Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

Reunited

After the Riders of Rohan rode out of sight the four friends mounted the horses and got ready to leave. Aragorn and Gimli rode on the brown horse that was given, while Kyna and Legolas rode on the white one. Kyna would have called to her horse Storm but something told her that the horse would not come to any call at this moment in time. So she hopped on behind Legolas. After everyone was on the horses and they were comfortable they made their way to the smoldering pile across the plains. Everyone was heavy hearted as they went along. Scared of what they might find and scared that there may be nothing left to find. Kyna was especially somber during the journey; feeling as if this was all her fault for not being able to protect her friends like she should have been. But Kyna knew that it was not her fault so she pushed those thoughts aside and instead wrapped her arms around Legolas' waist, resting her head on his shoulder.
All too soon they reached the pile and jumped off their horses. An orcs head that was scoured on a spear showed that victory went to Rohan for their deaths. The four went and looked around trying to find any sign of the wee hobbits. Gimli who was rooting through the pile of burning orcs all of a sudden turned to the rest of the company. In his hand he held a small belt, one that used to reside around the waist of one of the hobbits. "It's one of their wee belts." He said softly looking at the other three. Legolas closed his eyes and whispered a solemn elven prayer. Aragorn screamed out as he kicked a discarded helmet, before dropping to his knees on the blood soaked battle field. Kyna stood still as a statue watching her three companions.
"We've failed them." Gimli whispered. Kyna watched as her brother studied the ground before looking at a particular spot. "A hobbit lay here," He stated. "And the other." He said pointing to a spot not far off from the first. "They crawled." Aragorn explained following the path they had made the night before. "Their hands were bound." Aragorn said studying the marks made from their crawl. He walked off until he again stopped stooping down to pick up a length of rope from the ground. "Their bonds were cut." He said looking at the clean cut ends of the rope. He followed a path through the battle field. Legolas, Gimli, and Kyna followed close behind their companion hoping for good news. "The tracks lead away from the battle." Aragorn said now running as he followed the path. All of a sudden he stopped looking straight ahead. "And into Fanghorn Forest." Aragorn said looking at forest nervously. "What madness drove them in their?" Gimli asked standing behind Aragorn and Legolas.
The group looked at each other before Kyna walked into the forest, the rest of them followed the brunette closely. Their hands never left their weapons as they walked through the ominous forest. They proceeded deeper into the woods until Gimli stopped by a plant. The dwarf stuck his fingers in a black substance on a leave before tasting it. As soon as it touched his lips he spit it out again. "Orc Blood." He stated before moving back towards the others. Kyna nodded as they jumped a small river and continued down the path into the woods. Aragorn ran forward before stopping at a large imprinting in the ground. "These are strange tracks." He said once again studying the ground like the ranger he was trained to be. "The air is so close in here." Gimli stated walking a little bit behind the group. "This forest is old." Kyna stated resting her hand lightly on one of the trees. "Very old." Legolas added. "Full of memory and anger." He continued looking around.
Kyna could feel the anger flowing through the tree she had her hand on and she slowly retracted her hand so that it once again rested by her side. Gimli drew his axe quickly and waved it around as he looked around quickly. "The trees are speaking to each other." Legolas explained. "Gimli, lower your axe." Aragorn ordered. Gimli slowly lowered his axe and the forest again went back to the quiet it had been. They continued on until Legolas spoke. "Aragorn, something’s out there." Legolas said in elvish. Kyna looked up from her place helping Gimli to where her brother stood by Legolas. The two quickly approached as they heard Legolas state "The white wizard approaches." Everyone seemed to freeze a little as they heard this before looking to Aragorn for directions. "Don not let him speak he will put a spell on us." Aragorn whispered drawing his sword slowly. "We must be quick." Aragorn said as they all spun around. Gimli threw an axe at it which was easily blocked along with Legolas' arrow. Kyna summoned her magic throwing a small ball of energy toward the wizard which was also easily blocked, Aragorn was forced to drop his weapon as it burned red hot.
"You are tracking the footsteps of two young hobbits" The person standing inside a blinding light stated. "Where are they?" Aragorn demanded. "They passed this way the day before yesterday." The wizard explained. "They met someone they did not expect, does that comfort you?" The being asked. "Who are you?" Aragorn asked as the light slowly started to fade. Standing before them was Gandalf. The old wizard was no longer grey but bore white hair and beard along with pure white robes and a white staff. "It cannot be." Kyna said looking at him. "You fell." Aragorn whispered standing by his sister. "Through fire and water, from the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought him, the Baulrog of Morcath. Until at last I threw down my enemy and smout his ruin on the mountain side." Gandalf explained. "Darkness claimed me and I strayed out of thought and time, stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life age of the earth, but it was not the end. I felt life in me again. "I've been sent back until my task is done. "Gandalf." Kyna whispered. "Gandalf?" He questioned. "Yes that is what they used to call me." Gandalf said remembering. "Gandalf the grey that was my name, I am Gandalf the white, and I come back to you now at the turn of the tide." He said looking at Aragorn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the update and I know I'm posting it today instead of tommorrow and that is becuase I am busy tomorrow so enjoy and I hope you like it.