‹ Prequel: Her Remedy

Love Transcends All

Chapter 7

It was a very fine day. It was the perfect day to have a day out with your girl friends, like I’m having one now. The cool Saturday breeze was a welcoming feeling on my skin. I bent down and attached my lips on the cup of coffee in front of me and took a sip of the hot drink.

“So how are things between you and Arin?” The blonde lady sitting in front of me ask. She had her hair tied up in a bun and she was wearing a pair of shorts and purple jumper. It definitely showed off her flawless skin, and I envy her for having such amazing body.

“We’re doing really great,” I answered her question. “We’ve been together for about 3 years now and I think we’re stronger than ever.”

Gena smiled fondly at me and I blushed when she did that. “That’s really good to hear, Melissa.”

I nodded and smiled. “Yeah. But I still get so anxious thinking about the tour that’s coming up.”

“Why so?”

I shrugged. “I’m just, I don’t know, nervous maybe? Arin and I have never been apart for more than a month so having him away from me for 3 months...” I trailed off, not wanting to think about it. Because the more I think about it, the more anxious I get.

“Don’t worry. We’re all here for you,” she said, and I know she meant the other 4 girls. I smiled at her in gratitude. I felt so welcomed, and it was weird since after what I’ve been through in the past, I still have my insecurities where I feel like people would hate me. “It will be hard, but he’ll be back in no time, trust me. And when he’s back, it would feel as though he never left.”

“How did you feel when Zacky went on tour for the first time?”

“I’m not gonna lie to you and say that it was easy, because it wasn’t,” she said. “It was alright in the beginning since Avenged was just a small band back then, with smaller fanbase. It got hard for me when they got bigger and started to do headlining tours internationally. It was the distance and the time difference. There were days where I couldn’t even talk to him because of the time difference. But somehow we pulled through. And you two are going to make it through it all.”

I smiled and wished that she was right.

* * *

I lost the track of time when I was with Gena. We spent almost 5 hours just talking to each other about the most random things on Earth. And I have to say, that coffee session with her was very helpful for me. She shared with me her own experiences of having Zacky away while he’s on tour and in away, it helps me to make myself ready for the day that Arin goes off on tour with the rest of the band.

It was nearly 8.30pm when I reached home. The apartment seemed oddly empty, for Arin had gone off to the studio to practice with the guys. For a minute I thought that this is what it feels like to come home to an empty house. The feel of dread washed over me again. I sighed, and walked towards our bedroom to strip myself of my clothes.

I figured I needed a relaxing time for myself. Somehow I felt oddly tired; I was probably drained out emotionally after the talk with Gena. I went to the bathtub in our bathroom and prepared a bath for myself. I lined the scented candles around the tub and lighted them up, instantly filling the room with the soothing and relaxing smell of lavender.

Once the tub was filled with warm water, I entered the tub and slowly sank my body down into the warm water. The feel of it against my skin, with the relaxing scent of lavender, it instantly calmed me down.

I lost the track of time for the second time today, and seeing as the bubbles had already vanished from the water, I reckon I spent quite some time in the tub. I stood up, reached for my bathrobe and wrapped myself in it as I drained the tub off of the water. When I exited the bathroom, I glanced at the clock; it was 9.45pm.

I wore something comfortable and checked my phone; I had 4 miss calls, 3 of them from Arin, and the other from an unknown number and also a text from Arin that says he’d be back in about 2 hours time.I lost the track of time for the second time today, and seeing as the bubbles had already vanished from the water, I reckon I spent quite some time in the tub. I stood up, reached for my bathrobe and wrapped myself in it as I drained the tub off of the water. When I exited the bathroom, I glanced at the clock; it was 9.45pm.

After wearing my pyjamas which basically consists of a pair of shorts and a spaghetti strapped top, I went to the kitchen to get myself something for dinner. After dinner, I decided to wait for Arin while watching the TV. I know he told me to not wait up for him, but I just want to.

After spending more than 6 hours without him around me, it definitely feels weird. Especially coming home to an empty house, that’s the worse part. I’m not sure how I’m going to endure 3 months without him, but I suppose the girls will help me to cope with it. And like Arin said, he’d call me and we’ll talk every day, so it won’t be that hard on us. I hope.

The images on the television screen blurred in front of me as I drifted off to sleep.

* * *

I suddenly felt my body being lifted off the couch that I fell asleep on. I was still so very sleepy, and I reluctantly opened my eyes just to see Arin carrying me towards our bedroom. I smiled weakly and snuggled in his arms. I heard him sigh and felt him pressing his lips on my forehead as he walked towards our bedroom.

He lowered me down on our plush bed. His arms left my body and though I wanted to protest, I was too tired to do so. I just kept my eyes closed and waited for Arin to join me in bed. When I felt his arms around me, pulling me close to him, I sighed in contentment and rested my head against his chest.

I felt his lips against my skin, once again, now at my temple. He caressed my cheek with his thumb, trailing invisible patterns on my skin. “I told you not to wait up for me.”

I wrapped my arms around his torso and snuggled closer. “But I wanted to, so I did,” I replied. I smiled contentedly as I felt him playing with my hair. For the second time tonight, I drifted off to sleep, but this time, in the arms of my soul mate.