‹ Prequel: Her Remedy

Love Transcends All

Chapter 1

My engagement ring glistened as I went about preparing lunch for myself and my dear fiancée. My fiancée. That word amazes me. 5 years ago if you said that I’d get engaged to a man of my dreams I would show you the bird and laughed at the thought of getting married to someone. I came from a broken home, so it was like second nature to me to not believe in the concept of marriage. But like I said, Arin changed my views on life.

I heard footsteps coming from our bedroom and moments after that a pair of hands snaked around my waist. “Hi, baby,” I smiled as I heard Arin whispered against my ear before pecking me lightly on the cheek.

“Hi,” I replied and I looked on as he sat across from me at the counter. I looked on as he grabbed a slice of bread from the counter and started throwing them into his mouth. I giggled at the sight. “You look nice today,” I commented. He was wearing just a simple shirt and a pair of shorts. His hair was slight damp and a few strands dangled around his face.

“Don’t I always look nice?”

I shook my head and continued with the prepping to make stew for lunch. “Nope, not always.”

“Wow,” he breathed. Then he made a face and put a hand on his chest. “I am hurt,” I giggled when he said that. Then he leaned forward and rested his chin on his hand. “But that just means you’re engaged to an ugly man.”

I raised my eyebrow and leaned forward. “No, Arin. You’re engaged to a gorgeous lady. Be grateful,” I said as I smirked at him.

He laughed and walked over to me and leaned in for a kiss. I smiled at him. The first time we met he was unbelievably shy. It only made things worse as I was nervous and shy whenever I’m around him. But after a few more dates, we opened up to each other. I get this surge of immense love for him coursing through my body whenever he’s around me. He was my support system, as I was for him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. He flashed that smile of his that I love so much before leaning down and planting a kiss on my lips. Have I mentioned that he’s a fantastic kisser? I mean, I could spend hours and hours just kissing him and I wouldn’t even complain. For someone who was unbelievably shy when we first met, he was an awesome kisser. He beamed when the first time I complimented him on how good of a kisser he was.

I smiled against his lips as he pulled me closer, deepening the kiss. His lips felt so good on mine. I parted my lips and I moaned slightly when I felt his tongue wrestle against mine. A shiver ran down my spine as I felt his hand under my shirt and he had successfully pushed me against the counter so that I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere. Not that I want to go anywhere, really.

I felt him chuckle against my neck as I moaned when he brought his lips down to my neck. He knew where my weak spots are, damn him. “Baby, you’re distracting me from my cooking,” I said, my voice shook slightly due to his lips working their magic on my neck.

“Do you want me to stop?” he asked and I had to bite my lip in order not to moan out let as he nibbled on that one particularly sensitive spot on my neck. Damn this kid. Sometimes I feel like he knows my body better than me. “I don’t think I can stop,” he said as he continued mauling my neck.

He lifted me up and placed me on the counter, with him standing in between my legs. I could feel him rubbing against my groin area and I could not help the moan that escaped between my lips. I pulled his head up for another passionate kiss as I felt his fingers trailing towards my inner thigh. A warmness coursed through my body all the way to my womanly areas as I longed for more of his touch.

As if God was showing us a sign that we should not do it on the kitchen counter, Arin’s phone went off and our movements stopped as we contemplate on whether to continue mauling each other’s bodies or to put things on hold for a few minutes. And oh Lord, a few minutes felt like eons to me.

Much to my dismay, Arin stepped away from me and reached for his cellphone. I sighed in disappointment as he shot an apologetic look towards me. And as always, when he does that, all my disappointment goes out the window.

I went back to my cooking as Arin spoke on the phone. A string of, “What?”, “Oh, alright” and finally an “I’ll be there in a few” were heard and I waited for Arin to tell me the news. He walked towards me and I turned around and looked at him. His face says it all. He was excited about something.

“That was Mike,” he said and when I didn’t know what on Earth he was talking about, he continued. “Mike Fasano, he’s the drum tech for Avenged Sevenfold. He wants me to try out for the band’s tour drummer.”

“Oh my God, that’s good news, Arin!” I said excitedly. I have been a fan of Avenged Sevenfold for quite some time and I, like Arin, could not believe when Jimmy passed. It’s a big shoes to fill seeing as Jimmy was a genius on drums but I know Arin will try his best and whether he gets the job or not, he’ll be grateful to have the chance to try out. “When do you have to go for the tryout?”

“Today,” he said. “Actually, I have to go now,” as he looked at the watch. He pushed a few strands of his hair away from his face and scratched the back of his neck. I could tell he was nervous.

“Baby, come here,” I said, he did and I pulled him into a hug. “It’ll be okay. Just do your best and whether or not you get the job, just give it your all. Go impress them with your drumming skills,” I said before planting a kiss on his lips.

He kissed me back and said, “I love you, Lis. I’m so glad I have you in my life.”

I smiled at him. “I love you too, Arin. Now go kick some butt,” I said as I lightly pat on his back. He kissed my cheek, promised that he would be back for lunch before exiting the house to head to the studio.

I could sense that things are finally looking up for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the first chapter. Tell what you think! Arin greatly disapproves of silent readers :P Like I said before, I do need comments in order for me to continue.

Thank you all who have subscribed. Please comment on the story for me to continue. How about making it 4 comments for the next update? Yes. :)