Status: Finished!

Could He Be My Mr. Wonderful?

Chapter Thirty Two

Kim's POV

The bedroom door suddenly opens wide and a frustrated looking Cameron steps into my line of sight. I frown before slowly lowering Mitchael into his crib. I let a finger stroke his cheek before turning back to my husband.

Husband.

The thought still makes me smile and my heart flutter everytime it flashes in my mind. More than a week has passed since our wedding yet I still can't believe it. I can't believe how I am now officially Mrs Quiseng.

We walk out of the room, into the hallway where Cameron then envelops me in his safe strong arms. I lift my head to stare into his forever soft green eyes and smile, thinking of how lucky I am. He leans down to reach my prepared lips, I quickly respond realising the deep craving I've had for his lips ever since this morning when he left early.
"I missed you," he murmurs his mouth still lingering on mine.

"Missed you too."

I let go of him and we both head for the living room where I sit on the couch. Cameron doesn't mimick my actions, I frown up at him, remembering the defined scowl on his face just a minute ago. He lets out a huff leaning against the wall. Anger, desparation and sadness clouds his eyes. "Cam, honey, what's up?"

His dark eyebrows furrow together as he runs a hand through his thick tousled hair. "Well, I.." he pauses before continuing to tell me the horrible story.

"What?" Zach's biting tone makes the other boys flinch. He rarely uses this type of tone and when he does, it's not meant to be aimed at a close friend.

The messed up atmosphere that has built up in the room continues to intensifies as each agonizing second passes by. "How could you do that!?" Michael adds in, his dark eyes glaring at the youngest boy.

Nathan lower lip quivers, his nerves acting up. "I-I..it wasn't meant to hurt anyone."

A sigh escapes from the most sympathetic boy, Cameron, and he begins to feel sorry though he can't allow himself to give in. 

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking, okay? I don't th-"

Zach cuts him off. "That's just it Nathan. You think, yes, but not properly. You don't think of posibilities, other ways or even consequences. It's not something to be proud of." Pity finds its way to his deep ocean eyes but it quickly fades away.

"I'm not proud of it! And it was just a one time thing, Zach. I promise I'll never do it again."

Mikey shakes his head. "Dude, you're like a little brother to us. We don't want you to get hurt again, or anyone else to get hurt again."

Nathan's fists clench together. "I wasn't the only one.."

"But you were there. You were still part of it."

Well hidden tears start to force themselves out of his brown eyes. He attempts to evade the water from flowing out. It feels as if each and every one of his best friends have just individually sliced themselves a piece of his heart, a small knot twisting in his lower abdomen threatening to tighten when the tears fall and even though what he did was plain wrong, a small part of his head chants at the back saying, "It's not all your fault. They're too hard on you."

He knows it is. And that his actions deserve punishment. But not this. Anything but this. It seems as if his friends are betraying him. Not even caring to listen to his side of the story and just focusing on the negative. As always. Like they don't trust him anymore...as if they ever did.

Cam takes slow steps towards the crying young man. His heart drops seeing the hurt on his expression. He presses his lips together fully knowing that if he comforted Nathan, all would be lost. He has no control over his sweet personality unlike Michael and Zach, who are always perfectly smooth in situtaions like these, not letting anything mess up their arguments.

The green eyed boy stops. "I'm sorry," he whispers before going back to his original spot. "I'm sorry Nathan but what you did could be considered as unforgivable."

And the three leaves. Just like that. Leaving young Nathan, in an empty room, his cries bouncing off the walls, echoing the sounds, mocking him.


- - -

The next couple of days isn't filled with positive thoughts, joyous feelings or moments, instead the long hours of the day just drone on. 

I want to be happy and have a nice time with Cameron, specially now that were married, but I couldn't be selfish and have fun while my husband sits at home pouting. 

"Kim it's okay," Kiara states. "They'll be fine with us. I promise."

I bite my lip giving her, what I hope, is a puppy face. "But...but."

"No. Don't, don't do that. Do not give me that face."

Sighing in defeat, I carefully hand her the twins' bag then set off to collect Mitchael's belongings. She follows my steps explaining to me why we need to let her babysit the children for just a little while and I ignore her rambling mouth, listing the things she should and shouldn't do with the babies. Sometimes it feels like I'm the older sister because I'm the one giving her advice on life and motherhood. I've just been through a lot and I don't want her making the same mistakes that I've done. Not that Cameron was a mistake.

Once her car left the driveway, I make my way to Michael's house where I agreed to go and meet up with the boys. I shouldn't be calling them boys anymore. The three have grown up and, whilst sometimes acts childish, matured very well over the last years I've known them. Michael and Zach have even chosen to attend college next year in pursuit of their dreams. I sigh, remembering my dream before all of this. 

"Hey Kim!" I hear a familiar voice shout from the house. 

My eyes search the perimeter and land on the garage door, slowly sliding upward letting me get a full view of the guys. "Hey."

I sit beside Cameron and he sweetly wraps my shoulder with an arm. I've learnt not to be so intimate or affectionate towards Cam when his friends are around. Specially friends who like to pretend they're vomiting at the sight of us. But I know that deep inside their soul they're wishing to have a girl. Their eyes give it away. 

Then the real reason whispers in my head again. "Guys I know Nathan was a very close friend and you four were best friends but you can't let this argument rule your life," I say. 

Zach nods and I'm thankful he understands me. "She's got a point. Actually you're perfectly right!"

I feel a pair of lips sneak in a kiss on my cheek and I turn my head to smile at Cam. "Thanks," I whisper. 

Michael grunts before sitting down next to a drum set, picks up sticks and begins banging on one. This is probably his way of letting anger, sadness, loathing or any negativity out. 

It takes a while before the rapid and random drum beats turn into a perfect rhythm. The pattern sounds familiar and a voice begins to sing the lyrics. 

My head immediately bobs up to stare at the person. My eyeballs would've popped out of its socket if it could. I have no idea that Zach could sing. That sentence is an understatement as his soft voice fills the room and my ears buzz from the perfect sound coming from his mouth. I feel my lips part in awe.

"Wow Zach..." I trail off lost with words. 

I receive a modest smile before he sings again. 

The fingers from Cam's right arm, that's draped over my body, twitch and begin to continuously stroke quick fast lines on my forearm. I smirk knowing full well about his love for music and his guitar. "Well go on. Join them!"

He manages to find a guitar. It's an old, covered in dust, with one broken string guitar. "It'll do." He shrugs. 

Cameron's fingers struggle for a few seconds finding the right chords to play but once he's remembered it, magic starts up. 

I close my eyes, silently mumbling the words of the song under my breath. It surprisingly sounds good. 

Once their 'performance' ended, I clap. The boys laugh at my reaction with a brilliant glint in their eyes. 

This probably means the start of something new. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Before drama starts again, I'd like to say, I'm pretty sure that's not how the guys broke up. I'm sure the guys would never do that to Nathan. I doubt it happened that way.

Btw, I hope this chapter is long enough to make up for the looping time in which I haven't updated.

<3