Status: Finished!

Could He Be My Mr. Wonderful?

Prologue

I silently dragged my feet towards the kitchen. I'm so nervous about this and I have no idea why. Haven't I ever lied to my parents before? I ask myself. No. This is gonna be the very first time. And I can't believe I'm doing it for a boy. That's just plain crazy. As soon as I reach the kitchen bench I say: "Mum?"

My Mum stops cooking and turns towards me with a smile. I felt slight twinge of guilt. I couldn't ever lie to her. She was the best Mum ever.

"Yes sweetie?"

Her brown hair has different shades of blond and light colours. I'm always jealous of my Mum's prettiness. Unluckily, I got my Dad's dark hair and kind of pale skin, which those two colours didn't interact properly.

"I was wondering if.." I pause, unsure of what to say. Buying more time I check the clock. I have half an hour to go. "I could go out with my friends tonight?" I babble.

Mum looks at me warily. "At this time? I don't know Kim."

"I know it's late, but please?" I look at her with those eyes that I knew nobody could resist. "I'm fifteen, Mum. I think I know what I'm doing."

Her eyes narrowed and she asks: "Which friends?"

Oh no. She caught me there. I only told my bestie, Erica, of this plan. My Mum wouldn't approve if it was just us two. Hoping that Erica wouldn't get angry, I explain: "Erica and her two older sisters." I'm such a horrible person.

After a few more seconds of thinking Mum finally agrees. "Fine. But be home before nine. Or else."

"Thanks!"

I hurriedly run from the kitchen into my room. Locking the door, I look at myself in the mirror.

"I shouldn't have lied." I mutter to myself. "Erica will be so mad at me when I tell her." What if all this wasn't worth one guy? But that is even crazier. I've liked this guy ever since I met him.

Cameron Quiseng. The boy with the dark curly hair and nice green eyes. A sweet, adorable and smart person. The one person I've had a crush on for years. Of course, it was all worth it. This guy was Cameron for crying out loud! Most of the girls in my class would love to be in my shoes right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to make this bit an introduction. The next bit in the first chapter!