Status: Finished!

Could He Be My Mr. Wonderful?

Chapter Four

Have you ever felt really guilty about some silly choice? Has there ever been that gnawing tingle creeping inside you threatening to break you down? Even if it was just about a stupid mistake? Have you ever felt like needing to do something but it ended up hurting your friend instead? Even though it was for the most special guy?

Well, you aren't alone because all those things are happening to me right now. If, and if, that has ever happened to anyone else - though surely nobody could be as dumb as me - then hopefully you guys are all better now because it's the most terrible feeling. And let's not dwell into that.

I silently stand in front of my best friend with all those things running through my head. She has been hissing at me for the past two minutes, trying to get things into me. As if I haven't already figured that out just after I lied. To my Mum. Using my bestie.

"Kim, how could you do that?" She asks, her tone almost pleading.

I look down at the ground hoping everything would just go away. After a while I say: "I told you before: I had to make a quick decision or else I would've never gone on that date with Cam."

Erica glares at me with betrayed eyes. "Cam? So you're willing to let go of me for a guy?" Her voice is getting louder and louder.

"You know how my parents are. They're kind of on the strict side? And besides, you were the one who persuaded me to go out with him." I accuse her - which is a very bad idea.

"What? You wouldn't even know anything about Cameron if it wasn't for me!" She shrieks. The people along our path quickly walk away to avoid any drama.

I take in a sharp breath. "You know what? I'm tired of all this." I point out holding up my hands. "I don't want us to have a dumb fight because of my boyfriend, alright?"

Gasping she takes a step back. "So it's my fault? You're 'boyfriend' * - she says while using finger quotes - * is so stupid! Didn't you tell him about you lying? If he was the most amazing guy ever then why didn't he-"

I scream at her face, "This isn't Cameron's fault!"

"Fine then. Be a dumb bitch and go along with your little boyfriend. Just remember that if he breaks your cold heart that nobody will be there to comfort you." She hisses and if looks could kill, then I'm dead on the ground right now.

Taking up my courage for another round of swearing, I step closer. She runs away before I can say anything else. But not fast enough for me to see her wipe silent tears off her face. And that also makes me start crying.

* * *
A whisper carries me softly to the window. I slowly open it and look around for someone, thinking that hopefully it's Erica. I didn't mean to shout those things at her. "Pssst Kim." The voice whispers again.

I look to the side to see a grinning Cameron holding up a box of tissue. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"See this box? I thought I saw you crying so I decided to come here." He answers, clearly waiting for me to do something that I don't know what.

He gestures a question I should've answered to ages ago. "Oh sorry, come in."

We both sit on my bed just there, unsaid words floating around waiting to be pointed out. I'm too tired and upset to do anything other than cuddle up to my new comfort. Cameron's arms. He tightens his hold around my shoulders and I eagerly snuggle onto his muscled chest. "Kim, I'm sorry for whatever happened. It's okay if you don't wanna tell me." He explains.

I sigh. "Cam, you sneaking to my house, bringing a box of tissue, calming me down just because you thought you saw me crying? That is the sweetest thing anyone could've done for me."

He chuckles, lifting up my chin and I laugh too. "You know what the sweetest thing to me is?"

"No." I shake my head. "Do I wanna know?"

"Maybe, I don't know. That smile on your lips, is the sweetest thing I've ever seen." He teases, brushing my cheek which always causes me to blush. "And those pink cheeks. Please don't cry."

I look closely at his eyes wishing for some kind of miracle to happen. For once it works because he leans in and plants a kiss on my lips, which according to him are really sweet. I respond then wrap my arms around his neck. I'm fifteen (and he's 17) and I want to keep things slow. Very slow. Cameron understands and he just lightly kisses me.

I suddenly pull away. "Sorry I-I just can't. Not right now. My bestie, she just - and I don't want to do anything! I'm such a horrible person and I don't know. If I could turn things back I would but I can't and -" Cameron puts a finger to my babbling lips.

"It's okay. And what is the problem?" He asks with true concern.

I whisper not wanting to gaze into his green stars: "You are."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. We both haven't had much time to write this story, so sorry. But hopefully you guys like this chapter!