Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

A Look into My World

We set out the next morning as dawns first light started to spill on to the dew-ed grass sending tendrils of sparkles dancing against there feet. I smiled to myself as i hurried along side of Gandalf who kept a quick pace and a wistful eye on the surroundings. All the hobbits were still asleep so it was quiet for the Shire and all that could be heard was the calming flow of the rivers that run through the shire and the calls of nature. The silence was only broken by Gandalf's strong but weathered voice telling Sam to keep up with his long strides.
We walked along the old worn path of the road for a while. My thoughts as usual was anywhere and everywhere and I found myself thinking of the dirt we were trodden on. Found myself thinking about how these little pebbles we were crushing beneath our feet could tell you everything about Middle-Earth, about how wise they were. That thought got me thinking about Lord Elrond, the only person besides Gandalf my brother and the hobbits that saw me as more then just a maiden. I smiled as we turned from the road and into the fern covered forest off of the road.
With one last wistful glance over my shoulder at the dirt we had left stirring in the wind I left my thoughts to the warm welcoming breeze that slid over us as we walked a good ways into the forest before Gandalf stopped and looked at us. "The enemies have many spies in his service" Gandalf Explained before looking at Fro do. "Is it safe?" He asked. Frodo's hand rested for a moment on his breast pocket. "Never put it on." I said standing by Gandalf. "For the agents of the dark lord will be drawn to it." I finished. "Always remember Frodo the ring is trying to get back to its master, it wants to be found." Gandalf said before mounting his horse and taking off with his cloak billowing rapidly with the force of his gallop.
Frodo looked around at the woods before leading off in the direction that lead out of the Shire. We walked a long while in silence until it started to become awkward and i knew I had to break it. So as we started over the fields of golden grain that were shining in the sun i decided to voice one of the thoughts that popped into my head. "It is amazing how a seed no bigger then the tip of a quill can grow into the grain around us." I said and laughed quietly when Sam and Frodo looked at me. "It is amazing how some of the wisest things I know come from your head." Sam said which caused us to burst out into laughter.
This made the time go much faster and we soon came upon a scarecrow that stood alone in a field trying to protect what it was made for. This made me think of me and how I felt like this lone scarecrow. Trying to protect those I care most about but getting look down on because I am a woman and not a noble valiant man. I was pulled out of my thoughts as Sam started speaking. "This is it." He said causing me and Frodo to stop and look at him. "This is what." I asked. "If I take another step" he said."this will be the farthest away from home I've ever been." He explained. I smiled at him as Frodo walked back to him and ushered him forward.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter is to show you and tell you more about the main character and what her view of the world is