‹ Prequel: Her Remedy

Love Transcends All

Chapter 4

I was nervous, to say the least. I could feel Arin’s eyes on me as I paced around the room trying to decrease my nervousness. I tried not to think about tonight; instead I tried to think about anything other than tonight. It didn’t work. I could feel myself panicking.

I heard Arin chuckled and I turned around and glared at him. “Baby, stop being so nervous. You’re making me nervous.”

“What should I wear? What should I say to them? What if they don’t like me?” I asked him. I had worry written all over my face. “Oh God, Arin. What if they don’t like me?” I heard him chuckle again and I let out a sigh of defeat. “Stop laughing, Arin, it’s not funny!”

“No, it’s not funny. You’re so cute when you’re nervous,” he said. I stood in front of him with my hands on my hips. If he’s trying to make me feel better by making fun of me, it’s definitely not working. He sighed and motioned me to come closer. When I was directly in front of him, he pulled me so that I was sitting on his lap. He took my face in his hand and kissed my lips. “You’ll do fine. They’re a great bunch of people. They will like you, I promise.”

I nodded but I still feel nervous as fuck. We were meeting the members of Avenged Sevenfold for dinner and I’ve never been this nervous to meet anyone in my life. “We have to get ready. Oh God, what do I wear?” I mumbled to myself as I hopped off of Arin’s lap and walked to my dresser. I rummaged through my dresser to find something decent to wear. I’ve always hated being a situation that makes me nervous. It could get quite uncomfortable.

A pair of hands snaked their way around my waist and I just had to smile when Arin trailed kissed from my shoulder up to my neck. A shiver ran down my spine as I felt him place kisses on my skin. “You look beautiful in anything,” he whispered against my ear. Then he let go off me before exiting the door, sending me a wink just before he exit the room.

After what seemed like an eternity of picking and choosing clothes, I finally settled for a simple outfit. A pleated purple skirt paired with a floral patterned tank top and a black cardigan on top. Together with that outfit, I chose a pair of black booties and black clutch and figured that I didn’t need any jewellery to complement my outfit; my engagement ring is the perfect addition to everything that I wear these days.

I slapped on a simple makeup for my face and I was ready to go. Nervous as hell but I figured the alcohol would help me with my nervousness. I saw Arin sitting at the couch waiting for me and I went up to him. As he stood up, his eyes roamed my body and a smile formed on his face. “You look amazing, Lis,” he said before he gave me a quick kiss. I smiled and the both of us exited out apartment and went to the car.

On our way to the restaurant Arin held my hand in his hand and his other hand controlled the steering wheel. My other free hand played with my skirt as I tried to hide my nervousness. It’s ridiculous, really. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to see the band but I’m nervous and it’s making me super uncomfortable.

I mean, really, what if they hated me? What if they think I’m boring? What am I supposed to say to them? Ask about their music? Pfft, I’m not going to go all interviewing them. Which reminds me, I need to tone down the fangirl side of me.

I could feel my heart beating wildly as Arin parked the car at the parking lot. We exited the car and Arin slid his arm around my waist as we walked towards the door of the restaurant. Arin gave him his name to the host and the host led us to the table in the middle of the room. This is it. I’m going to meet the members of one of my favourite bands of all time. I am actually going to have dinner with them and talk to them. Holy cow.

Sitting at the round table in the middle of the room, I spotted 4 well-built men in the company of 4 gorgeous women. Suddenly I feel so intimidated by these women. They were so beautiful; it made me feel so tiny. They were dressed so beautiful and it was like as if they were glowing. They were talking with their partners and I could see the love the men have to their partners.

“There he is!” I heard someone called from the table and I instantly recognize who he was. It was the lead singer, M Shadows. I gulped, looked at Arin and I saw a huge beam on his face. The rest of the people at the table stood up and greeted us. Arin let go of me as the guys gave him a hug one by one.

“C’mon man, introduce us to your lady here,” I heard the left handed guitarist, Zacky said.

Arin pulled me closer. “Lis, this is Matt, Zacky, Brian and Johnny,” he said as he pointed to the guys. I looked at Arin and rolled my eyes at him. As if I didn’t know who they were. “Guys, this is Melissa, my fiancée.”

I could see the guys had a look of surprised on their faces. I smiled and shook their hands feeling the nervousness slowly subside. “Wow, man, you didn’t tell us you’re engaged!” I heard Matt said. He looked at Arin and looked back at me. “Congrats! When did that happen?”

I decided I should probably speak up or else they’d think I was mute. “5 months ago,” I replied, my voice shaking with nervous. I hope they didn’t notice that, though.

All of us then joined the table and I was introduced to the 4 women, Val, Michelle, Lacey and Gena, the love of Matt, Brian, Johnny and Zacky’s life respectively. They were so lovely and so nice and I had to repeatedly pinch myself just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. Sitting at the same table with the members of my favourite band is like a dream come true.

Over dinner we talked about the most random things. They talked about life on the road, how they constantly miss their families back home. They talked about funny things that happened amongst them. But something was missing that night and it was evident that all four of them deeply missed their fallen brother, Jimmy. Whenever they mentioned Jimmy, I felt sadness in my heart. He was one of my idols and definitely someone who Arin looked up to when he was younger.

I was still nervous so most of the time I was silent. The girls did talk to me and it was easier to talk to them than to talk to the boys. The boys were gorgeous. If they were gorgeous on stage and in their music videos, I can tell you that they were even more good looking in real life. Matt’s dimples were even more adorable when you’re sitting right across from him. Brian’s jokes are funnier and I laughed so hard at some of the dirty jokes he made that I almost cried. Zacky’s green eyes were mesmerizing. And Johnny is so adorable, and he seemed shorter in real life.

I giggled and by the end of the night the nervousness went away and I found myself talking more and more with the guys. They were so down to earth, so friendly that I had to kick myself for being so nervous around them.

“So what made you choose this dork right here to play for you?” I asked. Arin chuckled and lightly squeezed my hand from under the table.

“Oh it’s quite a story,” Zacky said. Somehow I felt more comfortable talking to Zacky. We kinda clicked on a few things so it was kinda cool.

“I think I have all night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. Here's the 4th chapter! :)