Status: Active!!!! updating every weekend

Of Elves and Sisters

Passage to Bree

I watched the hobbits quickly picked the mushrooms and shoved them into an old brown sack. It was then that I noticed that we were standing on the main road, but I wasn't the only one to notice. "I think we should get off the road." Frodo said looking down the road. I looked down to feeling that unusual pinch of darkness in my heart. "Merry, Sam, Pippin come on." I said walking over to them. All the while keeping my eye on Frodo. The hobbits weren't paying attention till Frodo yelled at them to get of the road now and the panic in his voice seemed to jump them out of there daze.
We all ran to the edge of the road and jumped down hiding underneath the confines of the tree roots. We all pressed back tight against so that no part of us were sticking out. I felt weird doing this when I could just fight, but if it was what i thought it was, it was best to hide. We all stayed quiet as we heard the gallop of hooves come close and stop right above our heads causing us all to hold our breath. It felt like all the hope was being pulled from my body. I resisted the urge to jump up when all the bugs and insects that lived in the tree started crawling out to get away.
I heard the rider of the horse jump of and I silently prayed to the elven star to help us get out of this with our lives still in tact. I could fight if it came to that but i had no idea how long I could last against a wraith. I shuddered and looked at the other hobbits who look even more scare then i was. Then we saw the cold metal of a protected hand grip the roots and sniff as if it could find the ring like that. I watched as Frodo pulled out of the ring and was going to put the ring on when Sam grabbed his hand. Then Pippin got a bright idea which I have to thank him for later, but he threw his bag of newly collected mushrooms and we all bolted when the thing above us went after the bag.
We ran quickly through the woods trying to keep away from the rider. "Wait wait." Merry said and I turned to look at him. "That black rider was looking for someone or something." Merry stated looking at all of us. "Frodo?" He asked. "We need to get out of here Frodo Sam and I must leave the Shire." I stated resting a hand on Frodo's shoulder. "Buckleberry Ferry." Pippin stated. We all nodded to each other and took off toward the river so we could get out of here.
We were almost there when the black rider jumped out in front of us separating Frodo form the rest of the group. I ducked and rolled underneath the riders horse. Standing on the other side I grabbed Frodo's hand and pulled him pushing him in front of me as we raced toward the dock. The rider was hot on our trail when we got to the end of the dock and I threw Frodo onto the platform before jumping on myself. The black rider froze at the end of the dock and his horse reared up in aggravation. "Where's the nearest ford?" Frodo asked. "Brandywine twenty miles." He said as the other black riders ran past the dock while we floated away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I know this is short but I saw I had a new subscriber and had to update it because subscribers make me happy and me happy=more updates. comments are love subscriptions are pride and messages are a gateway