Status: new story...tell me what you think!

After All This Time

3.

The fifth year Gryffindor boys’ dormitory was missing one boy. It always had been, and it was strange that there was one less boy in their year that usual. But the boys in it were actually glad, because it led to their tight knit relationship.

“Tell us again!” Peter squealed. James had been telling the story of what had happened on the train.

“Don’t pee yourself, Wormtail.” Sirius sniggered.

“Shut it, Padfoot.” Peter squealed back.

“Lily hates you so much.” Remus chuckled, tossing the snitch James had thrown to him back at him.

James tossed it in the air, and it flew over to Sirius, who swatted at it. “I still don’t get why.” He mused.

Remus rolled his eyes. “Oh, it can’t be because you torture her best friend.” He said sarcastically.

James shrugged. “Snivellus deserves it…did you see what his little group was doing to those kids?” he asked.

Remus nodded. “I know, but it upsets her.”

Sirius rolled his eyes. “I don’t even know why she hangs out with him…he’s a prat, really.”

Peter nodded eagerly. “I agree.”

*~*~*~*

The girls sat in their room, preparing for bed.

“So what did happen on the train?” Mary asked curiously.

Lily shuddered. “Those stupid Slytherin lot were harassing a group of first years…I thought Rosier was going to blast off Remus’s neck.”

“And James saved the day?” Alice asked.

Lily rolled her eyes. “As if…we’d be able to handle it ourselves.”

Marlene sniggered. “Sure, Lil.”

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. It was a sixth year girl. “Lily, there’s some boy at the common room door waiting for you.” She said.

Lily rolled her eyes; no one needed to tell her who it was. She knew it was Severus. He had a bad habit of that; whenever he offended her in any way, he’d spend his whole night sitting at the common room door, waiting for Lily to come out.

“You aren’t really going to go talk to him, are you?” Mary asked.

Lily nodded. “He’s my best friend, Mary.”

Marlene sniggered. “And here, we thought we were your best friends.”

Lily’s eyes fluttered. “You know what I mean. I have to talk to him.” She said.

Lily went down the stairs and to the door. When she opened it, she saw Sev sitting on the cold floor, knees to his chest.

“You came.” He said breathlessly.

“You realize that you’re about to break curfew, right?” She said.

“Lily, I’m sorry.” He started off. “We never meant to make any trouble; we were just messing around with them.”

“They were crying, Severus!” Lily said.

“One of them had been rude to Mulciber’s cousin; he was just fighting back.” Severus said.

“It looked as if he was about to use the cruciatus curse on him.” She said hesitantly.
Checking her watch, she helped Severus up. “I’ll walk you back to the dungeons so you don’t get in trouble.”

Severus and Lily took off.

“He wasn’t, I swear. We were just being stupid.” He assured her.

“You say that every time, Sev.” Lily said. “I don’t know if I should believe you or not.”

Severus took her hand. “You can believe me, Lil. You will always be able to trust me.” He said.

Lily smiled. “Oh, alright then. Just don’t ever do it again.” She warned. Lily draped her arms around Severus.

“So, what were you up to on the train?” Severus asked.

Lily shrugged. “I pretty much just talked to Mary, Alice, and Marlene.”

Severus nodded. They got to his common room door. “Well, I’ll be going now.” Lily said. She hugged him. “Stay out of trouble.” She warned.

Severus laughed. “Of course, Lil.” He kissed the top of her head. Lily turned around and briskly walked away.

She was alone in the dungeons, and it was late at night. Before long, she felt as if she were being followed. When she turned the corner, she gasped.

Evan Rosier was staring her in the face. “Out of bed, Evans?” he asked.

Lily gulped. “I’m a prefect, Rosier, I can be.”

Rosier cornered her. “If you and your stupid little friends ever meddle with us again,”

“Oi! Leave her alone!”

Rosier and Lily turned around. She saw Remus standing across the hall. Rosier glared at
Lily for another couple of seconds and then swished his cloak, walking away.

“There you are, I’ve been looking all over for you.” Remus said. “Are you alright?”

Lily shuddered. “He’s so…ugh. How did you know where to find me?”

Remus smiled wryly. “Marlene told me where you’d be. She said Snape was looking for you.”

Lily nodded. “Yeah…well, I’m alright now.” She said.

Remus smiled at her kindly. “Well, let’s get back up, shall we?” he said, offering his arm to her. Lily linked her arm through his and automatically felt safer.

There was something about Remus Lupin…something that she liked.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooooooooooh snap.

don't kill me for this, ahahahah, but its always been something i thought would happen. remus lupin is a decent guy, he's the other gryffindor prefect, so i figured it would be natural for lily to eventually fall for him, but then realize he wasn't the guy for her-that james was. BADABING we have a story.