Status: new story...tell me what you think!

After All This Time

10.

James, Sirius, and Peter were coming down from their Divination class when they saw Severus Snape standing in one of the windows.

“What you watching, Snivellus?” Sirius barked.

“Yeah, Snivellus?” Peter fired.

Snape turned to them, giving them all a look. “You lot know what I’m looking for.” He sneered.

James rolled his eyes. “Sniv, we can’t give you our talent and good looks.” He joked.

Snape came down and charged at them. “He’s a werewolf, isn’t he?”

The three boys paled.

“You don’t know that.” Peter squealed. James smacked him.

“Shove off, Snape, and mind your own business.” James sneered, pushing Peter away. “Come on, Sirius.”

Sirius hung back for a second. “Hey Sniv, if you really want to find out, come down to the
Whomping Willow tonight. You’ll figure out.” He said slyly, walking away. He knew Severus could be hurt, but figured the bloke deserved it.

*~*~*~*

James, Sirius, and Peter were walking down to the Whomping Willow together in their animagus forms. They could communicate-the one thing they’d learned was that animals had their own sense of communicating with each other.

“So I told Snivellus to meet up with the willow.” Sirius barked. “This should be a fun show.”

James shot his head towards Sirius. “Are you kidding?” he asked. “He could get hurt!”

Peter rolled his eyes. “What do you care?”

“He’s Lily’s best friend; knowing her, she’ll blame me for it!” he groaned.

Suddenly, the group turned. They saw Snape, tripping over his robes, trying to get to the willow tree.

“There we are boys, little desperate.” Sirius snickered.

James decided to canter towards Snape. It seemed to have the opposite effect, however, as Snape yelled and tripped. The willow sensed his presence and started thrashing.

“No!” James bellowed, coming out of his form. He ran at Snape, trying to grab him.

“Peter!” Sirius yelled. He came out of his form as well. “Get to the tree!”

Sirius saw Peter squiggling through the grass, trying to reach the tree. James was trying to pull Snape, but the two of them got thrown by the willow. The two were thrown to the grass; James was sputtering blood and Snape was bruised and cut.

“You complete arse! Why can’t you just mind your own damn business?!” James screamed.

“Lupin…he’s…” Snape muttered.

“He’s a damn bloody werewolf, you arse, is that all you wanted to know?” James yelled.

Snape turned white, and passed out.

“Bloody arse…Sirius, call someone! Peter, go to Moony, make sure he’s okay.” James spat. “Tell him we can’t make it tonight, and then get back up to the dorm room as fast as you can. McGonagall is going to be looking for us.”

Sirius and James went back to their original forms as Peter took off. They both held Snape, walking back to the castle.

“You complete arse…you could’ve killed him!” James snarled.

“It wasn’t like I planned a homicide, okay? I just wanted to trick the bastard.” Sirius fired back.
The two got up to the castle and ran into the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey jumped.

“Heavens! What happened?!” she shrieked.

“He tried to go to Lupin in the Whomping Willow.” James wheezed. She was probably shocked due to the blood and scratches all over James and Snape.

“Oh my goodness…and what are you two doing out there?” she asked.

The boys had no answer.

*~*~*~*

Within minutes, Minerva McGonagall was in the hospital wing, shrieking at the two.

“I’ve just checked on Pettigrew; he’s fast asleep. Now tell me what you two were doing out there.” She asked sharply.

James opened his mouth to tell her the truth, but Sirius cut him off.

“I told him as a joke…and James went to save him. I followed. I’m sorry.” Sirius said, hanging his head.

James stared at his friend, awestruck that he would do that.

“You could’ve died! He could’ve been bitten!” McGonagall shrieked. “Fifty points from Gryffindor. You’re lucky it’s not five hundred!” she said, pursing her lips and looking to Snape, who was still out cold.

“And fifty points from Slytherin, for Mr. Snape’s reckless behavior. I’ll be speaking to him in the morning. Up to bed, you two.”

After being checked by Madam Pomfrey, the two set up for bed.

“I’m sorry.” Sirius said, biting his lip.
“I know.” James sighed. “But you can’t do this stupid shit, Sirius. We could’ve all gotten killed.”

Sirius nodded. “I know…and I really am sorry.” He said, on the verge.

James put his arm around him. “Let’s go to bed.”
♠ ♠ ♠
aw, bro-ship. something I will never understand.