Status: new story...tell me what you think!

After All This Time

2.

After an hour, the cabin door opened. Prewett stuck his head in. “Lupin, Evans, it’s your turn for duty.” He said.

Lily looked to Remus, who sighed. He had just gotten comfortable on the seat.

“We’ll be back in a little bit.” Lily assured her friends, who went back to their idle chatter.

Remus nodded to his friends, who all began a game of exploding snap.

When the door shut, Lily and Remus started walking to the first cabin, where most of the first years had crammed themselves. “Are you excited to be going back?” Lily asked Remus.

Remus nodded. “I’m always happy to be at school. I like it.”

Lily smiled warmly. “Me too. Plus, I don’t have to deal with my sister.” She shuddered.

Remus laughed. “And how is your sister? You talk about her so much, she’s quite famous.”

Lily rolled her eyes. “Yet again, she never fails to call me a freak.”

Remus gave her a sad look. “She really shouldn’t, you’re brilliant.”

Lily smiled. “It’s okay. Besides, who cares what she thinks?”

Remus gave her another look. “She’s your sister. You’ll always care.”

Lily sighed. “You’re right…but let’s not think about Petunia.”

Remus smiled. “So, how were your holidays?”

Lily shrugged. “Boring, really. Mum and Dad just wanted to listen to stories about school the whole time. Petunia was never home; she was always at her friends’ houses or working. We did spend a week in France though. How about you?”

Remus shrugged. “Pretty much the same old…I stayed at home for a while, did nothing. I did go to James’s place for two weeks.”

Lily scoffed. “He’s disgusting.”

Remus shook his head. “He’s not that bad, Lily. He’s just…”

Lily rolled her eyes. “He’s arrogant.”

Remus chuckled. “He is arrogant, but there are good parts of him as well. He’s the most loyal friend, aside from Sirius, I’ve ever had.”

Lily opened the door leading to the first coach. “When he matures a bit, we’ll talk.”

The two of them walked into the first coach, which most of the incoming first years sat in. Lily and Remus looked in each cabin to introduce themselves, asking the first years if they were alright, if they were hungry, or if they had any problems.

It wasn’t until they got to the very first cabin of the coach. The windows were blacked out and they heard whimpering. Remus tugged the door to open it, but it was stuck.

“Honestly, Remus, you’re a wizard…Alohomora!” she chanted.

The door whipped open, and the black veil disappeared. She saw three first years whimpering; one was held by the collar by Mulciber. Avery and Severus were sitting in the seats, snickering. However, all snickering stopped when Lily and Remus came in.

“Bugger off, Evans.” Mulciber said.

Lily ignored Mulciber and stared at Severus. “First years…they’re just children.” She said, her voice crackling a little.

“Put him down.” Remus growled. Lily turned, noticing the animalistic tone in his voice. His wand was pointed at Mulciber’s neck.

“Having a problem, are we?” asked a husky voice. Lily gasped; Evan Rosier, a seventh year, had his wand pressed to Remus’s neck.

“If you’re smart, you’ll put that down.” Rosier gasped out. Severus pulled Lily out of their vicinity, much to her annoyance. She pulled her arm away from him and gave him a seething look. She tugged the first year out of Mulciber’s hands and shielded the children.

“Lower your wand.” Rosier yelled.

Suddenly, Rosier’s eyes widened. They went hazy. All of a sudden, James Potter’s head appeared out of nowhere. “Well that was funny.” He chortled, as Rosier’s body sank to the floor.

Mulciber, enraged, shot a hex at James. James quickly deflected it. “Now, that wasn’t polite.” He said sarcastically. He shot a spell at him, which stunned Mulciber.

“Get out!” Remus yelled at the Slytherins. “And take your friends with you!”

Avery took Mulicber, and with a look of sadness and regret, Severus picked up Rosier. The group scuttled off.

James took off the cloak, which had made him invisible. “You lot alright?” he asked the first years.

The children nodded.

“Don’t worry. They won’t bother you again.” Lily said kindly.

*~*~*~*

The group left the cabin after assuring the first years of their safety multiple times. “I could’ve handled it.” Remus said gruffly.

James laughed. “Didn’t look like it, Moony. So, how did you two get in a scuffle with the Slytherins?”

Lily rolled her eyes. “They were picking on the first years. It was horrible.” She said. “What exactly where you doing there, Potter?”

James grinned and walked backwards, away from Remus and Lily. “I was just looking for the lady with the trolley.”

Lily crossed her arms. “Why were you with an invisibility cloak?”

James grinned again and shrugged, walking away.

As James disappeared, Remus laughed. “He’s just looking for an excuse to be around you.”

Lily clicked her teeth. “And why is that?” she asked, frazzled.

Remus grinned. “He fancies you, Lily. I’d think it was obvious.”

Lily shook her head. “He’s a prat. I’d never fancy him back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment love for Lily/Sev/James(: