The Sneaky Snake

xoxox

Long ago, very far from here, there was a garden. It had every plant imaginable. Roses, Pine trees, even the prickly ones like holly and cactus's.
It was a very special garden. In fact, it wasn't really a garden. It was too big to be a garden. It was more like a very small town.
But for a garden it was big, beautiful, and in that 'garden' lived two people. Two very special people. They were the first people to ever exist.
God made them in his image, and gave them the world. God loved them very, very much.
Their name's, were Adam and Eve.

God gave them control of Eden, and told them they could eat from any tree in the garden, except for one. This was a very bad tree.
In all the wonderful creatures god created, he also created the snake. But the snake was very sneaky.

One day while Eve was out walking and enjoying God's special garden, she met the sneaky snake. The snake slid closer to her, and climbed a nearby tree.
"Has God told you that you can eat the fruit from all the trees?" Asked the snake, softly.

"God has told us that we can eat from any tree, except for one. It's the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." Said Eve.

"Oh come now, that's silly! I hardly think such a lovely fruit would do you any harm," the sneaky snake lied. "God knows that if you eat from The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil you'll become just like God, and will be able to decide for yourself what is right and what is wrong."

Even looked over at the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, and saw how tasty the fruit looked. She also thought how wonderful it would be to be as wise and powerful as God. She believed the serpent's lie and ate the fruit.

After she ate some, she hurried home and gave a piece to Adam. After eating the fruit, she had become sneaky just like the snake, and convinced Adam to eat some as well.

As soon as they ate the fruit a change came over Adam and Eve. They became unhappy and fearful of God. And they suddenly realized they were naked. Feeling ashamed, they made some clothes from leaves, and hid from God. But God knew where they were, and asked them why they had disobeyed him.

But neither Adam nor Eve would take responsibility for their actions, and blamed it on each other. God was very sad, and told Adam and Eve to leave The Garden of Eden forever. But even through all of this, God loved Adam and Eve.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is pretty much a rough draft. It's a children's book I'm writing. (: