Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

The Battle of the Hornburg

Everyone stood still in their positions in the Hornburg. The silence was tense enough for someone to cut a hole in it. It was the final deep breath before the battle would begin. Kyna stood on one side of Gimli, while Legolas stood on the other. The looked over the carved stone toward the fields as the army of Isenguard slowly made its way towards them. "You could have picked a better spot." Gimli complained trying to see what was going on over the edge of the battlement. However, dwarves aren't the tallest creatures in Middle Earth and he couldn't see past the stone in front of him. Legolas smiled slightly while he kept his eyes trained on the approaching army.
The sound of footsteps alerted the three to the presence of Aragorn whom came to a stop behind Gimli. Gimli turned his head slightly so that he was looking up at Aragorn. "Well lad, by the luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night." Gimli stated turning back to the wall in front of him. "Your friends are with you Aragorn." Legolas whispered after a crack of lightning resounded through the battlement. "Let's hope they last the night." Gimli said looking over at Legolas and then to Aragorn and Kyna. Aragorn rested his hand on Kyna and Legolas' shoulders for a brief moment before turning and head back to where he would be commanding the elven forces.
Thunder once again resonated from the walls of the surrounding rock before the first splatter of a rain drop was heard on the armor of one of the soldiers. One drop followed the other and it was soon pouring down upon the armies that were both settling into position. It was almost as if mother nature was interpreting the feelings of all the soldiers who had been pulled into this fight. The fear wafted through them and increased with every step the enemy took until they orcs came to a stop below them on the muddy field. Kyna could only imagine what was going on down in the catacombs where the people of the city were hiding. The fear they were feeling, not knowing any of what was going on.
"Show them no mercy." Aragorn called in elven. "For you shall receive none." He finished as he walked behind the archers. "What's happening out there?" Gimli asked trying to jump up and see over the wall. "Shall I describe it to you?" Legolas asked. "Or would you like me to find you a box?" He asked looking down at Gimli who laughed up at him. An orc scream was then heard, followed by the sound of spears hitting against the muddy rock below the Hornburg. All of Théoden’s men drew their bows and pointed them down towards where the orcs stood. Everything froze and became quiet when the twang of an arrow being released was heard.
An orc in the front of the line was hit right in the neck and slumped forward, landing dead on the ground. That was the final moment that drew the orcs to send forth their army and attack. "Prepare to fire." Aragorn called in elvish as the orcs rushed towards the wall. "Their armor is weak at the neck, and below the arms." Legolas said to Kyna as she took a deep breath and steadied her bow. "Release arrows." Aragorn commanded in elvish. His regimen released their arrows killing many of the orcs in the front line. "Did they hit anything?" Gimli asked which gained him a snort from the brunette beside him. Théoden’s army then released their arrows while Aragorn instructed the elves to open fire.
"Send them to me, come on." Gimli shouted while Legolas and Kyna were shooting arrows as fast as they could. Kyna quickly replaced the bow on her shoulder as she heard her brothers call. She then drew her hand crafted sword and got ready for a fight. A ladder was heaved up right in front of Gimli and the first orc was brought down by his axe. Kyna turned to her left where another ladder was and shot her blade out. It plunged deep into the orc before she pulled it back out and started fighting the orcs that were swarming up the ladders after them.
Kyna clashed her sword against one of the orcs and fought back hard. Every parry and thrust made by each opponent was blocked by each other. They were in a deadlock when Kyna was stuck in the back by a soldier who had just been shot by an arrow. She lost her footing and was soon thrown to the ground by the orc. Thinking quickly she grabbed the small dagger out of her boot and flung it straight into the orcs neck. The orc spluttered and fell forward onto the brunette, trapping her underneath the putrid creature. "Gimli, Legolas, a little help?" She called trying to get out from under the thing.
Legolas quickly came over and pushed the thing off her before helping her up and looking her over. "I'm fine, now go beat Gimli." She stated pulling her dagger out of the orc and replacing it in her boot. Legolas nodded before turning and getting back to work. Kyna continued to pick off orcs one by one until she froze when she heard the sound of yells and an explosion. Kyna killed the orc in front of her and turned around just in time to see Gimli jump down to where Aragorn was lying motionless in the mud. Kyna froze up for a minute before she once again started to fight as she made her way toward him.
Orcs started to make their way into the wall only to be shot down and attacked by the elves. Legolas was the next one to go down to the hole by riding a shield down to the ground and impaling one of the orcs with it. In any other circumstances Kyna would have yelled about him being a show-off but right now she was too busy fighting off the orcs that were still climbing up the ladders at them. Kyna breathed a sigh of relief when they were called to return to the keep. Her strength was waning fast. Kyna was just turning to make her way there when she saw Haldir get stabbed by an Orc.
Kyna bolted to his side and go there the same time Aragorn did. Aragorn caught him before he hit the ground and held him. Kyna grabbed a hold of his hand and squeezed it slightly to show he was not alone. Whether he felt it or not, she had no idea, but when his head hit Aragorn's shoulder, he was gone. While Aragorn started attacking and trying to avenge Haldir. Kyna made her way to where Legolas was standing picking off orcs. Kyna put her sword away and drew her bow so that she could help them.
Kyna looked down to see Aragorn and Gimli fighting off orcs in front of the main door and showed Legolas where they were. Legolas disappeared for a moment before running back up and jumping on the wall with a rope. "Aragorn!" He called as he threw the rope down to him. Aragorn grabbed the rope and Gimli while Legolas, Kyna, and other soldiers helped to pull them up. As soon as they were over the wall they made their way into the keep to see what their next move should be. After all, this battle was far from over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in so long but i have been busy baby sitting all the time right now. Hope you enjoy this entry and did you know this story is almost finished? Yeah I know I can't beleive it either. But I am thinking about writing another LOTR story after I finish a certain amount of my Harry Potter story. So tell me if you think I should write another LOTR story in a comment and also tell me what you think. If I get five comments I will post another chapter tomorrow. So Enjoy my readers, enjoy.