Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

Hail the Dead

The night after the group was all settled back in Edoras a ceremony was held. Everyone gathered inside the Great Hall and sat on benches that had been brought in for the occasion. Kyna sat by her brother while everyone filed in and got ready. Legolas sat on her other side with Gimli right next to him. Theoden along with Eomer had taken their places at the front of the hall and watched as everyone found their seats.
Once everyone was seated Theoden stood up causing the rest of the hall to follow his example. After everyone was standing Theoden began to speak. "Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country." Theoden said holding up his goblet in hand. "Hail the victorious dead." He pronounced before everyone took a drink from their mugs. Kyna's was filled with water because of her not being the type to drink. She saw the moment hesitation before her brother drank from his mug and sighed softly.
She knew that he was thinking about Haldir. Kyna had been as well. Haldir was one of her first true friends when she first stepped into the Golden wood. They had always told each other everything and now he was gone. His laughter would no longer fill the Golden Meadows that they used to lie in, once upon a time. His smiling face would no longer be the first thing she was greeted with when she entered into her second home. She had lost more than an ally when he died. She lost a piece of her heart that was saved just for the blonde haired warrior.
After she broke out of her reverie she went to where the others had settled down at a table. The hall was then filled with merry laughter and celebrating as they feasted and praised the win they had found. Kyna sat next to Legolas while Gimli sat across from them. Legolas wrapped one of his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to his side as they sat there. The action caused the brunette to smile softly. Gimli rolled his eyes as he watched them. "Oh just kiss already and be done with it." He grumbled. Kyna laughed before sharing a chaste kiss with Legolas causing the surrounding men to wolf whistle.
Kyna broke away from Legolas still laughing. Her eyes shining with a mirth that had long ago been lost. After they were done causing a scene she leaned her head on Legolas' shoulder and closed her eyes for a little while. So much had happened and she had no idea what to do. For the first time in how long she felt lost. But as Legolas' arm tightened around her waist and a kiss was placed on her head all of her insecurities at the current moment melted away. Soon the smell of alcohol became too much for her and she sat up, pulling away from Legolas. "I'm gonna go get some fresh air." Kyna whispered to him. "I'll come with you." He said standing up and saying goodbye to his companions before following the girl out.
Once outside Kyna walked to and abandoned section of wall and leaned against it. The cool breeze of the night wrapped around her and pulled her hair out of its braid. She leaned back into a warm embrace when she felt Legolas wrap his arms around her. Legolas' arms rested over Kyna's on her stomach. For one glorious moment in the middle of this big war that could be the death of them Kyna felt a peace she had never known before.
♠ ♠ ♠
One of my favorite quotes for this part of the movie. "What does you heart tell you?" I love that part and I hope to update again either tonight or tomorrow because I am loaning my laptop out to my aunt for a while because hers broke and she has important stuff that needs to get done so I may or may not update again next weekend. I am unsure yet if I will be able to or not. If I have to I will use my grandmother's dinosaur of a computer to update. Until then. See ya!!!!!