Status: new story...tell me what you think!

After All This Time

1.

“Bye Mummy, bye Daddy! Bye Petunia!” Lily Evans hollered from the window of the Hogwarts express. Her parents waved goodbye as Petunia shot her a nasty look and sulked in the back. As the train pulled away, Lily sat down next to Severus.

“Are you excited?” she asked him, smoothing down her red hair.

Severus grinned. “I’ve got loads planned for this year…I’ve been thinking up spells all summer.”

Lily shot him a look. “Now don’t forget, this year we’re going to hang out way more than we did last year.” She said. “We hardly ever saw each other…you were always with those friends of yours.” She said, wrinkling her nose.

Severus’s smile disappeared. “Don’t get into it, Lily. Anyway, we’ve got a ton of time before we get to Hogwarts; what do you want to do?” he asked.

Before Lily could answer, the door opened. It was Severus’s little group of friends.

“Oi, Sev, come with us.” Mulciber said. He looked down at Lily with a sour gaze. “Evans.”

She gave the two boys stony looks. “Mulciber…Avery.” She nodded.

“Just a minute.” Severus said. When the boys left, he got up. “I have to go.”

“Severus…” Lily started.

Severus gave her a look. “Don’t get into it, Lil. I’ll see you later.” He said, taking his rucksack and things. When out in the corridor, he followed his friends to another cabin, where she presumed his Slytherin lot were hanging.

Just minutes after she had cracked open a book, the door slid open. “Lily!”
Lily smiled, recognizing the voices of her two best friends, Mary MacDonald and Marlene McKinnon. Alice Palvin, another one of their friends and their roommate. They were the four Gryffindor fifth year girls; their other roommate had transferred to the Salem Witches Institute.
Along with the three girls came the Marauders-Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and worst of all, James Potter. They were the cocky group of fifth year Gryffindor boys that made school a living hell. Lily could think of at least twenty situations where the Marauders had gotten Anton Seymour, their prefect in first year, in trouble with McGonagall for not being able to control them.

“Mind if we sit here?” Sirius asked, sliding into the seat across from Lily.

“Yes, but you’re already sitting, so stay.” She said gruffly. Mary, Marlene, and Alice sat down
next to her.

“Fifth year…can you believe it, in three years we’re going to be done with Hogwarts!” Mary squealed. “It’s all ending so fast.” She said sadly.

“You’ll still be seeing me then, won’t you MacDonald?” Sirius said, smirking. Mary’s face flushed; Lily knew Mary had a crush on Sirius. From what she heard, Sirius had a thing for her as well.

“When are we supposed to do patrol, Remus?” Lily asked, breaking the idle chatter.

Remus Lupin looked up, as if he had just remembered he was a prefect. “Oh! Right…Johnson and Prewett are on duty right now; I suppose we’ll take it after them in an hour.”

Lily smiled. Remus Lupin was the only one out of that group of hooligans that she actually somewhat liked. He was smart and kind, unlike his cruel friends. She didn’t understand how he could hang out with a lot like them. It reminded her of Severus.

“So, Evans, planning on going to any Quidditch games this year?” James Potter asked, flicking his hair and leaning in.

Lily scoffed. “Well, I was, but then I remembered that you were going to be there.”

James playfully winced. “Ouch, Evans, you’ve wounded me.”

Lily laughed sarcastically. “Why don’t you just find one of the twenty girls who follow you around school religiously and flip your hair around them?”

James grinned again. “They’re not nearly half as fun as teasing you, Evans.”

“The sexual tension is getting too much for me to handle.” Mary teased. Alice chuckled.

“The first trip to Hogsmeade is coming up next weekend, we can pair up.” Sirius offered.
“MacDonald?”

Mary blushed. “Sure.”

Sirius grinned. “Great…then Marlene can go with Remus, Alice with Pete, and Lily and James.”

Lily snorted. “As if.”

Alice looked to Peter. “I’m sorry Peter, but I’m going with Frank Longbottom. He just asked me when we got on the train.”

Mary squealed. “Really?” she asked. “He’s a sixth year, isn’t he?”

Alice nodded, bubbly once more. “Yeah, we’ve been writing each other over the summer and he wants to hang out.”

Marlene grinned. “That’s so cute.”

James stared at Lily. “Evans, why not?”

“Why not what?” she asked.

James shrugged. “Why not come with me to Hogsmeade? It’ll be a fun time.”

Lily rolled her eyes. “I’d rather eat a nest of doxies before going on a date with you, Potter.”

Unbeknownst to her, Severus was watching the group. He had returned to collect his books, which he had left with Lily. When he saw the lively group of Gryffindors sitting in the cabin, he froze.

She looked happy. Plus, that James Potter kid seemed pretty happy to be sitting with her.

It wasn’t fair.
♠ ♠ ♠
after searching for hours, i found the perfect teenage Lily Evans(:
While I love Geraldine Somerville's portrayal of Lily Potter, I always thought she was too old. Lily was supposed to be in her twenties when she died. Anyway, Geraldine is Irish, so I thought of some Irish actresses...which made me come up with Sarah Bolger. She has the same eyes as DanRad, so it kind of fit together. With the magic of editing, I turned her hair ginger, and voila, we have an age-correct Lily Potter (Sarah is twenty.).