Status: Pretty much not writing any more of this

The Girl From Durmstrang

Chapter 14: The Dementors and the Pain

The train whistled loudly, jolting me from my deep slumber. I noticed the train was pulling into a station; the sounds around me were dulled as I gathered my things and walked in a daze with Ron and Harry. The ride to the Burrow was a blur, but when my head hit the pillow in my bed, the world came crashing down.

The next few days I didn’t leave my bed, but soon after the fourth or fifth day Ron and Ginny forced me out of bed. Over the course of the summer I had begun to recuperate, I began training again with Igor; he had been kind enough to travel so far so as to see that I don’t become weak when I transfer schools. I hadn’t spoken with Viktor since he was traveling always and never had any free time. The twins and I had become kindred spirits, our mischievous way combined had brought along a new strand of tricks and joke toys, plus a few groundings for explosions and whatnot.

Summer was beginning to end, the days were getting colder, the winds and storms came more often. It had just turned August; I stepped outside alone and took a walk in the field. A sudden coldness overtook my body, and just what had happened last year was beginning all over again; except this time, the images were different. Harry and an ugly boy were running from the strange darkening clouds, the ground began to freeze over and the lights flickered. Dementors. The pain shot throughout my body as harry and the ugly boy were attacked, my screams filled the air, and just as quickly as the vision began, it ended. But the pain stayed as my screams became more apparent and painful. I could see the Weasley’s rushing about trying to find the source of my pain, then darkness.

I awoke again in a hospital bed, St. Mungo’s probably. My head was aching and my body felt as though it had been ripped apart, I could hear voices outside of my door.

“What do you mean you don’t know what’s wrong with her?! She’s practically in a coma for Merlin’s sake!” yelled a voice.

“”I’m sorry ma’am, but we can’t find a source of the pain. There were no spells, charms, bewitchments or anything put on her to make her that way. We’re bringing in a specialist to see if it’s being caused by her own magic. I’m sorry but you’ll have to wait until then.” Said another voice calmly, probably a doctor or something. A specialist? Could it be that bad?

For the first time in a while, I was genuinely scared. What if my powers were backfiring on me? Would they have to bind my magic? Would I live? The thoughts swirled around y head as I tried to comprehend what was going on. I was pulled from my thoughts when Mrs. Weasley walked in the room and saw I was awake.

“Thank goodness you’re awake” she cried and embraced my figure. I hugged her back, she was y second mother, someone who loved and cared for me no matter what. I yearned for my own mother’s embrace, hoping she was alright along with my father. I miss them so much.

“When will the specialist come?” I whispered through my sore and hoarse voice, the screaming had left my throat a bit more damaged than usual.

“Oh dearie,” she smiled at me with tears in her eyes, “He’ll be here in an hour. But don’t worry, everything will be just fine.” She said as she kissed my forehead.

“Alright, maum” my thick accent hindered me from saying the term of endearment, but she understood me just as well.

“Now rest, you’ll need to be in a better shape for when he comes to check you out” she said as she stroked my wavy hair, her soothing touch lulled me to sleep. When I awoke again there was a man talking to Mrs. Weasley in a hushed voice.

All I could pick up was “Okay….. Fine…. Powers…. Coming…. Painful every time.” I was confused as to what they were talking about, so I cleared my throat loudly.

“Ahem” I managed to get out, the both turned and looked to my conscious figure.

“Oh good, you’re awake finally. I can give you the answers you’ve needed” said the tall, lanky British man. His brown eyes stood out against his pale skin and dark hair, the held a great wisdom and age in them. He sat on the chair next to my hospital bed and cleared his throat.

“The reason for the pains, the visions that come and go the strange dreams and sight…. Is all caused by your full magic abilities finally coming to you. You come from a line of seers, and although there haven’t been many in the past few generations, you somehow gained the powers” I sat there in shock, I'd never told anyone of my dreams or the visions I've been having; I didn’t even know my own family history. I was a seer? So what I was seeing was actually happening, right at that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took me a while to write this, and yes i am still writing more chapters :P i would really love some comments to help e write. that's why i haven't in so long, i have gotten 0 comments from anyone :( please please please i'm begging you all! comment? you don't need to subscribe or anything, i just love your guys' thoughts on everything!!!