but was stopped when Legolas wrapped his arms around her holding her in place, while Boromir grabbed Frodo.
They watched in horror as Gandalf tried to climb back up on to the bridge but couldn't. The old wizard looked at the company with big blue eyes silently pleading with them to listen. "Fly you fools." was the last thing he uttered before he let go of the bridge and fell into darkness. "NOOOOOO." Frodo screamed as he was pulled out of the mines by Boromir. Kyna turned away from the bridge and ran too knowing it was what she had to do. Legolas ran right beside her their hands still intertwined. They only stopped once they were out of the mines and once again in the sun. But the sun was the last thing on their minds at that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay this is the end of the mines and i am ecstatic that I have two new subscribers. Ok well i would have posted this last night but my laptop was being retarded so I'm glad it is working now. Not to far till we start the second book/movie. Hope you are enjoying the story of course I won't no unless you comment and so far I only have one commentator who comments almost regularly and for that I thank you. Well until next time see ya.